*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
I'm confused. Is quaratine over, as far for tickets and violation patrol? It seems everyone at the beach now, everywhere, and nobody seems to give a crap now. Can we go about usual life again without worry of fines?
Were you just listening to Gruesomes speech? Its over kids - im so proud of my friends & neighbors who forced the issue.

Now it will just gain momentum. Smart pols always act like theyre leading. H-wood obviously told him the facts.

I have a czech friend who told me how the iron curtain came down. Like the hb protest, it just kept gathering steam from a small start.

Payback is now in play. Curious about the various initiatives that will be ratified preventing future human rights violations under asserted emergency powers.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Were you just listening to Gruesomes speech? Its over kids - im so proud of my friends & neighbors who forced the issue.

Now it will just gain momentum. Smart pols always act like theyre leading. H-wood obviously told him the facts.

I have a czech friend who told me how the iron curtain came down. Like the hb protest, it just kept gathering steam from a small start.

Payback is now in play. Curious about the various initiatives that will be ratified preventing future human rights violations under asserted emergency powers.
Hopefully people are beginning to see that they need to take local politics WAY more seriously. Your local officials are who protect you from those higher up the food chain. This is straight out of 15th and 16th century Protestant resistance theory.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Anybody extrapolating this situation out by considering personal income, expenses, savings, etc? I find it calming.
In my case, somewhat. A huge chunk of my income just flies out the window in taxes. Making more money just puts you in the earned income tax trap. I have a plan to reduce pay off my mortgage if I need to.

I'm still not an island. Everyone should consider that. You're not going to be doing fine if everyone else is not.

Reactions: racer1

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
Hopefully people are beginning to see that they need to take local politics WAY more seriously. Your local officials are who protect you from those higher up the food chain. This is straight out of 15th and 16th century Protestant resistance theory.
This entire CV episode will prove to be a deeply shameful experience in our nations history.

Like the deNazification process in post WW2 Germany, we now need to add legal protections to prevent future abuses of power.

The ability of government - without any oversight - to unilaterally suspend constitutional rights by mere declaration of emergency must be eliminated.

We now need to collectively vow to never let this happen again, and work together to ensure future generations dont have to learn firsthand that yes, tyranny can even come to the US in the face of ugly police power merely "following orders".

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Should not have put Caucasian geez
I'll stick with my caucasian male application.

"Roughly 95% of Black-owned businesses, 91% of Latino-owned businesses, 91% of Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander-owned businesses, and 75% of Asian-owned businesses stand close to no chance of receiving a PPP loan through a mainstream bank or credit union," the center warned on April 6 as the Paycheck Protection Program, or the PPP, was starting to take applications.

• Wow
Reactions: the janitor

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
This entire CV episode will prove to be a deeply shameful experience in our nations history.

Like the deNazification process in post WW2 Germany, we now need to add legal protections to prevent future abuses of power.

The ability of government - without any oversight - to unilaterally suspend constitutional rights by mere declaration of emergency must be eliminated.

We now need to collectively vow to never let this happen again, and work together to ensure future generations dont have to learn firsthand that yes, tyranny can even come to the US in the face of ugly police power merely "following orders".
Odd that you would pick de Nazification as an example, the Third Reich have sweet spot in your heart?

• Haha
Reactions: Bman76

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
If you had experience in those fields you would of course be allowed to share those in a public forum, as long as you aren't breaching any confidentiality clauses you might have signed. I've shared a bunch here.

Maybe start here:

At first glance you might think it actually supports your thesis. But in reality it shows how Google are spending relatively little effort on the project, despite a desire to get back into China on a official basis.
No I would not. Sorry.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Anyone who has to enforce rules is getting a taste of what teachers have been dealing with the last 10 years.

The sentiment goes like, "How dare you ask me to follow a rule!"

And the schools response is the hold the teacher accountable.

Which is fine except you prime the masses toward antisocial behavior.

WTF pushing a ranger in the water?

The society you sh!t on is the one you have to live in. :poop:

Reactions: Bman76 and mundus

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Supporting an occupying force during a war = reporting your neighbor for not social distancing during a viral outbreak?

Why can't Baja real estate salesmen make valid comparisons? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf