*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
First surf this week after getting great waves all last week, nothing special but my favorite little reef had a minor crowd and I was able to sit outside and pick the set waves, went from glassy to slightly textured but not too windy. kenson 5'9 quad was the right board for the day. Let's go Aztecs...

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
15-20mph side/onshore N winds made for some super fun, chunky, CH left wedges down the street. Surfed late morning on the incoming tide and walked about 10 blocks before paddling out. Ended up drifting about 20 blocks in 1.5 hrs. No one out. Rode the Bullet with MR 2+1 and had a blast.

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Post storm session at a spot down the way from my local. Kind of big outside sluffers that would reform and occasionally peel pretty enjoyably along an inside bar. Some exciting drops and a few clean faces. Not many proper turn sections but still fun. Rode the 6'3" SMTH thruster. Felt a little undergunned but it was mostly just the current and the big playing field. Just me and a buddy for a couple hours. Good to surf after days of heavy rain and winds.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
sh!t winds in morning
switched offshore afternoon
had to drive 3 spots further than usual, but got a few good ones
it was tricky though
peaks everywhere and hittin at almost a 45 degree swell angle
most waves were flat shoulders

Last edited:

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Low expectations make for the best sessions.

Missed the morning window. Sleepless night. Thought I had completely missed my opportunity to surf, so I tackled some chores around the house and kept the afternoon free for a paddle. Hopped in the water on my poorman's paddleboard (a 6'1" Stamps GX) without seeing anything, thinking I'd just paddle from one spot to the next. Kinda textured and shitty at the jump off spot. Paddled 15 minutes down the way to another spot and low and behold it was pretty rippable, and the crowd was light. Got about 45 minutes of a light crowd, and once it started to clog up, I was out. Happy as can be.

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
Quick sesh late morning just before the wind fully turned. Paddled out at VFWs, got halfway out and realized the outer bar waves were just burgering into nothing after a second or two so I paddled north a little to try and sit on an inner bar wedge. Took a while of waiting and paddling to get in position, some were slabby and heavy. Notable waves were a right that stayed open enough for a turn and then bank off the closeout foam, and a left that I wimped out on pulling in backside on the slabby closeout.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Surfed the dropping tide this morning. Bigger than I assessed from looking w/ some punchy wedges.
Rode the fuse 5’10 first time in a while. Boar is like a sticky skateboard goes wherever you want with confidence. Would have been fun in a close out trying to find a section to hit way if I didn’t get stuck inside for 10 minutes of thumps half the time.
no complaints after not surfing 2 weeks.