*** Official 2020 Community Surf Journal ***

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Retodds secret sandbar #2 had some nice head high peaky tubes and semi decent shape on the runners
Good group of regulars on the prime peak so that was nice. Very productive session when the rules are followed .

Ended the sesh on a long chest high draining left . Best toob all sumer for me

Stocked

Tomotek Vader was perfect for today

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Retodds secret sandbar #2 had some nice head high peaky tubes and semi decent shape on the runners
Good group of regulars on the prime peak so that was nice. Very productive session when the rules are followed .

Stocked

You could have found the only waves in socal this morning. I went lurking to all the SSE spots early this a.m. and wound up driving home empty handed.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California

Stocked

Got any pics of the new stick?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Short waist to chest high waves, breaking for a little bit, and then dumping in the shallows. Slight west wind but overall, slightly better than yesterday and a lot more crowded. Kids had a blast on the sand and in water with new boogieboard. Waves were perfect for them. I got a few fun ones, couple turns, floaters, very short head-dip barrels, but 45 minutes was enough. Got 000d in water almost simultaneously as wife and kids did on sand. Said F it as inland invasion was descending by 11, back home cracking a cold one while kids are having a water fight outside.

I am guessing retodd was a few hundreds to the south of me. It looked better down there but still, nothing to write home about swell-wise.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
crumbly knee-waist rollers with the odd plus but . . . trunks + the 11'er = flawless victory.

and in between the 35 waves i caught in 90 minutes i was talking to a local guy and he's mentioning how he has been surfing different areas including Senor Sopa's zone. we were talking about swell directions that work down there and he says the only time he has ever seen a shark is in that zone. says there are reefs on the outside where lobster traps get set that have a lot of sea life.

all sounded very logical but then the flat earther/anti-mask part of my brain kicked in and i quickly realized that this guy and Senor Sopa must be connected somehow and were conspiring on this whole shark thing.

almost got me but i'm too smart - ha!
All you shark are mine!

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
[QUOTE="Muscles, post: 3201042, member: 41719"
My biggest issue is this guy couldn't even man up and confront me. Every time I've confronted someone they always start back peddling. "I never hit you" is such a cop out. Homeboy knew what he was doing. He just didn't realize who he did it to. I would have had a lot more respect for him if the guy said "fook you" instead of playing victim and paddling away. If you're going to be an asshole then you should own it and be prepared to deal with your actions.
[/QUOTE]

You’re a big dude. “Fook you, sir.” Maybe.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
You’re a big dude. “Fook you, sir.” Maybe.
My friend texted me later and said the guy continued to burn everyone and ignore them when they called him out.

I never understand people who paddle out somewhere where they are not a regular and proceed to hassle everyone. I sit on the sides and take scraps when I go to other spots.

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
Yesterday morning I waited for the tide push hoping it would help things and got f’d by the wind.

Same strategy today with a much better result. Got a bunch of waves on the tkf. Highlight was a chest high right that let me get in a bottom turn, highline the section, come down again and then finish with pretty good feeling wrap

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Only a few surfs so far but it feels good , no weirdness or chatter , no getting hung up in the lip on take offs .
Light but not to light
No squish marks on the rails from squeezing ithard

Reactions: jkb

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
packed the family up for our friday and monday beach hang outs since the wife is furloughed from her Fri- Mon job, try to avoid the local beaches on the weekends except for a quick surf for me, anywho parked at the state beach aka shark park, walked north until we had space, set up camp, paddled out on the 9'4 and as I glanced out the back about 200 yards offshore a decent size shark breached, i looked around and nobody else saw it, paddled around chasing mini waves and trying to find peaks that didn't have little kids inside so in case I lost the lb i didnt' kill anyone, 45 minutes later i went in and brought out my kid on her boogie board and i rode her 6 foot INT that was actually more fun than the lb because of the dumpy beachbreak, did a nice switchfoot off the top on a left, then we swapped board and she got a bunch of little waves as i rode her BZ, meanwhile the wife walked a mile down the beach crossed the 101 and picked up some mexi grinds and adult lemonades aka margaritas and when we came in from a couple hours in the water it was feast time, stayed until the beach cleared and went home and jumped in the jacuzzi, gonna be flat for a while it seems so when life gives you lemons and limes- margaritas!