Obstruction of Congress

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Well another defense is that he never actually tried to bribe the Uke Prez. Because, ya know, he didn’t.

that’s why “bribery” ”QPQ” and now “abuse of power” have been dropped.

replaced by “obstruction”.
Well, lets try to break this down:

Do you believe that he withheld aid and a meeting making it conditional on V's announcing an investigation of trump?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Well, lets try to break this down:

Do you believe that he withheld aid and a meeting making it conditional on V's announcing an investigation of trump?
He did not. The aid was given, there was no announcement and they had a meeting.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It's ironic that to avoid cognitive dissonance, you responded the way you did. :poop:
I’m done with the whole “if you disagree with me you’re dumb” line of argument. The whole cognitive dissonance track is simply a gussied up version of that

it’s cognitive dissonance to not realize that’s what’s happening here

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You don’t agree with impeachment? Blackmailing a foreign country to interfere in our election process isn’t enough? Haha Then what is? What does a president have to do to warrant impeachment in your view? Give an example.
Lying about “weapons of mass destruction“ to get us into a war in a foreign country, a war that caused death and injury to millions of people and further destabilized an entire region of the world.

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
More copy-paste nonsense that I've already seen

Go back to Russia, bot
Wrong, but you don't appear to care much about getting anything right.
Exhibiting some classic simian characteristics there, friend.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I’m done with the whole “if you disagree with me you’re dumb” line of argument. The whole cognitive dissonance track is simply a gussied up version of that

it’s cognitive dissonance to not realize that’s what’s happening here
Your line of thinking precludes the idea that you and some of the more willfully stupid posters could be wrong.

Which is silly.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Your line of thinking precludes the idea that you and some of the more willfully stupid posters could be wrong.

Which is silly.
I've never denied the possibility of being wrong, and when I have been wrong, I have admitted it.

Your line of thinking suggests that only your opinions and the opinions your share with certain others are correct

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I've never denied the possibility of being wrong, and when I have been wrong, I have admitted it.

Your line of thinking suggests that only your opinions and the opinions your share with certain others are correct
You got that from my referencing of motivated reasoning?

Just because I accuse people of motivated reasoning it doesn't follow that the person is NOT using motivated reasoning.

Gross dummy is the king of it.

A text book case.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Well another defense is that he never actually tried to bribe the Uke Prez. Because, ya know, he didn’t.

that’s why “bribery” ”QPQ” and now “abuse of power” have been dropped.

replaced by “obstruction”.
Sure, maybe dems were just changing their mind on what to "pin on him".

Or maybe their view of the actions evolved as more information came out, more people came forward, more people refused to testify and the timeline became more clear.

There are cases at SCOTUS that will either confirm or poke holes in the immunity defense.

Maybe the 12 people with more direct knowledge will totally exonerate the President. Just like the Mueller report.