Obstruction of Congress

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
Please give very specific examples of "Obstruction Of Congress". Thanks you.
Refusing to turn over documents requested by Congress
Ordering members of the Executive Branch to defy Congressional requests and Congressional subpoenas to testify before the Intelligence and Judicial Committees

Worth noting is members of Congress are elected by the actual numerical majority of voters in their districts. Not like POTUS who can be elected by a minority of voters through the mechanism of the Electoral College.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Ordering members of the Executive Branch to defy Congressional requests and Congressional subpoenas to testify before the Intelligence and Judicial Committees

Worth noting is members of Congress are elected by the actual numerical majority of voters in their districts. Not like POTUS who can be elected by a minority of voters through the mechanism of the Electoral College.
So pathetic that you're still whining about the electoral college.

PS: The legislative branch does not have unlimited powers to make demands of the executive branch.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Copy/paste from Schiff's report:

At President Trump’s direction, twelve current or former Administration officials refused to testify as part of the House’s impeachment inquiry, ten of whom did so in defiance of duly authorized subpoenas: • Mick Mulvaney, Acting White House Chief of Staff
• Robert B. Blair, Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor to the Chief of Staff
• Ambassador John Bolton, Former National Security Advisor
• John A. Eisenberg, Deputy Counsel to the President for National Security Affairs and Legal Advisor, National Security Council
• Michael Ellis, Senior Associate Counsel to the President and Deputy Legal Advisor, National Security Council
• Preston Wells Griffith, Senior Director for International Energy and Environment, National Security Council
• Dr. Charles M. Kupperman, Former Deputy Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, National Security Council
• Russell T. Vought, Acting Director, Office of Management and Budget
• Michael Duffey, Associate Director for National Security Programs, Office of Management and Budget
• Brian McCormack, Associate Director for Natural Resources, Energy, and Science, Office of Management and Budget
• T. Ulrich Brechbuhl, Counselor, Department of State
• Secretary Rick Perry, Department of Energy

These witnesses were warned that their refusal to testify “shall constitute evidence that may be used against you in a contempt proceeding” and “may be used as an adverse inference against you and the President.”
Let the courts sort that stuff out. The house does not have limitless power to make demands of the executive branch.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
So you
Usually an actual proven crime was already committed and verified.

This is impeachment in search of a crime.

Kind of like that 70's science show "In Search Of......."
So do you think trump didn't try to get volinski to announce an investigation of Biden by withholding aid and a meeting or it's not a crime?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Each individual congressperson was elected in their respective districts for reasons as varied as those districts. I do recall that word went out to Dems running in 18 to stfu about impeachment because it wasn’t polling well (except in certain liberal enclaves).

Does congress have the right to impeach?

Yes. Does the executive have the right to not cooperate and take whatever penalty congress can muster?

Yes.

I don’t like paying taxes and it’s perfectly ok for me not to do so. Thing is, it’s also perfectly ok for the feds to put me in jail for that.

I don’t want to go to jail so I pay.

I’ve been saying all along that if the Dems want to impeach they should. I would have some respect for them (although I disagree) if they do it.

They still haven’t drawn up articles of impeachment though.

So your gripe is that you don’t think congress should impeach. But you’re not willing to defend Trumbys abuses of power.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

This.

congress has the power and the authority to subpoena a president. That’s, according to the constitution and 200-something years of jurisprudence say so.