MLB Official thread 2020

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
anyone else ready to buy a stros jersey? it's getting to the point that i'd rather be a fan of the cheaters than the crybabys. not to quote a league of their own, but...
No, but I agree the whining has become excessive. Especially when Lebron joined in. I would have preferred the players kept their mouths shut and then quietly start plunking members of 2017-2018 Astros throughout the season

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The Yankees still have that other high priced guy who'll probably miss the season.

Throw at:

1. Red Sox
2. Astros
3. Astros fans
4. LeBlab
5. The white frat boy FSU dresses up and puts on the pony to do the gay spear thing before football games. Throw at FSU until they get a real injun.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I don't want to see any of them hurt badly. But I want all the joy of the game taken from them. I want them to dread taking the field whenever they're on the road. Every time they step in the on-deck circle they should be looking over their shoulder's in fear of overpriced beer being hurled their way. Getting kicked out of a game for that would be worth the price of admission. Every lead-off batter should be brushed back off their feet. Make it a ritual forcing Dusty to change his lineup daily for self-preservation. Batters get hit for dumb sh!t like bat-flips, slow-trots and admiring their homers from the box, this is much worse. Every opposing pitcher should take offense. Manfred declined to punish the players for an offense that their investigation labeled as "player-driven" and he left it up to us the fans and opposing players to deliver justice. Hopefully it's a very long season for the Asterisks and their fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: laidback

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
whiel i have nothign against the stros (show me a team without someone jacking signs and without someone juicing in some way), i love agood old fashioned blow back war.
I find the PED thing to be an apples to oranges comparison. No team has ever been busted with a PED program that was systemic. Only individuals have been busted, and unlike this current scandal they have been punished. This system of cheating was player orchestrated with the full knowledge of their organization. Not just in the clubhouse but the front office. And not a single player has been punished for it. To date 1 player has received a lifetime ban for PEDs, 4 players have received full season (162 game) suspensions without pay and 43 players have received 50-100 game suspensions without pay. PED enforcement will always be a cat & mouse game with the league always being two steps behind the players but the league is in fact enforcing it. This however was systemic and not a single player was punished. That is the difference.

And FWIW old school sign stealing is part of the game. Watching pitch sequences and looking for tipped pitches and passing signs from baserunners will always be part of the game. It's why we have signs.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I find the PED thing to be an apples to oranges comparison. No team has ever been busted with a PED program that was systemic. Only individuals have been busted, and unlike this current scandal they have been punished. This system of cheating was player orchestrated with the full knowledge of their organization. Not just in the clubhouse but the front office. And not a single player has been punished for it. To date 1 player has received a lifetime ban for PEDs, 4 players have received full season (162 game) suspensions without pay and 43 players have received 50-100 game suspensions without pay. PED enforcement will always be a cat & mouse game with the league always being two steps behind the players but the league is in fact enforcing it. This however was systemic and not a single player was punished. That is the difference.

And FWIW old school sign stealing is part of the game. Watching pitch sequences and looking for tipped pitches and passing signs from baserunners will always be part of the game. It's why we have signs.
The numbers don’t lie

PEDs were not causing below-Mendoza averages on the road with .500 averages at home