Mental Health thread

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I've been doing the same thing. Late afternoon and my house is blazing hot. I don't have A/C. I've found a cold shower for 5 minutes really helps take the edge off and clears my mind. I'll sit in the cold shower playing some music until I cool off. I feel so much better once I climb out.
Im stoked on the shitty little pool we got here at my building. it stays in the shade most of the day and the temp is a bit chilly at first. Wait for it to heatup, go for a dip - repeat as needed.

Reactions: racer1

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
like the ad to the right: #alonetogether

Being in the ad biz, i can say with authority that the ad can fcuk right off along with the universe
What are you talking about?
like in your browser?

so, with digital ads, like, we all see targeted ads, not the same ads
so we don’t know what ad you’re talking about
and some of us, like me, don’t see ads because we use duck duck go instead of chrome
but even if I used chrome , which I just checked, i’m seeing an ad for wgu, which, I guess is some online university or something like that, based on my browser history and cookies and stuff
its so modern, this digital ad market

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
like the ad to the right: #alonetogether

Being in the ad biz, i can say with authority that the ad can fcuk right off along with the universe
ABC can fuck right off too. “We’re in this together”. “Thank you front line workers”. Fuck right off to hell.

Reactions: stringcheese

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
What are you talking about?
like in your browser?

so, with digital ads, like, we all see targeted ads, not the same ads
so we don’t know what ad you’re talking about
and some of us, like me, don’t see ads because we use duck duck go instead of chrome
but even if I used chrome , which I just checked, i’m seeing an ad for wgu, which, I guess is some online university or something like that, based on my browser history and cookies and stuff
its so modern, this digital ad market
This can be turned off.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
man, everyone is losing it. Just had a 2 hour talk on a dock with a dear old friend. His wife of several years (I was the best man at their wedding), a golden haired angel of a young woman, beautiful inside and out, has become a full blown alcoholic, complete with hiding bottles, getting drunk every afternoon, 3 year old son in the mix, even a couple episodes of her driving drunk with the kid in car (he has since confiscated the keys)...it’s awful. I tried to share what it’s like being a drunk and how powerful it is, how she has to WANT it, can’t force a drunk to get sober etc, told him to join an al anon zoom group stat. Ugh

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
man, everyone is losing it. Just had a 2 hour talk on a dock with a dear old friend. His wife of several years (I was the best man at their wedding), a golden haired angel of a young woman, beautiful inside and out, has become a full blown alcoholic, complete with hiding bottles, getting drunk every afternoon, 3 year old son in the mix, even a couple episodes of her driving drunk with the kid in car (he has since confiscated the keys)...it’s awful. I tried to share what it’s like being a drunk and how powerful it is, how she has to WANT it, can’t force a drunk to get sober etc, told him to join an al anon zoom group stat. Ugh
Jeezus

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yup, popped out to the east end for a change of scenery, R and R, see my old friends etc., got a nice air BnB with a pool, deep in the woods near my old house that we lived in through the 90s, and spent the first night on long wharf with my bro talking about his Wife’s warp speed descent into full blown alcoholism.

what’s your mantra for 2020? Lowered expectation? I concede

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Yup, popped out to the east end for a change of scenery, R and R, see my old friends etc., got a nice air BnB with a pool, deep in the woods near my old house that we lived in through the 90s, and spent the first night on long wharf with my bro talking about his Wife’s warp speed descent into full blown alcoholism.

what’s your mantra for 2020? Lowered expectation? I concede
lowered expectations
yeah,that’s my 2020 mantra
its been my mantra for decades
and probably will be for decades more
if i was planning on having a gravestone, that May have been part of the engravings
it‘s One of the keys to happiness
but that 3 year old deserves better. Lowered expectations doesn’t apply.
i hope your friend can protect that kid

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
First words out of his mouth once he opened up. I gotta protect Q

PS. He texted me last night late. Said “glad I got home when I did. Wife was hammered trying to get Q to bed. Found a bottle wrapped in paper towels in the basement fridge veggie drawer.“