Mental Health thread

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Made it two days (again) without smoking pot and feel great (again).
This time I'm sleeping though. Paddling out even if there are no waves, and learning that I may need to turn off the giant LCD tv playing "parks and rec" in order to sleep when not incapacitated by kush. I'm having dreams again, that's fun.
32 years old and still learning how to behave day in and day out. Clearly no military man.
Surf the demons away....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Very similar to a quote my kids are sick of me repeating
Luck favors the well-prepared

Thanks for that link, doof. I don’t think I’ve seen that site before
we should start a new thread...

*OFFICIAL* Dad Sayings Thread

I love this type of sh!t

FAILURE TO PREPARE IS PREPARING TO FAIL!

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish and rts265

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Word. I could fill page just from the Vietnam stories he told us growing up

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Brah you ok? Those last two posts were a bit incoherent. The erbb is here to help.

As for myself. I was in the habit of drinking a Guinness a day after work. Sometimes followed up with an Elephant brewskie. Nothing that would be considered unhealthy and I sure looked forward to that beer. But it’s like all or nothing for me. Either I drink that beer everyday or not.

So I stopped with that. No more beer or rum drinks or any alcohol. Feels good just to have that discipline. Same with the foods I eat. No junk, no meat, except for locally caught fish. Keep it clean.

I haven’t given up my love affair with a certain plant with wonderful medicinal properties however.

Overall my headspace is good. Had a falling out with my mom though. That was rough. Gonna be awhile until that relationship gets restored. But it’s brought me and my dad closer together which is great. He’s like, man now you realize the challenges I dealt with when I was married to your mom.

I’m just trying to live in the present. Don’t dwell on the past and don’t worry too much about the future. Take a moment to appreciate a cool breeze, a green hillside, a moment with a loved one. Show love, express gratitude.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Been watching old Stern show clips on Youtube has been helping my mental health.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The past couple weeks, around 3-4pm it gets hot in my house. So I go in the backyard and take a hose shower with my board shorts on. Then I put the ipad up on a table in the shade and toggle between MLB games (whichever game is most interesting or if Kolten Wong is batting) and sit on a lawn chair in the shade - air drying and watching some baseball. Maybe doze off for a half inning. Have an ice water with me. Maybe pee my pants and then hose shower again before going back inside.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I've been doing the same thing. Late afternoon and my house is blazing hot. I don't have A/C. I've found a cold shower for 5 minutes really helps take the edge off and clears my mind. I'll sit in the cold shower playing some music until I cool off. I feel so much better once I climb out.

Reactions: CutnSnip