Mental Health thread

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Chaotic - check
Mess - check
Beautiful- not so much.

Cannot for the life of me wrap my brain around the disturbing fact that my life has basically become waiting for my mom to die.

Caring for an elderly parent is tough,
When they have mobility issues tougher still;
Add to that your own screwed up neck/back issues,
Plus that she weighs more than me?

Chit storm ensues.

If at least she were a pleasant loving grateful being, but naaaaaaah!

Mommy fucking DEAREST!

:socrazy::socrazy::socrazy:

Pretty sure this is at the root of my skin issues, which have now turned to full blown Lupus Erithamotosis all due to stress and lack of sleep basically.

IRL I am normally pretty stoic about it all, just trying to take it one day at a time, and maintain my marriage somewhat healthy with this demon in our household.

Thank goodness you started this thread @Subway for it has given me a place to whine, moan and complain.

Since it does absolutely no good IRL, at least someone in here might benefit thinking they don't have it so bad, or if they do, at least commiserate in a place where it hurts noone.

:socrazy::crazy2::toilet::poop::porcorn::porcorn::porcorn:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Chaotic - check
Mess - check
Beautiful- not so much.

Cannot for the life of me wrap my brain around the disturbing fact that my life has basically become waiting for my mom to die.

Caring for an elderly parent is tough,
When they have mobility issues tougher still;
Add to that your own screwed up neck/back issues,
Plus that she weighs more than me?

Chit storm ensues.

If at least she were a pleasant loving grateful being, but naaaaaaah!

Mommy fucking DEAREST!

:socrazy::socrazy::socrazy:

Pretty sure this is at the root of my skin issues, which have now turned to full blown Lupus Erithamotosis all due to stress and lack of sleep basically.

IRL I am normally pretty stoic about it all, just trying to take it one day at a time, and maintain my marriage somewhat healthy with this demon in our household.

Thank goodness you started this thread @Subway for it has given me a place to whine, moan and complain.

Since it does absolutely no good IRL, at least someone in here might benefit thinking they don't have it so bad, or if they do, at least commiserate in a place where it hurts noone.

:socrazy::crazy2::toilet::poop::porcorn::porcorn::porcorn:
That is exactly why I started this thread nearly 3 years ago now. Real life? We just have to man up and take care of sh!t and make it look easy.

shrinks are helpful/ I actually think I scored a robin Williams in good will hunting type. Like, he read me from the get go, and let me take my time, and has been a great source of reassurance, reality, and life wisdom. But many are not.

hence: the mental health thread :)

here We need hold nothing back (and yes, I will even apologize for picking on @GromsDad just to expel my own angst. And he took it like the beautiful masochistic lunatic that he is.) There is a place for NEARLY everyone here, and all joking aside, I assume 99% of us share the wonderful and mentally taxing reality of being surf addicts. That needs a group program in its own right and we have one right here

. Surfing is the most magical and frustrating and time/money/brain consuming “passion” that I can think of (not counting Saudi oil shieks who need 35 little boys to get their kicks, no offense)

Reactions: Boneroni

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Nah I am still an arrogant asshole. Being one is my superpower!

Wifey likes it when I try to be humble and nice, even though she knows I am by nature a prick.
All women love this...your last sentence - as long as you can make them feel safe in public while being said prick.

Reactions: Subway

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
If you really do surf (i hate the term surfer) - yes you are an addict in some ways. Never will the other person(s) know the feeling of nothing into chasing waves, scoring, and being insanely happy...rinse repeat - Balance is key, but living at the median straight sucks.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
doing al anon now - yes ironic considering my pirate tendencies but helping me with coping mechanisms dealing w junkies i am in charge of
funny in bali at meeting 20 ladies and me - would do 15
life gets interesting - take care of your head
nice!

i have a good friend who is big time AA for like 25 years now and we talk a lot about the program and the work he does to help new guys through the program

i keep thinking "damn i should do the steps to take my life to the next level " but whenever i run that by my buddy he's like "STFU ya fucking retard.... you're not an alcoholic. you don't need all that bullshit"

i think he's wrong. seems to me like some sort of normies anonymous program would be pretty worthwhile for anyone who is looking for more of the energy/power that we need to make the good stuff happen in life.

:shrug:

Last edited:
Reactions: Boneroni and mundus

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
i will tell him that the next time we talk

he will probably laugh and say "i know. i suck."

:roflmao:
AA as in life, is all about finding a positive community of likeminded people who support oneself. I will admit that I don't partake anymore (booze), but we are all looking for the same thing - natural acceptance. For him to just denounce your feelings bc you didnt drink is not gnarly ;)

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
AA as in life, is all about finding a positive community of likeminded people who support oneself. I will admit that I don't partake anymore (booze), but we are all looking for the same thing - natural acceptance. For him to just denounce your feelings bc you didnt drink is not gnarly ;)

Sure.
And AA is for alcoholics.

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
doing al anon now - yes ironic considering my pirate tendencies but helping me with coping mechanisms dealing w junkies i am in charge of
funny in bali at meeting 20 ladies and me - would do 15
life gets interesting - take care of your head
i went to al anon for a few years and ended up "13th steppin" with a few of the hotter attendees
it's fun unless it's a meeting you like and have to avoid once the bangin is done

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink