Mental Health thread

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I'm not doing well right now. Still grieving my dad. Now my wife of 16 years is telling me that she feels like our relationship has run its course. We've both separately signed up for EAP through her company. It's been a long haul. We've put each other through a lot. It feels like we're more like brother and sister or roommates than husband and wife. No romance. Alcohol is involved. I don't drink every day. Maybe a 2-3 days per week. I try to keep it to two beers. It frequently turns into 4-6. Then I'll have a couple puffs off the vape pen and then I'm not really there anymore. She hates it. I don't blame her. There's so much to the story. I don't know if any of it matters now. I think it has a life of its own and I'm basically along for the ride. There are a lot of things I wouldn't miss if we split. At the same time said:
WARNING. IVE BEEN WORKING AND COMING BACK TO THIS ONE POST FOR 24 hours. It’s long and epic AF but it really is my normal daily posting, I just didn’t have time to ever finish; let alone click post. And I type so damn fast I have to edit. And the below is the result. That’s an insight and line of thought in its own right. And yes we are ALL this self absorbed. I just enjoy being as ruthless with myself as I can bear. My shrink nailed that. My verbosity of tongue and pen is both a gift and an outlet and also quite nuts and worthy of documenting.

anyway you have been warned. It’s probably 2 entire chapters of a decent but not overly long memoir. The journaling method as it is aptly named.

here goes.

i banned myself for 18 hours (24 now really) so I could unwind from all the mental health work we have all been doing. This is what I came back to. A story so similar to mine and yet the exact opposite result (so far- this post and this trip may change all of that.

And my heart aches for you homie. But you will ALWAYS be fine even when it all goes to sh!t because YOU have you, (and us too, as weird as THAT sounds) and you’re a rock solid SOB

You’re no 10-ply degen, and anyone who has been on this forum more than a few weeks would agree (and speak up if you don’t agree/ I get to ban you). I hope the marriage works out because men tend to live longer whilst married. But, if it is done- I say “welcome to the rest of your incredibly blessed and full of surf and sex and naps and no whining noises from roommates/wives” life. I think you will thrive either way, but yes, even with that level of positivity, it’s a very challenging head space irregardless;). I’m in that boat too, just not quite as far down the river and open sea as you may or may not be. Life is never dull for us. For better or for worse.

I don’t know what is going to happen bud. Hell, my wife and I seem to have made it through last week’s “let’s get a divorce” chat, but, there is a slim chance she may move out while I’m in Mexico. I doubt it. But like, 94% sure is NOT 100.

but recent events with a certain young woman have demanded a voice in the script and I just now, the night before my flight to life affirming macking mainland point surf, along comes the ONE CANDIDATE worth of a second thought, let alone rushing it all.

And my wife, just a few days ago on the heels of our giant divorce fight. also mysteriously told me “if you need a fling with a young hottie since you have this whole new physical appearance and sexual energy/ I would give you one free, and not leave you”. I’m not even really paraphrasing too much. Just condensed the statement a bit. She didn’t even make a dramatic thing about it.She casually said if my brand new attractive self is screaming for even just a fling with one of the young women that flirt with me (even in front of my wife- chicks really are ruthless)

that statement alone is probably worth 5 threads of debate and forum members scratching heads.

oh and, not surprisingly, this is the young work hottie that just resigned last month and has had a very blatant crush on me for a year? She’s in Mexico as I type this and is planning a few days in huatuclo while we are there this coming weekend/week.

And my wife KNOW THIS and KNOWS THIS YOUNG WOMAN AND REALLY LIKES HER. She took care of our dogs and stayed in our home when we were on Eleuthera last month (seriously; what in the actual fuck do I have any right to complain about?) and my wife digs her whole vibe too. she’s 29, kind of “sexy tomboy rock and roll thing” and normally I want nothing to do with women under 30. Not aesthetically of course. That’s not the issue. But even the smartest girls are mostly as retarded as any other 20-something and they all can get off my lawn. I do in fact require some intellect and mental vigor to actually get my interest. And the young pretty women I DO meet with a brain? I respect and want to hear them talk and be impressed; with those rare wise young women, I really don’t sexualize them

. This girl is smart, sarcastic, she babbles like me, she has the same weird sense of humor, she knows and loves talking about weird random sh!t. shes not model hot but definitely a fine looking young woman and i LIKE that she is hot but not a 10. Makes her more Matthew and easier to be around.

Dark hair and deep eyes full of mischief and “I dare you to outcharm me” staring me right back in the face. We both know full well the amount of sexual tension between us and my wife does too. I have resisted and even discouraged it for the 18 months we sat next to each other in cube land.

and my wife, knowing this cauldron of 29 year old adventure and sex appeal is LITERALLY going to huatuclo to see me, my wife just happened to “casually” give me permission to have a brief affair to take my new sports car to the race track for a few nights.

A: she (the young woman) is genuinely taking a year off from work life to explore Mexico and the rest of Latin America and wants to see huatulco (she’s seen all the surf pics I have from last summers trip). It is not actually all about me for a change (hardy har) but she just broke up from a long distance romance with young Spaniard (2 year relationship/ far away but she has some money I think and is very well travele). And now she just wants to see and explore Latin American and has the means to do so. Look me in the eye and tell me you would not beat least intrigued by such a cool young woman, and the mystery of all the “white Lotus” chaos that I can make happen with no more than a taco and the discretion of my travel squad. Both of whom are memehers here hut will read aallllll Of This. But not until the trio is over cause neither of them post much or even come here. Not like any regulars but you all mostlyknow them or of them. They have a fri t row seat to this possible wild few nights of passion between two consenting adults in different life phases. This chick ain’t gold bricking or break homes. She comes from some money and is PLENTY smart and hot enough to have company on demand. Literally. Theses apps you guys get to use- it sounds like fish in a barrel if you have a 5% success rate lol

B: gets more intriguing. I’m not that naive though I can be when it comes to women and what they will ACTUALLY do, if they want someone something. And all my spider senses, for 18 months, have been triggered by this chick. She might say the right things about how much she respects and admires the marriage we have, and how reassuring it is to know there are in fact happily monogamous men. Hell she even charmed my wife to the extent my wife and I discussed seducing her into bed with both of us. No hyperbole. And very much still on the table (and in the spank bank)

There is a VERY loud voice in my head that screams “bulllshit- you want this and you don’t care (very much anyway) if “getting it” destroys a mostly awesome marriage in the process.

my wife may even be laying a trap, in her own naive way, hoping to get more from me in a divorce due to infidelity. But I’ve said it recently. I can always make more money but I have yet to learn how to make more time. She is Machiavellian enough, but probably not fast enough to execute such an intricate honey pot in a matter of days. If she is- I’m not worthy of her anyway and she should rule a small country already .

Either way- my wife knows the girl. Knows the girl has a serious crush on me. Knows the girl is ALREADY in Mexico. And knows the girl wants to and is “planning” to make it to HUX for a few days to see me and the boys do some surfing. In fact my wife and I (because I wasn’t going to let that funny potential meat up visit lead to accusations of infidelity) actually talked to her together about her trip just so we all know we all are cool. Full stop.

Ok. Chapter 56789 in the can. I need to shower, but a semi gun before luke closes fucking the shop, and fly to HUX tomorrow morning with my best friend who knows ALL of this and yet none of it. I will of course give the boys the truth if the matter if and when my little cutie shows up at Hux,, and I have obviously made no decisions whatsoever and even more likely it’s my imagination and adrenal glands firing on all cylinders going for choking to death to the best (potential) surf trip of my life in 7 day.

I think that’s worth journalling and again. I did in fact make a decision to just take a day or two to post ALLLLL of this at once and get it right and yes; make it fun. But that’s what we all want out of life and erBB is often a fuck load of FUN and of course @ElOgro i will keep you updated too

Future rich one hit wonder author- out

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
And the local shop (from which I am now, ok never mind now it’s a bench in the sun to edit this monster) had exactly the the Stock (!!!’) dim 6 4 ghost, which is literally THE Board, off the rack, most suited for my trip, the forecast size, and my strengths and weaknesses as a Middle Age lifelong short boarder who hasn’t surfed waves of consequence (or really much of anything worth writing about) since last fall.

I say had because that beautiful board is resting safely in my locked Jeep. Luke was so stocked on my (well managed but undeniably intense) that he walked it out for me. I’ve bought a dozen boards and soent well over1300 there at once, many times Iin 8 years. He just wanted to help.

his son, just for being rad, I had stashed an unopened quarter for him just because I’m stocked and only flying safely-- no flowers in the bag or bum

However and of course this confident and arrogant and competent and up the challenge as the next cube dweller yuppie prick, who has spent his ENTIRE life fat and drunk and shackled to a cube, can and will fucking charge it. Whether it is double Barra with 200 brazzos, or empty zxxxyyyZzzz. At 4x, on Ferrari of the surfing world with only his favorite person from San damn Diego whom most of you know and would agree (chime in for real) is the best a man could ask for in a travel partner.

that guy (ok even I am sick of the 3rd person bullshit) can ride a 6’4 gorgeous flawless off the rack Pyzel like it was built for me and me alone. Thanks homie

Probably means ignore the life altering and so agonizing decision about this chick. And just surf.

And if my wife does leave me, the other ones never get any older

did @Pyzelsurfboards save a marriage? Very possible however unlikely it would seem, anywhere but here :). I believe they call that terminal uniqueness and I’m cheerfully aware of the multiple meanings behind that. I’m literally using the forum as a psych experiment and a journal, right now, because people haveALWAYS TOLD ME YOU NEED TO WRITe THIS STUFF DOWN so I am. I even told my shrink I was planning this book mo the ahi and this was how it was going to get done. With my imaginary internet surf friends.

fukkin gonzo journalism. My mom actually called it (though to be faaaaairiiirirrrrr, she said war corespondent) I actually know what that feels like know. Even how it eventually drove the best ones to suicide. (Not a cry for help I literally comparing myself to HST or whoever else made a bunch of coin writing the weird shot that he thought and did, just as and how and why or any not any of it happened…

:)

i am going to buy every last little unsellable shirt Luke has/had in the attic and stuff my bag full of them and pack nothing else. I’ll let you all know how she (the trip, you Degens) goes.

chapter 20, 21 Canned.
Mental health: improved dramatically
“Climax and falling action” with which to tie it all up: deliciously undetermined
Best seller all but locked down
And some geek somehow made an app to do the heavy lifting.

see you on the various book tours and PR junkets. Surf themed, merry, self absorbed, honest and horribly self exposing win prizes and sh!t. I bet and AI and a few clicks can certainly make us wealthy.
I’ll even even outsource for 10% of initial year proceeds just to stay true to my roots

ok back to the shop, I’ve been writjng and stalling because we have houseguests too.

This literally helped me calm down, and took 15 minutes in the sun on the first true warm day on Long beach. on my shrinks counsel (of course he knows I have I countless imaginary internet friends he’s my shrink. Even my dogs know about you beautiful fools and they are all kinds of stupid and adorable.

Probably always known and been told a variety of of benign but real things, by titled professionals. over the years- but I probably would not bang the girl even if I knew my wife herself was cheating. The moral high ground is imperative with an ego like mine :)

or am I just covering my ass? : only friend 1 and friend 2 will know before you guys. I AM in fact, pathologically sensitive to dishonesty like Miles and Frasier Crane and it’s going to be 10-20 feet while I make such a delicious and life changing decision on the beaches of southern Mexico.

The only way I truly can lose is by dying now, croasing the busy Ave after spending another few hundred on tshirts for strangers that will never know from whence or why the appeared. I’ve already won, as a man might say….

fin
With proof of life, freedom; sanity, and sunny days in my face, and apparently in my future if I just keep breathing.

IMG_0293.jpeg

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Gods speed Subway! My mental health is far from perfect but at least no marital strife, that would probably send me over the edge.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
LoL.

I called it months ago...
a

i think at this point I need to caveat further:

posting will be even weirder for the next 8 days, far weirder than anything I’ve done to date, simply due to WiFi availability and the fact that I now have a full head of steam making a book out of this somehow, one day. That will mean a LOT of Long posts and even worse: rough drafts that may be somewhat legible, but beyond that will read like the true rantings of a true mad man. I may be true, and I am definitely ranting (for fun though, this is epic and a wonderful way to work through all sorts of issues) but I know I’m not mad. I’m not even a little Crazy. I may be crazy, but the lack of a a capital C was VERY ntentional.

I’m on the flight to mex right now, probably an hour left by the times these chapters are typed and edited

. And of course I paid the 10bucks for internet to update you guys. The crazy train left that station years ago, and nearly dying last week merely crystallized things in ways so exhilarinting and amazing and frightening, it might make a nest seller list some where.

BTW, EVEN THE Fucking butter is small batch and artisinal and grass fed on airplanes now. Thats how I cutely confirm that yes I did indeed spring for the $1800 R/T first class flight two months Ago. Because I am in fact true to my persona here, and that even sometimes works out. sometimes. That too, cold change dramatically ion just a couple of days, hours, minutes, hell the fucking lane could crash into the sierra madre or whatever they are called between the SE of US and Mex city. Sierra somethng. We probably won’t cash into them so I won’t worry about it

Hell of a deal for a hell of a trip. I would have paid double, just for the AMAZING real life conversation I just had with an upper middle class Mexican American woman nearly twice my age, who also could somehow understand exactly what I was both talking about, and what I needed to hear and LISTEN TO as well. Were i catholic, she Would be an angel sent to tell me I’m on the right path and it would mean all of the paths I am currently riding are good and right and natural and I can die with a clean conscienc. But I did NOT mention the 29 year old (I need a fictional name for her and I will have one before the second flight

If I were religious (and if I get jet rich from this memoir novel thing I may become all religions) I’d say the week has been one miracle every 10 Seconds, as well as the last 10 gajillion years; or whatever the Zoroastrians believe. Their sh!t, from what very little I know, always seemed just not too preoccupied with ANY of the noise and they are happiest for it. How else did Freddy Mercury burn so brightly and die so sadly all the while being a gay man belting out hits every straight bigoted asshole can sing right along with. The Zoros may be on to somethng. I know Freddie got aids, but we all gotta die, and he died from too much fucking fame and fortune full stop. AIDS was just bad luck and timing Which the universe willl always supply for free

I HOPE I live and die like freddy. Just, uh, I think male bodies and pepis and assholes and pretty much everything is gross. Even my own body and junk which I am VERY proud of right now. But I digress. I do love watching handsome men with huge good looking junk enjoying themselves with equally beautiful and enthusiastic paid female partners. But im not alone there.

I’m literally donating to a fucking chucrch in a couple days and I am a staunch atheist in ANY form of “organized religion. But that’s the best selling follow up. My neighbor in first class is one hell of a multi cultural grandmother- just like my ear surgeon (different backgrounds notwithstanding) the kind who restores my faith that maybe 3% of humans are awake and actually are worthwhile of anyone’s time, instead of 2.99999999999999000 %

homegirl, not wife, just texted overnight, with her goddamn itinerary, and gets to hux on Wednesday, and other than bizarre and highly illegal actions, I can’t stop her. I was packed locked and loaded and I and forgot my passport. Best packing and prepping job for possibly the best surf trip of my life,band I forgot the most important thing,

I can make a surf trip happen with a pair of trunks and just one of my credit cards…but none of that happens abroad without a passport. And this chick nearly screwed that up she is so deep inside my head right now. And brothersknit is NOT rent free in there. my brain has expensive needs and desires that have mostly all been scratched. All except one, that’s money cannot even buy, and that is young eager willing craving young female roughhousing with a brand new hard body for both of us to enjoy, both hers and mine will n another goddamn country. Even the most puritanical and hypocritical pricks (british royal naval officers of the 16-18 centuries) all proclaimed there are ONLY bachelors east of the Rock. And I’m far past that rock already, geographically speaking

It of course gets better. An author keeps his audience tuning pages right? and that nearly stalled my trip but Wife saved the day and maybe killed/saved the marriage too, and none If us will really know until Wednesday night View attachment 155010

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: wedge2

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
oh and I will repeat and or delete entire paragraphs, like I’m doing now, , and some may be wrong, classless, awful, LIES even, whatever, but that’s merely because editing on on iPad is just not my forte, and sometimes I intentionally write awful things about people, myself most often, , and will delete the entire thing, feeling a little better for having written and deleted that awful and spiteful (or beauftulf); paragraph. You guys ARE GOING to see that, so forgive me in advance and even put me on ignore, and perhaps ask a sane member of the forum to let you know when that nutcase is done with his self congratulatory public masturbation on a surfer forum. Good luck finding a sane member. Also, just by creating a handle, you made a conscious decision to spank it in public too.

It took me this many years to figure out ”hey, this would actually be an awesome place to air out your sh!t, get feedback, ignore the crap or whatever you really want, and maybe help a few guys in crisis while totally humiliating yourself in the process. The Zoros know, I need humility even more than sanity

i slo just realized how people DO some of their best work in first class. You have no choice, after a few minutes of polite conversation, to just eat the gummies, out on the big fancy cans, and get writing…I bet our favorite (and probably WAY more famous than even I’m aware of) screen write pr might agree. He probably also stopped reading this drivel pages and ages ago

I had a GREAT selfie on the last post from first class of course, but I accidentally deleted it. Might replace it, might not,, the pho int itself is on my phone which I dont feel like turning on and dealing with. I already have 100 other pic from the last 6 hours that would provide a delightful little multi media touch. And of course, this entire thing is going to be photographed from 3 photographers one of whom, like I’ve mentioned, packed his drone :)

Might even still be there, along with 12 other paragraphs I just haven’t checked yet. There are a lot of unknowns, writing a book this way. And I do promise to take it offline right after Mexico, of course. I can’t keep up with myself let alone trying to edit and post and keep track of it all without repairing myself more than I already do. I need to be able to see all 300 pages at once to truly edit and finish this. and I want 300 pages by Labor Day bitches.

ok, an hour left to mex city. Time to eat a few more gummies and prepare to not be a freak for my homies

…my favorite new spirit grandma, once I explained that “cannabis” just meant pot, thought pot candy sounded amazing, and obviously I agree. I then gave her the 2 minute history of cannabis in my journey. She already knows, in that same casual and concise 2 minutes, about my years off the bottle and what’s that’s been like. She asked ME about it, once I casually mentioned that I don‘t drink any more And only now use cannabis. I even told her I’ve tried other prescription meds with mostly DISASTROUS results, and that simple talking, and journaling, and the herb, are very, VERY good, at keeping me from even wanting a drink, let alone taking one. it’s just good for a brain like me, just like shrinks have been telling me since I was 12

yes, I let stranger in, IRL, just like I do here.

see you guys probably Sometime soon-ish. Might be an hour, might be never, or anywhere in between. I gotta **** before final descent

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
No matter what wifey says there are no free passes....if you want done with her then go for it. If you want to stay in the marriage dont do it....tell your lady you love her and recommit. If you are not sure then dont do it, you probably want the ice cream without having to pay for it, and will be throwing away a big part of your life for 5 minutes of pleasure lol.

Surfwise I have some pals in the puntaconejo region right now and they are scoring their brains out...get ready for some good good waves. Am super stoked youre going to get some and have the right boards to do so. IMO stop posting for a bit, step away from the keyboard and just surf.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Same boat as truth wtf is going on here !??
As far as I can tell, he went off his meds a week ago. This coincided with Mrs Subway telling him he could bang some young strange while he was in Mexico and him choking his chicken in front of her. He then went on to plan his divorce/post divorce life while buying new surfboards for the trip along with declaring it’s ok if he dies surfing in Mexico and that he’s the reincarnation of Hunter Thompson. His last post he was on the plane to mex stuffing his face with thc gummies while posting something about how he told his grandmother weed was his spirit animal???

Last edited: