Kyle Rittenhouse - The Truth in 11 Minutes

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
I don’t disagree about to availability of firearms. However I do believe that being able to defend yourself is a fundamental right, and that the burden of proof is on the law to prove that it was not. Which is exactly what happened.

To conflate that with having a desire to still have slavery is 100% libtardation.
So you agree that it's an unjust law stuck in the stone ages and needs to be rexamined...that's my point, not comparing slavery to some 19 year old gravy seal and how you feel about the situation. I'm not saying what he did was technically illegal but current laws need to be re-examined so it doesn't keep happening again, and again, and again, and again (see young white males shooting up public places).

Reactions: Woke AF and kidfury

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
So you agree that it's an unjust law stuck in the stone ages and needs to be rexamined...that's my point, not comparing slavery to some 19 year old gravy seal and how you feel about the situation.
Why is it stuck in the stone ages?..........................and for the love of G*d, of all the ways you or anyone else is likely to become prematurely dead, why the GUN fixation.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You seem to be making an argument for charging Rottenhouse with reckless endangerment or manslaughter.
Had the DA gone for that I could potentially agree. If what he did had fit the legal definition as it’s written in that state then yes, I could declare that guilty.

However, the DA took a risk and went for Murder because he wanted a high profile win with culture war and bill of rights aspects and implications. Once he/they decided on that, their case has to fit the stricter legal definition of that crime as it is written, and they must remove every shred of reasonable doubt in 12 jurors. Given the videos, most reasonable people would have a hard time being 90%+ convinced that KR intended to kill those 2. There is no scaling back from Murder to manslaughter mid way thru unless the defendant agrees to it.

These are the trade offs to live in a country where you are considered innocent until proven guilty. You sacrifice getting the guilty charge in complicated cases such as this in order to protect more people who are innocent.

If someone like Huber came at you with a skateboard would you kill them?
I would use the most effective means of force to defend myself and if he ended up dead, so be it.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So you agree that it's an unjust law stuck in the stone ages and needs to be rexamined...that's my point, not comparing slavery to some 19 year old gravy seal and how you feel about the situation. I'm not saying what he did was technically illegal but current laws need to be re-examined so it doesn't keep happening again, and again, and again, and again (see young white males shooting up public places).
Having some version of the 2nd amendment is something I will always support. However I disagree with how easy it is to obtain firearms in many states.

Reactions: wedge2

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
because he had a gun
That's a fairly irrational action. Not to mention really fvcking stupid. It is true that skateboards have been used to murder/main people a number of times, but taking one on purpose to a gunfight? :crazy2:

Reactions: grapedrink

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, I own a glock for home protection and rifles for hunting...I am all for the second amendment. It needs to be re-examined FEDERALLY based on the changes in our society and the cause/effect it has been having in the last 20 years.

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
That's a fairly irrational action. Not to mention really fvcking stupid. It is true that skateboards have been used to murder/main people a number of times, but taking one on purpose to a gunfight? :crazy2:
Yes, everything is not always black and white...much like this case

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Yeah, I own a glock for home protection and rifles for hunting...I am all for the second amendment. It needs to be re-examined FEDERALLY based on the changes in our society and the cause/effect it has been having in the last 20 years.
What changes in society would you be speaking of?

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Should we throttle your non-essential food intake because of the obesity epidemic?
People's food intake hasn't caused the unnecessary murder of thousands of innocent American citizens by other citizens. It's a choice...Critical thinking is hard for you isn't it?

Reactions: mundus and nimby

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Focus on the war on men first, don’t infringe our rights ever

maybe we should cut out freedom of speech and the press too? That’s dangerous

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
These are the trade offs to live in a country where you are considered innocent until proven guilty. You sacrifice getting the guilty charge in complicated cases such as this in order to protect more people who are innocent.
Could you rephrase that for better clarity?

I would use the most effective means of force to defend myself and if he ended up dead, so be it.
An AR-15 would be highly effective, even in the hands of an untrained fool, turns out. So you would have done the same as a fool did. Not surprising.

I would never have gone to an event like that waiving around an AR-15. Why?

1) I have no training in security or firearms and nothing (a uniform or whatever) would signify that I did.​
2) I care more about human life than property.​
3) I’m an idiot, but not a COMPLETE idiot.​

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot