If you left California, where would you move?

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Ash Grove Missouri is calling my name.

Awe F' Shore.. I'm coming your way buddy. Get ready! :shaka:
OK Keen....gotta ask why Ash Grove?
I know Springfield area fairly well...
Old time family spread all over the place back there...
Near Jenkins just up the road from Leann....Hobson Hollow...
Great grandmothers old home barely standing at the farm road junction...FR1215 & FR 2080.
Triple great grandfathers place on other side of the family just down the road from that...
Hillbilly country...

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
fcuk no.

hardly ever see any Americans here though.

used to be a steady stream passing through, rare as hens teeth now.

it's all Brazilians and euro-kooks.
My wife and kids would move to Australia in a heartbeat. Done. But it ain’t easy, especially if you’re over 45. I keep telling my son to go there when he finishes school. STEM degree, healthy, single, he ticks all the boxes. @freeride76 your area is great.

Good friend’s dad just retired to Panama, he loves it.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
how old is your kid? get him over there (or wherever...) to check it out as soon as he’s able. life gets more complicated every year that goes by (as i’m sure you know!).

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Probably end up in South of England at my parents home, Give my house here to whichever kid is kicking the most ass at life. Motivate them a bit hahahaha

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I love these kind of threads. It makes me appreciate where I live. It also opens my eyes to other epic places I never thought of.

Shiver, you seem to be doing it right!

Can we talk about Azores some more, they are really intriguing to me. Also, perhaps not for relocation but Japan really has captured my imagination lately. I am pretty fascinated by their culture. Never been there though. Seems like some of the outer islands could be pretty awesome. If only they would stop hunting cetaceans.

I hear great things about Columbia and Ecuador. Autprax, I would think Columbia would be top on your list. Drugs, beautiful loose women, and anything from high altitude alp type climate to ultra tropical. Plus its cheap!
go to japan. now.

do not hesitate.

it will change you.

Columbia is on my list of places to travel. we have a really good friend from Cartagena with family still there.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Good friend just moved from SC to New Zealand! he seems pretty stocked , already posting empty lineup shots. Although this last run of swell made him miss home hahah

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
I don't see myself selling. But I am glad to see my out of state spot has not been mentioned here.

One day I spun a globe and randomly threw my finger down, then google mapped it. Google must have caught a swell. Waves. Long and nearly empty. It's somewhat fickle and freezing cold when best waves hit in the winter, but i've been fantasizing about it since. Fishing seems epic too. I need to go visit for an extended trip, but it turns out the wife can get us dual citizenship. I am not sure I can handle the cold and snow getting older but it's good to have a dream.
North Atlantic or Alaska?

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Thanks Tang. From you IG it looks like you have a pretty sweet setup. :shaka:

Azores look amazing. La Vagabond on YouTube has been there for a month or more, they're touring all the islands.

What about Bermuda? Seems like there would always be waves there.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Probably end up in South of England at my parents home, Give my house here to whichever kid is kicking the most ass at life. Motivate them a bit hahahaha
If weather is not important, Cornwall seems nice rural coastal living plus decent surf and fishing.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I think Bermuda is blocked by some reefs or something. I remember reading that it's not as good as one would think based on its location. There are lots of insurance jobs.