I watched the Ma'Khia shooting

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
This is unfortunate but not the hill for BLM to die on.

I’ll stop short of calling the cop a hero because that implies that lethal force was the only solution. And I don’t think we should ever celebrate the death a 15yr old. But from what I’ve seen of the video there isn’t much to protest.
that's a big 10-4. but i've often wondered why technology has not brought us an alternative way to incapacitate someone instantly, to shut down motor functions in a person from a distance as definitively as getting shot, without destroying tissue. don't know a lot about tazers but assume they don't have the stopping power of a bullet. have no problem with people getting shot who deserve it btw, just wondering why 400 y/o tech is the best LEO can do?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
that's a big 10-4. but i've often wondered why technology has not brought us an alternative way to incapacitate someone instantly, to shut down motor functions in a person from a distance as definitively as getting shot, without destroying tissue. don't know a lot about tazers but assume they don't have the stopping power of a bullet. have no problem with people getting shot who deserve it btw, just wondering why 400 y/o tech is the best LEO can do?
The greatest minds in America are busy discussing racism. When racism no longer exists maybe they’ll find the time to put that intelligence to work. Until then, don’t be that guy/gal/whatever.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The
no kidding. but she's spouting nonsense and don't see that she speaks for anyone but herself.
i agree that she’s not speaking for everyone on the left. Problem is that very few on the left are checking these people who say this nonsense, and when they do they are called racist.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The

i agree that she’s not speaking for everyone on the left. Problem is that very few on the left are checking these people who say this nonsense, and when they do they are called racist.
Leave it to the cops to get in the way of a perfectly good gang fight:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

Tazer has had mixed results. Same with shotgunning people with bean-bags/rubber bullets, and mace/pepper spray.

Anyway, did all bullets hit the young woman with the knife? Not greatest video resolution, but I didn't see windows break or holes in car doors or the woman in pink. Seems a lot of times, bullets go every which way...but not in this case?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Tazer has had mixed results. Same with shotgunning people with bean-bags/rubber bullets, and mace/pepper spray.

Anyway, did all bullets hit the young woman with the knife? Not greatest video resolution, but I didn't see windows break or holes in car doors or the woman in pink. Seems a lot of times, bullets go every which way...but not in this case?
Ex military. You learn to shoot better when you anticipate being shot at on the regular.

Reactions: redrider

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Devil’s Advocate: It happened in a “stand your ground” state. I don’t know the details and the girl who was shot appeared to be the aggressor, cops were on scene so she should have stood down, but wouldn’t the laws muddy things if knife girl was “defending her property”?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
to be fair, when moments matter the police were down yh

tell us again how moar guns is a good thing?
I can’t figure out what part of my posts that you quoted would lead you to ask that question.

I’ll answer anyway. More guns there would not be a good thing. Guns there have a way of finding their way here where with just the guns criminals from the USA have already sent we’ve averaged 30k plus organized crime murders per year. Most by guns but edged weapons are also popular. So it follows that if there were more guns up there then there would be more guns here and more gun related shootings.

I haven’t heard of any helicopters being shot down with .50 caliber guns up there but it’s not unheard of here. How would someone go about obtaining a firearm like that up there?

The latest here is the CJNG is arming drones with bombs made of Semtex and ball bearings and attacking the law with them. Death from above.

So no, I don’t think more guns is a good thing.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

that struck me as well - looked like he put them all right in the ten ring. from the comfort and safety of behind my keyboard, it appears the cop was remarkably composed in an explosive situation.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Last edited:

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
This is why I say we are headed toward the race war.

Dumb whitey says the presidential election was stolen.

Dumb blacks say you can't shoot knife welding black teenagers.

As tom petty says, I can't decide which is worse.

I don't wish to participate in this race war.
I picked the wrong cultural revolution to stop drinking.