I appreciate you

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I can’t get used to this phrase
i like the sentiment a lot, but I can’t get myself to say that instead of either “thank you”, or “I appreciate that”

I just heard mahomes say it
are you all saying “I appreciate you”?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
i like the sentiment a lot, but I can’t get myself to say that instead of either “thank you”, or “I appreciate that”

That's what I feel about "people of color".

It's just another way of saying "colored people."

Reminds me of backwardass grandads from WWI/WW2 era.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
All the children that I work with say that sh!t...they use it as a replacement for thanks...grates on me a bit.

• Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling real well, does anyone ever say to you, "Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?"
  • Lawrence: No. No, man. sh!t, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Reactions: sussle and hammies

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Ye3eesszss I feel you bruh. Caught myself saying in one time and was so disappointed. Took away my tictoc and changing poncho.

buttholesurfer

Duke status
Dec 20, 2002
RatBeach

This is the worst one!Have good one,You just want too kill some Lol!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
In Spanish “te aprecio”. It shows personal appreciation in a relationship.

Reactions: Chocki

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I've heard it a lot in the past few years, and have only ever heard it in Los Angeles. Was in the Bay Area 15 years and never heard it. I'll say I appreciate your time, attention, whatever, but it's really difficult for me to say "I appreciate you." It definitely feels more personal, to me, on the receiving end.

Yes it is because of the bad habits of english language dialect inflection tone familial of language translation and accent we must form and define a new language or become a species of pure thought......
We are all just remixing the dictionary lol
Words can become like bullets its why we call it spelling
We cast spells with our words play nicely xx