I appreciate you

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
just another thing kids say these days.

i was caught off guard the first time but quickly realized it was just their version of ”thanks”.

Reactions: oeste858

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
If you work for somebody for a long time it's good to hear that you are appreciated.

If you work for somebody for 30 seconds making them a latte, it's kind of stupid.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I have said it retail workers who have to deal with the worst of humanity.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
the sentiment makes sense
but if I were to say “I appreciate you”, i think i might not be able to say it with a straight face
and i wonder if it will make me look like I’m trying too hard to be one of the cool kids
and if i dont say it, I sound like the old guy
im sure I’ll get comfortable with it if it sticks around for a while, but for now, the newness makes it more distracting

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
i am the grumpy old curmudgeon at work and have no issues whatsoever telling someone "i appreciate you" or being told that i am appreciated

the thing that bugs me is the pervasive switch from saying "i think such and such" to "i feel such and such" in the workplace

makes me feel like i'm conducting a damn therapy session!

:roflmao:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
i am the grumpy old curmudgeon at work and have no issues whatsoever telling someone "i appreciate you" or being told that i am appreciated

the thing that bugs me is the pervasive switch from saying "i think such and such" to "i feel such and such" in the workplace

makes me feel like i'm conducting a damn therapy session!

:roflmao:
I feel like that’s splitting hairs

• Haha
Reactions: crustBrother

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
When someone has gone out of their way for me .... I often will say "I really appreciate it ... thanks!" but have never said or have heard someone say "i appreciate you" sounds disingenuous.
Exactly. Or just be specific ala I appreciate all the hard work you’ve done, etc

Reactions: flyinraptr