I appreciate you

buttholesurfer

Duke status
Dec 20, 2002
RatBeach
I can’t get used to this phrase
i like the sentiment a lot, but I can’t get myself to say that instead of either “thank you”, or “I appreciate that”

I just heard mahomes say it
are you all saying “I appreciate you”?

LMFAO!!!!I can't even stand,Have a good one!..

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
I can’t get used to this phrase
i like the sentiment a lot, but I can’t get myself to say that instead of either “thank you”, or “I appreciate that”

I just heard mahomes say it
are you all saying “I appreciate you”?
I don't know, I think

Hey ____________,
What's up man?
I appreciate you.
Cowabunga
RG

has a pretty good ring to it. :computer: :)

Last edited:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Preschateya! Love it when its one word. So much disingenuousess. Like when folk say Alowa instead of Aloha.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
i am the grumpy old curmudgeon at work and have no issues whatsoever telling someone "i appreciate you" or being told that i am appreciated
To be clear, you're still not allowed into the building.

If you tell a woman she is important to you, she will let you tap that ass.
This is solid advice - women have to see where they fit into your life. This is why women like you so much. My wife says I'm better off when I say as little as possible.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Preschateya! Love it when its one word. So much disingenuousess. Like when folk say Alowa instead of Aloha.
??????

I don't understand. The times I've seen it used it's always a not very rich-looking person (until Mahomes) saying it to someone working convenience retail. It seems like a new polite word that helps grease the wheels?

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
How about the antithesis? I don't appreciate you at all co-worker. Fuck-off! ?

I can really get behind this one. Just take a number and I'll be right with you.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
You know where all this comes from right?

Those bullshit training seminars corporations make their cubicle slaves sit through, so they can communicate better with their pronoun-laden co-workers in a verbal and non-offensive way.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com

Those bullshit training seminars corporations make their cubicle slaves sit through, so they can communicate better with their pronoun-laden co-workers in a verbal and non-offensive way.
I reckon that is why I never made it into management.
IDGAF about their feelings.
Do the job... Get it right or gtfo or stfu!
Next..... :cursing:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

That's how it entered the r32osphere. Black people have been saying this in the South for at least a decade and corporate America just stole it from them, no different than they did with that greasy fraud Elvis.

• Sad
Reactions: grapedrink

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
my manager just said “I appreciate you “ to me
And I was triggered
And did not say “I appreciate you too”

Also, based on buttholesurfers comment above, I’m self conscious when I say “have a good one”
And I say that a lot