How much sh!t do you put up with to avoid being the asshole of the neighborhood?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Neighbor just sold his 3 unit home immediately next door. At first we were a bit miffed because a young UK couple bought it.... but then, they rented the 2 smaller units and split.

Just spoke with one of the renters yesterday at the local town watering hole. Turns out the 2 smaller units have been long term rented, and they plan to keep the main unit for their own sporadic use.

No neighbors is GREAT!!!!!

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I was just camping at Leo Carrillo and motherfuckers had leaf blowers for camping. Jesusfuck. They were electric, but still.
Dude gotta get with the times.

I got a Milwaukee electric. Take it with my truck all the time.

blows sand out my camper shell and truck bed and out of my car.

cleans out my tents camping. Blows leaves out my boat and stuff too.

it’s electric so it isn’t loud.

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Dude gotta get with the times.

I got a Milwaukee electric. Take it with my truck all the time.

blows sand out my camper shell and truck bed and out of my car.

cleans out my tents camping. Blows leaves out my boat and stuff too.

it’s electric so it isn’t loud.
I love my dewalt blower.

I’ve sometimes gotten passive aggressive back and will blow the leaves he shoots under our fence back into his yard + some extras after he’s made his pass.

He can’t hear mine over the gas and variable trigger can keep it pretty low in dB level so you can sneek up on fools.

erik1938

Legend (inyourownmind)
Compared to a gas one it’s pretty quiet. Longest it’s ever running is like 20-30 seconds anyway
I was raised to respect other peoples peace & quiet. When we were kids and running around the house yelling my dad would have told us to keep it the fuck down. I tend to do the same as an adult.
:shrug:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I was raised to respect other peoples peace & quiet. When we were kids and running around the house yelling my dad would have told us to keep it the fuck down. I tend to do the same as an adult.
:shrug:
I mean if it’s 9am at a campsite and someone’s blowing an electric blower for 30 seconds to get some sand out their truck and you’re upset then you might be (most likely are) a Karen

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Overall my neighborhood is great. Kids get along and play together, we hang with a few other parents, I deliver smoked albacore to my neighbors after fishing trips, it's a good spot. There are a few sus neighbors but they keep to themselves. All the lots are 1 to 3 acres, so there is plenty of space.

There was a guy shooting his hunting rifle in his backyard, but through the woods my kid and a few other kids were downrange. Even though I support the 2nd Amendment 100%, we can't have children being put in danger. Rather than confronting the guy myself (which could have gone really bad), I called the sheriff and reported it, making it clear that I didn't want him to get in trouble, I just don't want him shooting in the back yard. I wish I could shoot off my porch too, but we can't.

We recently gave a kid in the neighborhood our daughter's old scooter. The kid's older brother took it and started ghost riding it down the hill into trees and bushes, repeatedly. He's 12 and knows better. I took the scooter back and explained how that wasn't the intent of giving them the scooter.

So I guess I don't want to be the asshole of the neighborhood, but I don't back down from the challenge either! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
We recently gave a kid in the neighborhood our daughter's old scooter. The kid's older brother took it and started ghost riding it down the hill into trees and bushes, repeatedly. He's 12 and knows better. I took the scooter back and explained how that wasn't the intent of giving them the scooter.
Would taken me until age 29 to know better not to do that

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
leaf blower at a campsite for some dirt is pretty funny. what happened to just flipping over your tent and shaking before you pull the poles?

I bet it’s also useful for keeping the sand off the starlink satellite dish and out of the crevasses of the lazy boy in the RV.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
leaf blower at a campsite for some dirt is pretty funny. what happened to just flipping over your tent and shaking before you pull the poles?

I bet it’s also useful for keeping the sand off the starlink satellite dish and out of the crevasses of the lazy boy in the RV.
That's how's its done at my favorite park!

1694708892048.png