How much sh!t do you put up with to avoid being the asshole of the neighborhood?

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Pretty lucky here, everyone gets along fine.
During COVID we had a drive-way get together, everyone showed up for a few and some pu-pu's. Good time and got to know a few we didn't know yet.
However, my next door neighbor has some sort of craft/business going on where he runs a chop saw close to my wife's office window 3-4 times a week all day. Pretty (no, really) annoying. Don't have the will/need to confront him. YET.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Quite a bit, cannot stand drama. Plus have a tendency to escalate with assholes and it never ends well.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I moved to the hood in October, I live a block away from where Boyz n the Hood was shot. One of the benefits of being off work and having a dog is that I've spent a lot of time walking around the neighborhood getting to know my neighbors. There's a real sense of community here and everyone has been nothing but friendly and seems to really look out for each other. I have a couple seniors on my end of the block that I've gotten really friendly with and try to look out for and help out whenever I can. Three doors down "Mr B" is the 94yr old elder of the block that has been here his entire life. Kinda guy who's out every day weeding his lawn in the sun or tinkering with some other project. I know better than to offer him help, he's too proud. But he's got good stories and loves to talk. This block is where Larry Elder was raised and he always tells me what a punk he was as a kid :roflmao:

Sure we deal with some sh!t from time to time. The police were out at the house next-door earlier this week after a domestic dispute between the guy who rents the back room and his girlfriend erupted in him smashing out the windows of her car and her father coming over kicking and screaming. But that got settled fast and has all been cleaned up. No drama has ever been directed at me or my gf. My biggest gripe is litter. We have a strip mall with a laundromat and convenience store on the corner. Their dumpsters are in the alley and the direction of the wind is always blowing garbage on my lawn. Pretty much every time I come or go I pick up a fabric softener sheet, a blunt wrapper and a plastic bag off my lawn.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Also my neighbor to the south of me has been letting her nephews band practice in her garage once a week. I'm pretty sure they're a sexual chocolate cover band. It's never late and it's always really funny.

AdoredFelineIberianchiffchaff-size_restricted.gif

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
You don’t know my neighbors. There’s a couple that if I saw them hanged from the bridge I’d stop and **** on them. We do have some excellent neighbors, all for one and one for all, 24/7.
What would they say about you?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I moved to the hood in October, I live a block away from where Boyz n the Hood was shot. One of the benefits of being off work and having a dog is that I've spent a lot of time walking around the neighborhood getting to know my neighbors. There's a real sense of community here and everyone has been nothing but friendly and seems to really look out for each other. I have a couple seniors on my end of the block that I've gotten really friendly with and try to look out for and help out whenever I can. Three doors down "Mr B" is the 94yr old elder of the block that has been here his entire life. Kinda guy who's out every day weeding his lawn in the sun or tinkering with some other project. I know better than to offer him help, he's too proud. But he's got good stories and loves to talk. This block is where Larry Elder was raised and he always tells me what a punk he was as a kid :roflmao:

Sure we deal with some sh!t from time to time. The police were out at the house next-door earlier this week after a domestic dispute between the guy who rents the back room and his girlfriend erupted in him smashing out the windows of her car and her father coming over kicking and screaming. But that got settled fast and has all been cleaned up. No drama has ever been directed at me or my gf. My biggest gripe is litter. We have a strip mall with a laundromat and convenience store on the corner. Their dumpsters are in the alley and the direction of the wind is always blowing garbage on my lawn. Pretty much every time I come or go I pick up a fabric softener sheet, a blunt wrapper and a plastic bag off my lawn.
Product of your environment

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I AM the asshole of the neighborhood and fiercely proud of it. :cursing:
Me too because my filter rarely working. If your dog fucks with me or my family its gonna get beat or locked in my garage where I torture it to death. If your there your gonna get threatened and yelled at and I dont care if if you are a beast or a little old lady. If your kid is outside making a racket skating I aint gonna say sh!t. If your child is caught in my garage stealing Im gonna tell him Im gonna shoot him.

I park my boat on the street and run it every now and then with a hose hooked up to it. Our whole family yells at each other. I change my oil and wash my car in the driveway and its a condo.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
I live in a neighborhood with two cul-de-sacs. We are one of the few who didn't have to pay over two million to live here. All my neighbors are upper middle class high achievers of various races. The love and care we feel from them is almost like being part of a family.

Reactions: Havoc

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Had a seasonal neighbor try to claim "Adverse Possession" of 3 feet across my one property line in an attempt to block me from fencing in my back yard about 10 years ago. No small matter in a neighborhood where a 60 x 60 lot can now be worth a million $. They tore down the existing house to build a new one on the lot and then one day during construction they removed an existing hedge row thinking it was their hedge row to remove without asking thinking it would make their tiny yard bigger. (They were building to the maximum allowable lot coverage) In reality it was my hedge row. Came home from work and their contractor was finishing up the job. WTF!!!! I stayed calm and decided to put up a vinyl fence. I had to have something to keep my dog in. They took it too far and it ended up costing them a lot of money. Best part is when they made it official in a court filing claiming "Adverse Possession" to try to block me from installing the fence after they had harrassed us, our surveyor and the fence installer, my title insurance kicked in and provided a free lawyer to deal with the matter. The lawyer the title insurance company gave me was a real hardass SOB and ran them through the ringer. All told the matter probably cost these idiots between $15 and $20k. In the end, their back yard was still tiny and mine got quite a bit bigger thanks to the 60-foot long hedge row of 6' diameter forsythias being gone.

Last edited:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Me too because my filter rarely working. If your dog fucks with me or my family its gonna get beat or locked in my garage where I torture it to death. If your there your gonna get threatened and yelled at and I dont care if if you are a beast or a little old lady. If your kid is outside making a racket skating I aint gonna say sh!t. If your child is caught in my garage stealing Im gonna tell him Im gonna shoot him.

I park my boat on the street and run it every now and then with a hose hooked up to it. Our whole family yells at each other. I change my oil and wash my car in the driveway and its a condo.
I’d help u change the oil and run the boat engine

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Everybody in my neighborhood gets along, zero conflicts in 24 years that I am aware of. But then again we mostly ignore each other too.

Reactions: Aquaman2 and Havoc