How much sh!t do you put up with to avoid being the asshole of the neighborhood?

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
leaf blower at a campsite for some dirt is pretty funny. what happened to just flipping over your tent and shaking before you pull the poles?

I bet it’s also useful for keeping the sand off the starlink satellite dish and out of the crevasses of the lazy boy in the RV.
I’ll be sure to go flip my toyota tundra with a camper shell over and give it a good shake

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
That’s the one gamble of purchasing a home. You can get stuck with neighbors who will make your life miserable.
our mistake was not knocking on peoples doors next to our house and telling them we want to put an offer on this house, anything we should be aware of?

one thing is certain, neighbors love to talk about the other neighbors. they'll tell you everything. if they don't talk, then you know they are the a$$hole neighbor haha.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
"Hi Jaro thanks for your tips and patience. My new dog bark deterrent works in all directions even through two fences and heavy hedges , in less than a minute. I believe I'm the big dog in the neighborhood now. Mark B.
PS there are 12 dogs living nearby."

My neighbors recently moved in ladyfreind has a big loud dog that hates my truck, which isn't loud as trucks go. He's inside and his whole house seems a like a dog bark bass drum when I get home. It doesn't bother me, but the guy burns his trash and rakes his leaves into the neighborhood pond, which also doesn't much bother me but it's just wrong. I'm the guy saying nothing but my muffler works.

Used to be BIG bass and Pickerel in that pond, and in the 70's I ate a few. Bass that is, not the neighbors ladyfreind dog or Pickerel.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Im now dealing with this issue. My solution is as usual to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower

Does this tech actually work? I'm asking because I recently looked into a handheld version of sonic dog deterrence weaponry and the reviews seem to be pretty mixed.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Does this tech actually work? I'm asking because I recently looked into a handheld version of sonic dog deterrence weaponry and the reviews seem to be pretty mixed.
I was convinced to start with that the underlying scientific premise of the devices are valid and have experimented with the cheap stuff off Amazon enough to warrant further pursuit. I also knew that if I looked hard enough I could hopefully find the wicked powerful, fully legit version of the tech or make something myself that produced the right frequency tone at a sufficient volume.

Imo the stuff this guy has looks like if used properly (like any dog training tool) I can’t see how it couldnt work especially since it’s also advertised as perfect for experiments with LRADS/sonic weapons/Havana syndrome type sh!t which was exactly what I was looking for

Reactions: sdsrfr and sussle

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Reactions: sussle

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Reactions: Chocki

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
So these sonic deterrents work? my dog loses his chit when a rabbit enters the yard. we use a buzz collar as needed but he doesn’t wear it all the time or it runs out of batteries while on him. need something for stopping him from afar.

this year seems to have extra rabbits. Extra bobcat sightings confirm this.

Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
So these sonic deterrents work? my dog loses his chit when a rabbit enters the yard. we use a buzz collar as needed but he doesn’t wear it all the time or it runs out of batteries while on him. need something for stopping him from afar.

this year seems to have extra rabbits. Extra bobcat sightings confirm this.
My experience has led me to believe that the cheapo one I linked/am using works and would be an effective deterrent in that situation especially if thats the only time he’s barking.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
An update on dog barking deterrent device tech for @Matilija

The little one from Amazon is still working on the nearest problem dogs and after really trying to give the loser llama owners and their far away but ridiculously loud “live stock protection dogs” the benefit of the doubt I decided volume duration and frequency of their barking was something I shouldn’t have to put up with and it was time to call down the thunder and shut that sh!t down along with the occasional fence fights that can occur around here bc otherwise the silence is goldy most of the time
IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Matilija

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
The ”Array” as I’ve taken to calling it from myskunkworks is gnarly bro. Powerful af and more or less exactly what I was looking for/hoped it would be. With the knob you can get it to produce to audible to human tones and even behind the thing it was so wicked that I totally went and got my 3M shooting/power equipment ear pro bro before fucking with it more.

With that in mind and bc it’s not activated automatically the key is imo as someone not unfamiliar with dog training to use it selectively so that the dog(s) make a direct connection bw their barking and the device and not just let it run. So in this case if I hear barking I go flip the switch on the power strip and also try real hard to turn it off immediately after the dog stops so there is a direct connection in its mind/cause and effect relationship formed. Think long distance training

Last edited:
Reactions: PRCD

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Link to product?
It’s linked on this very page up above bro.
myskunkworks.net

you might not need the whole array, in my case I wanted something capable of operating long distance 150yds plus

Was there an update on the poster with the shooting range nextdoor? Or did he die confronting them? :toilet:
Based on my research (ripping a cone and googling neighbor rural property shooting range etc) he had to call Saul and they’ve entered legal proceedings

Reactions: grapedrink

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
actually, i want to be able to stop aggressive charging dogs in their tracks - seems like i would need something more directed, no?
I’m now dealing with some idiot neighbors and their Rottweiler bro. It’s been on my property twice now and reacted extremely poorly to being told to leave, getting more aggressive etc each time.

The owners have been informed and I’ve saved the texts indicating that they’re now aware of their dogs behavior. They didn’t seem to be particularly concerned. ASAP I will be making local enforcement aware of the situation as well.

Im debating whether or not I should hit the fucker immediately with the bear spray next time I see him no warning and based off the further testing with the stuff I just conducted for science I’m going to try and get him in the junk.