How bad will the leftist riots be between the Mid-Terms and 2024 General Election?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Riots? I like my summer plans better.

I plan on a lot of camping up in NorCal and hopefully Crater Lake too. Lots of beach days with the kids, attempting to get better at golf, hiking, surfing when waves cooperate (summer after all), and so, so much more. :shaka:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Riots? I like my summer plans better.

I plan on a lot of camping up in NorCal and hopefully Crater Lake too. Lots of beach days with the kids, attempting to get better at golf, hiking, surfing when waves cooperate (summer after all), and so, so much more. :shaka:
you need to go to Butte Lake at Lassen

you're close

that's some of the best camping, swimming, and hiking relative to crowd conditions you're going to find anywhere in the state or my name is not Wil E Coyote

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
you need to go to Butte Lake at Lassen

you're close

that's some of the best camping, swimming, and hiking relative to crowd conditions you're going to find anywhere in the state or my name is not Wil E Coyote
Definitely. I went to Lassen this last summer along with Burney Falls but was at the main campground. I would love to climb into the cinder cone there on a super clear and moonless night. Not to mention I was right at the Stand By Me bridge and didn't realize it. So I have to go back, no question.

Finished the SoCal Six Pack of Peaks this summer in style doing the Nine Peak Traverse from Gorgonio to Berdoo; 9 peaks, 8,000+ elevation gain, 30+ miles, 15 hours. Such a great feeling to accomplish that. Two of the 6 NorCal ones (Tam, St. Helena) are in the books, plan on doing the remaining 4 in the coming months.

But camping at both Lassen and Shasta this last summer, oh man, I know my next mission and it's a big one is to climb the Cascade Volcanoes. Some of them seem pretty basic (i.e., Lassen) but others like Rainier and Jefferson... I don't know, out of my skill set right now but doesn't mean I can't learn those long-overdue mountaineering skills. One of those multi-year missions that might not be completely realized.

So many hobbies/passions, so little time...

Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I wonder if I could do the 9 peak now...I'd not do it in a day like you, probably sleep up there, but I worry about water this late in the season.

this time of year is the worst for backpacking because the sierra is effectively closed/ing for business, but the deserts and coastal ranges are still too hot/dry.

late Sept to Late Nov is sort of a no-go all around