How’s the stock market?

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
Ha!! I saw this mutant rig on the samba awhile back. It’s yours??!
YUP! ITS A BEAST - mainly used for Mexico trips and winter (really well insulated) - its so slow that its dangerous to drive on US highways - its a diesel w top speed of 55mph and up hill is like 30mph - finding parts and a good mechanic is a problem - I have another camper that I use for cruising around the US.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Chocki

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
Follow-up end with (close to) end of the year rate of return:... from -14.4% to -11.3%.

View attachment 144956
You are doing better than most! its still worth exiting for the next 9-12 months - who need it? so much uncertainty - especially with regards to Interest rate hikes - at least 2 more in the next 6 months and at best stays flat from there but there could be more - how much more? - could 30 year fixed get over 10%? - Possible! real estate, 2nd homes and luxury goods will be the first to go - be patient - opportunities for those with cash will be everywhere - real assets will be cheap - art, classic cars, vacation homes - wait for it - its bubbling and could exploded.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Follow-up end with (close to) end of the year rate of return:... from -14.4% to -11.3%.

View attachment 144956
Now subtract an additional 9.1% for the average rate of inflation in 2022.:(:foreheadslap:

So you're actually down 20.5% YTD

Using the old method of calculating inflation you're down 30% YTD.

Of course, major financial institutions will NEVER put inflation-adjusted numbers in your YTD summary... you can guess why.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Do you need those stocks right now? i don’t. I’m a buyer all Q1 with my 401 contributions, and beyond, if the market stays soft I’ll buy more cheap ETF shares. If you have more than a 5 year horizon and have a decent income you should be salivating at all the buying opportunity that may be coming our way (or not, hell do i know)

Reactions: grapedrink

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Do you need those stocks right now? i don’t. I’m a buyer all Q1 with my 401 contributions, and beyond, if the market stays soft I’ll buy more cheap ETF shares. If you have more than a 5 year horizon and have a decent income you should be salivating at all the buying opportunity that may be coming our way (or not, hell do i know)
This is the way.

View attachment 144956
That looks kind of like my stuff. Keep DCA'ing and starting to do a little more swing trading, now that the overall picture is getting clearer.

Reactions: Mr Doof

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Boys, get in on oil rigs! I have some cheap sh!t in Argentina, 11 beauties on the old prairie, 2 rigs currently plundering in Africa and a bunch in Thailand and Saudi. Just pumping cash :love:

Ships too. Gotta have ships. And some banks and insurance companies. Anything with brown wooden walls inside the office.

Old money is the new money.

1673624149245.png

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I am considering ghost writing a book.

Here are my ideas:

1. I am considering plagiarizing someone else's posts on the erBB, specifically the ones about spraying people with semen. I was going to call it "The Jizzum of the Lemon Tree"

2. Ghost-write a memoir for a CNN personality. I was going to call it "The Wisdom of the Don Lemon Tree"