How’s the stock market?

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Market liked whatever Powell said
Well, he confirmed there will be no .75 rate hike in any of the meetings (unless they change their minds)... It's what the market wanted to hear.

Quantitative Tightening is going to be the real bubble popper IMHO. The incessant post COVID money printing is till coming back to bite us all in the ass.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
boom goes the stonk market again :roflmao:

Papa Powell's kind words weren't enough to keep it lifted even for a few days

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Your girl's BTC correlated ETF keeps sinking lower and lower lol
I don't subscribe to any false beliefs and trade my own account, couldn't care less what Ol Cathie does with her money

BTC hovering 37k surprisingly well with the big dump on the equities markets, daily high after the pump just under 40 with a wick down to 36.5

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
False beliefs? WTF are you babbling about now?
that she is an investing guru and someone worth listening to

same as with Warren Buffet or Charlie Munger, don't take anyone's word as gospel and learn to think critically and independently is a tool to serve you well throughout a lifetime

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Hilarious this woman is still getting airtime!

Especially for saying something so incredibly stupid. She should STFU and sit this one out. Although it makes sense for them to feel that way, given that both have net worth dependent on absurd valuations.

Also, CNBC is the biggest shill of Wall St. Look back at their content during the Game Stop debacle, it was about as blatant as it gets.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
not sure if it was @Mr Doof or @grapedrink but thanks for the I bonds tip

Was not me. I-Bond were pointed out last fall (?) at 7.x% to the erBB. Scraped up $5K that I don't need for 5 yrs and am glad I did.

And it looks like someone did sell on the news...nearly a 1000 pt swing in 24 hrs, traders are happy (?):

1651765939888.png

PS
If you already received your tax refund is it possible to still buy paper I bonds?

Not sure, I don't see why it would matter as long as you don't exceed $10K/year :unsure:

Probably best to direct you to an official site (click me) for the official rules

Reactions: grapedrink

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Especially for saying something so incredibly stupid. She should STFU and sit this one out. Although it makes sense for them to feel that way, given that both have net worth dependent on absurd valuations.
It's nonstop idiocy.

Everything from BTC going to $500K to claiming Teladoc is the next Amazon.

I think some of these statements could very well be used against her in a court of law.