How’s the stock market?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
dammit i have like 3 proposals out to Teladoc. I guess i can put those lower down the pipeline

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It really does seem like we're going to witness a major shift.

The pickle of Europe , Russia, and sanctions could be germinating into a rebuke of globalization. Or some form of unrecognizable globalization.

Commodities as the new reserve currency.

Everyone here should probably listen to this. Pretty fascinating theory we are in the midst of a sort of "Bretton Woods III" mapped out here by someone with a lot of credibility:

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I welcome the recent market shift. Would much rather add to my 401K on sale for a while instead of speculative overpaying like we have been.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
What was that bet? somebody bet Doof $100 that the S+P would be at 3700 or below on April 30 2022, yes?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
What was that bet? somebody bet Doof $100 that the S+P would be at 3700 or below on April 30 2022, yes?

You are in the wrong thread. This is the correct one: CLICK ME.

Below this demarcation is what I said in the correct thread:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Closing price on Friday the 29th of April was above 3700, which means the opening price on Monday 2nd of May was above 3700.

Will send PM for details on where to send the $100 by Paypal.

1651510237441.png

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Closing price on Friday the 29th of April was above 3700, which means the opening price on Monday 2nd of May was above 3700.

1651510237441.png
Is there a particular reason you don’t want to get paid in Bitcoin?

SERIOUS QUESTION

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
If your 401K was heavy Netflix you lost some loot...

...but the silver lining is Meghan Markle's new series has just been flushed by the cash-strapped streamer!
:toilet:
:barf:
The FAANGs are now FAAGs. Netflix spends enormously to produce sucky content. It alienated a lot of people with its politics. Other content providers have figured out they can set up their own streaming service and go direct to customers with much-deeper content. Disney Poz and HBO are examples of this.

Yes we're at a Bretton Woods III juncture and we're not going to end-up on top this time because the petrodollar is toast along with our hard power like our navy.

Yes the Fed is going to crash the stock market.

That said, nothing beats index funds for reasons explained by Burton Malkiel.

Reactions: racer1

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The FAANGs are now FAAGs. Netflix spends enormously to produce sucky content. It alienated a lot of people with its politics. Other content providers have figured out they can set up their own streaming service and go direct to customers with much-deeper content. Disney Poz and HBO are examples of this.

Yes we're at a Bretton Woods III juncture and we're not going to end-up on top this time because the petrodollar is toast along with our hard power like our navy.

Yes the Fed is going to crash the stock market.

That said, nothing beats index funds for reasons explained by Burton Malkiel.
we still maintain hard power

China's military infrastructure is a joke

they are running a used carrier from Russia and their jets can't fly for long because they can't figure out the metallurgy

this is the problem with being a copy cat and lacking engineering expertise

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020

it'll go there within the next year, an extended time horizon is not a bad thing. caca gets excited over the little tings, an emotional little wee man he is.