History / Memories of the erBB

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Been shown some amazing hospitality over the years from people on this here BB.

PPK let my then gf and I crash for an entire week, and let us use Deb's car since she was out of town. And fed us. Legend
GBG has put me up in his house on more than one occasion. Always fun when he visits Santa Cruz.
OTF putting me up in a hotel when I was passing through the area and taking me surfing.
Piercer and Surfwordz lending out boards and aloha on Maui.
Ocean7847 has become a lifelong friend and lives a few blocks away.
H8coldH20 has also become a good friend. We've been on a couple great trips together. He even met my gf and I out in NZ.
Joshua2415 for lending out a board and surfing together.
Meeting up with CCG on a big day of surf somewhere on the Central Coast. Humbling
Stinkeye being the first person I met and an awesome member from the Santa Cruz crew.
Steak is steak!
sEth and I carpooled a few times while I was living in SJ
Surfcat shindigs and the associated SF crew were always a blast. One time surfcat came down to Santa Cruz for the premier of Stepping Into Liquid. Abalone came out, as well as sEth, and Acqua Marina. Found out Acqua and her sister were friends with my parents back in the day.
Gracepark - had some fun adventures with her hiking, snowboarding, and randomly seeing her in Nicaragua.
Kento - stayed with him years ago. We got super wasted and he woke up late and hungover for work the next morning. Seen him a couple times now when he camps with his family in the area.

So many other cool people that I've met, surfed with, and shared beers with. I joined 18 years ago, exactly half my life! This place has been amazing. Hope we get to keep it for a while longer!

PeederNorteRips

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 12, 2008
In Your Face
Visit site
Some erBB jargon. Sorry that I can't identify the originators.

kuk
As someone from Hawaii, you should know that "kuk" did not originate on the erBB. It is in fact the original spelling of the word used in the 60s as part of surf slang, deriving from the Hawaiian word kukae. At some point the spelling changed to kook.
Some of those other phrases originated elsewhere but became common here. "pics, or"..."new band", etc.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
As someone from Hawaii, you should know that "kuk" did not originate on the erBB. It is in fact the original spelling of the word used in the 60s as part of surf slang, deriving from the Hawaiian word kukae. At some point the spelling changed to kook.
Some of those other phrases originated elsewhere but became common here. "pics, or"..."new band", etc.
I know. That was just our spelling here, which isn't used much anywhere else.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
From a personal standpoint, I will never forget the Bad Moon bomb-scare. Mostly because I was on the receiving end of that one when the SWAT team showed up at my door. I think that was SCR's doing. GEO called me from out in Arizona (terrified) that the cops would show up at his Dad's ranch because he figured pop would start shooting.

Groovin's house parties were pretty interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Reading never ending insightful TMZ stories from GG....his fire side chats are off the charts with details, names, non-rumors or gossip, just straight up out in the open not going to beat around the bush information flowing through years of fly on the wall experiences...

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Reading never ending insightful TMZ stories from GG....his fire side chats are off the charts with details, names, non-rumors or gossip, just straight up out in the open not going to beat around the bush information flowing through years of fly on the wall experiences...
Do you even foil brah?