History / Memories of the erBB

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
We're not quite at the death knell just yet, but it is always nice to reflect back on the stories, the people, and the events that made/make this place so special. Let's take a walk down memory lane, and continue to make new memories.

Before it was the Surfer.com Forum there was the Surfermag.com Monster Bulletin Board (hence erBB). The earliest board entry I could find was in 1996.

erBB_BulletinBoard.gif

Here's a capture of it from 1998:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
We're not quite at the death knell just yet, but it is always nice to reflect back on the stories, the people, and the events that made/make this place so special. Let's take a walk down memory lane, and continue to make new memories.

Before it was the Surfer.com Forum there was the Surfermag.com Monster Bulletin Board (hence erBB). The earliest board entry I could find was in 1996.

View attachment 98827

Here's a capture of it from 1998:
When I first came to the Mag Bulletin Board, there was ICQ chat and guys were already threatening each other if they came to County Line or Topanga ~ :roflmao:

PeederNorteRips

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 12, 2008
In Your Face
Visit site
The Stuart Lanning Jr saga.

I'm always wishing, waiting, hoping he comes back for another tour.
He is on FB. Hit him up. Maybe, you can meet him to his face?

Attachments

Reactions: bluemarlin04

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
He is on FB. Hit him up. Maybe, you can meet him to his face?

You two are friends on Facebook, huh.

Are you the one he's talking about in his most recent video?

Reactions: diro

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I said this before but Stuart's apt is more orderly than mine.

I know that doesn't reflect positively on me.

But I think it's funny. :roflmao:

RG, you and Stu share a love of fish

• Haha
Reactions: tacos and mundus

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Some of my best memories of this board are meeting surfwordz and Piercer on my first Hawaii trip. One of the best trips of my life. Super aloha I'll never forget. I got Honolua 3 times that trip and 8 days of Wordz spot. All the days I scored Mex with GeoPac. DMJ with JJR. The base with groovn, CA Surfer and otf. The days we got at the base were unbelievable. Time on our side, we got it empty alot. Met Nep and Mr. Doof. Surfed OB with Doof and Reality Check. Scored both times. The wild parties at Geo's with Spoonfish. Lunatics. Both of them. I have a lifetime of memories from 20 years of this place. It has been a good run.

Reactions: LBInjSurfer