History / Memories of the erBB

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
Been a while can't believe my login still worked. Sucked to see wordz passed. I loved his style when he drew waves....super sketchy. We PMed back and forth a bunch about art....seemed like a cool guy.

Been super busy working from home. Ironically enough, less time to surf the erBB than when I was at work :)
Hope all is well fellas!
peace and waves!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Big Ball of Brown was legendary. Nuff said.

CCGs travel logs and the origination of "stocked".

Roy's 14 footer actually showing up in Hawaii which cost who knows how much, being ridden by GMac, breaking a fin and proven to be the piece of garbage that we all knew it was (in terms of surfworthiness) gave me one of the greatest laughing fits in my life.

Jason making himself the butt of his own jokes without even realizing he was doing it.

Partying with PPK in Hanalei.

Beef Stroganoff.

Balidiot making a pie graph with only 2 equal halves that said, "People who think Gary is beautiful", and the 2 halves were "his mother" and "James Blunt" :ROFLMAO:

Absurd threads that I think got deleted because I can't find them . . . . One where Skully talked about going to Rio to practice his cunilingus skills (I think it was an imp thread) and somebody replying, "Traveling all the way to South America just to lick some $2 whores clam seems like a crappy way to spend a vacation to me". :roflmao: Not sure who said that but for some reason it stuck with me.

Doug/VM also started a thread with a poll that read, "If Skully was trying to rape you, would you be able to stop him?" and roughly half of the voters clicked, "No". :roflmao: So messed up, but I can't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Hope most of the folks here migrate over. Desipte the drama we have a good thing going.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
meeting so many of you. epic battles with griffin. the prank that ppk, dale, and duncan pulled on me, and the big ball of brown. japsondope, norway surfer, otf, nep, stuart lanning jr., surfwordz, ppk, daily dale, 20W... on and on... damn, this place had some classic moments.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
the obvious surfing information and knowledge obtained in the design forum of course.

but I've had some great laughs over :

Eunice
Angry Halibut
Soul bro
northern shores...
UBB threads

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out.

The internet strength man cartoons make me lol each and every time I see them

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
the obvious surfing information and knowledge obtained in the design forum of course.

but I've had some great laughs over :

Eunice
Angry Halibut
Soul bro
northern shores...
UBB threads

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out.

The internet strength man cartoons make me lol each and every time I see them
The SensualSurfer... So many brilliant trolls. It made you want to cook up a big bag of popcorn every day and log in just to watch the craziness.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Meeting people has been rad. I've only done it in SF.

A's Astros game and other activities with @the janitor - lots of laughs.
Beers and surfing with @Mr Doof - loaning me boards and giving me local tours of SF.
Finding @thekadvang in the lineup at Sloat.
@Woke AF loaning me boards and surfing in front of his house and driving me back to my wife in his convertible.
@pee_pee loaning me a 7'10 and wetsuit and surfing nearly 3x OH Sloat. Lost him but then found him later. Then I returned the wetsuit to him 5 days later in the worst possible way - in a leaking trash bag downtown as he was getting on the bart.

I've had some amazing experiences in SF thanks to the above crew. I need to pay it forward.

Coincidentally I haven't met anybody in real life on here who lives in Hawaii. Haha.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
It was a serious challenge for a newbie to log in and post up back in the day. You had to exhibit a modicum of talent and be game enough to nut up and carry on. Nothing in life is Free.

Reactions: keenfish

irieboy8

Miki Dora status
Mar 11, 2003
Visit site
I was still in college when i joined this board... now I'm in my forties with 3 kids and the same wife!

My heyday of when i was posting was 2003-2008 and then took a break and posted for a few more consistently... honestly i was bummed when a lot of the people i talked with on this board from 2003-2007 kinda disappeared (grew up)... it made that connection a bit harder and honestly the board sometimes took a less welcoming vibe at time......

I check this board once a week or so.. but its not the same

I will say I've been on the same status for about 10 years now and its still pisses me off.... i was on a roll for a bit....

Mainly i remember the cast of characters that were around in the early 2000s...i don't remember many names but the stories and the stoke was real...everyone always seemed there to help you out with a question or a topic... and also slam if you deserved it... i have had numerous friends say they wanted to join the board but didn't want to be put on blast....

-i won't say the board changed my life but it has a big part of my daily routine... if it disappears id be pretty sad....

-too many stories or threads to mention.... but i do think about me and "nani" i think that was her name... she seemed like a cool chick.... damn erBB love is tough thing