Hawaii- Done

My reference to land ownership was as to current ownership in Hawaii, not to ownership within the Kingdom of Hawaii. If you have roots that go back to a citizen of the Kingdom, your current ownership of property does not fall under "stolen lands". If you own property in Hawaii and cannot trace your roots back to the Kingdom of Hawaii is the issue. If not a descendant, you are a Transplant, and as such, the "Stolen Lands" reference applies.
What if you buy land from a Hawaiian?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I've had a whole bunch of Toyota trucks throughout my life. I rebuilt a few of them and was really obsessed with the 4X4 Toyota scene. Don't get me wrong, they're great vehicles but people are fucking stupid for spending that amount of money on a used Toyota truck.

I had a lifted 88 that I sold in the mid 2000s when I joined the military and moved off island. Lifted single cab 4x4 truck with the 22RE. Sold it for $2800. I could probably get double that amount today. lol
MEAT THEM TO THEIR FACES AND SAY THAT
1650939304686.png

My reference to land ownership was as to current ownership in Hawaii, not to ownership within the Kingdom of Hawaii. If you have roots that go back to a citizen of the Kingdom, your current ownership of property does not fall under "stolen lands". If you own property in Hawaii and cannot trace your roots back to the Kingdom of Hawaii is the issue. If not a descendant, you are a Transplant, and as such, the "Stolen Lands" reference applies.
RACE WAR NOW (?)

1650939413287.png

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
Yeah, kind of like the black guy who went jogging in the white neighbourhood in Georgia and got shot by rednecks - but he didn't have the excuse of not knowing it was a whites-only neighbourhood as he had lived in the area his entire life.

So the white guy was an idiot for buying sight unseen in an ethnic Hawaiian area - is that a crime?

Everyone agreed that the killing of Ahmaud Arbery was a sickening racist crime, so why isn't ethnic Hawaiians attacking a haole considered the same violent racism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ahmaud_Arbery

its not a crime to buy sight unseen...

absolutely it is a sickening racist crime...

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
its not a crime to buy sight unseen...

absolutely it is a sickening racist crime...
It's a crime for any seller, even a bank, to not disclose that this is the closest thing to a "reservation" that a Mainlander could imagine and no one from outside the valley is welcome. We were discussing if the buyer was an Asian from Kahului and the consensus was he would have gotten more words before the fists came but still would have been chased out.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
It's a crime for any seller, even a bank, to not disclose that this is the closest thing to a "reservation" that a Mainlander could imagine and no one from outside the valley is welcome. We were discussing if the buyer was an Asian from Kahului and the consensus was he would have gotten more words before the fists came but still would have been chased out.
Not at all. The haole buyer assumed correctly that if he was buying a property on Maui and if Maui Island is a part of Hawaii which is a state of the United States of America, then he was buying under American laws and rules.

Not the arbitrary rules of a self-proclaimed ethnic enclave, where residents make racially-biased rules and regulations of their own design and intent, which they then enforce with violence.

What a load of utterly racist bull sheet.

• Haha
Reactions: Pico

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Can it be racist if anybody would have caught cracks?
Yes.

Time elapsed before receiving cracks in self-proclaimed racist local enclave:

Mainland Haole buyer: 15 seconds
Brasileiro or Portagee buyer (a type of haole, but more obnoxious) 2 minutes
Pake Chinese (asking for discount): 3 minutes
Japoni (local or nihonjin) 5 minutes
Filipino (often try to pass off as Hawaiian, but not) 7 minutes
Korean (not that many yet, girls are pretty) 8 minutes
Vietnamese (hardly any yet, not sure if should give cracks) 10 minutes

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Not at all. The haole buyer assumed correctly that if he was buying a property on Maui and if Maui Island is a part of Hawaii which is a state of the United States of America, then he was buying under American laws and rules.

Not the arbitrary rules of a self-proclaimed ethnic enclave, where residents make racially-biased rules and regulations of their own design and intent, which they then enforce with violence.

What a load of utterly racist bull sheet.
Would this also go for someone buying a place in a rough, mono-racial neighborhood of Detroit/Chicago/LA? I mean, sure, it's legal for anyone to buy there but isn't it the responsibility of the seller to disclose that you're going to get hassled by all the neighbors? Is the buyer really absolved of having any knowledge of the dynamic in these places? I'm genuinely curious because I know almost nothing about cities beyond having watched Colors and Boyz n the Hood. I hear about gentrification but figure it must be interesting for the first few who move into a neighborhood like that. I don't think it really matters if a neighborhood in LA that was white workers in airplane factories, then became a black neighborhood, becomes a gentrified upper middle class mixed race neighborhood. I think it does matter if a remote valley of mosty Hawaiians living a somewhat traditional lifestyle gets gradually sold off and becomes another area of Hawaii dominated by transplant retirees and vacationers.

Edit: I will concede that in applying for a bank loan for this property (leading to the foreclosure) the previous owner was opening up the property to partial outside ownership, American laws, and the possibility that full ownership could be lost to an outside person or company. His family should have stopped him from doing that. My friend bought his new place with cash because most banks won't touch a property like this.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Banks don't have to say anything about a property before lending to buy, if the buyer is qualified to receive their money.

The same rule has always applied, since the days of the Roman Republic, then the Roman Empire - "Caveat Emptor" in Latin.

caveat emptor

ĕmp′tôr″
noun
  1. The axiom or principle in commerce that the buyer alone is responsible for assessing the quality of a purchase before buying.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Banks don't have to say anything about a property before lending to buy, if the buyer is qualified to receive their money.

The same rule has always applied, since the days of the Roman Republic, then the Roman Empire - "Caveat Emptor" in Latin.

caveat emptor

ĕmp′tôr″
noun
  1. The axiom or principle in commerce that the buyer alone is responsible for assessing the quality of a purchase before buying.
You misunderstood. I'm talking about the selling bank. A disclosure form is part of any property sale in the USA. Any normal buyer would have to be aware of the situation and couldn't get away with not disclosing it. A bank that owns the property after foreclosure apparently disclosed nothing on the basis that they don't know anything. I've bought a foreclosure before and understood that I wouldn't be getting the kind of information I would if dealing with a normal owner but this kind of situation is a disaster waiting to happen if the buyer is an idiot. I understood that I had to do a little more investigation when buying a foreclosure, this buyer apparently didn't.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
You misunderstood.
I understood you the first time - I am Punahou School 1841 Buff and Blu, brah.

The same principle applies without exception: Caveat Emptor.

It is entirely the buyer's responsibility, wether it is your cousin's motorcycle or a used surfboard or a house property in an isolated valley in East Maui.

Like Random Guy says, it is probably illegal to for the property agent or the bank to make any reference to race in any context during the property transaction process.

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
In the Rat Patrol they used Jeeps. Real ones, not those POS Chrysler products.

View attachment 128581
Rat Patrol was bad ass*d! I got the toy version of that Jeep for Chrismas - swiveling 50 Cal machine gun and all - man I pushed that thing around the living room making engine and machine gun sounds. Couldn't wait for my cousin Andrew to come over for Christmas dinner so we could play with it together! Little did I know i was just prepping for when I would get to shoot a real 50 Cal like that in the Navy - tore up some seawater with that bad boy :LOL:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I understood you the first time - I am Punahou School 1841 Buff and Blu, brah.

The same principle applies without exception: Caveat Emptor.

It is entirely the buyer's responsibility, wether it is your cousin's motorcycle or a used surfboard or a house property in an isolated valley in East Maui.

Like Random Guy says, it is probably illegal to for the property agent or the bank to make any reference to race in any context during the property transaction process.
aRE YOU oBAMA?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
During Covid I moved to Moreno Valley to fix up and sell this house I had there. Money was a thing. I had serious Black Drug Dealers on one side and Serious Mexican Fiesta Tuba Honking Love a good party Family on the other. Im in the garage one day with the door open pucking away on the gutair. I really only know Country songs. The black Dad rolled over on his bike and asked what I was doing? 4 months later after I finished laying down the Lawn I was gone.