Hawaii- Done

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Yeah, kind of like the black guy who went jogging in the white neighbourhood in Georgia and got shot by rednecks - but he didn't have the excuse of not knowing it was a whites-only neighbourhood as he had lived in the area his entire life.

So the white guy was an idiot for buying sight unseen in an ethnic Hawaiian area - is that a crime?

Everyone agreed that the killing of Ahmaud Arbery was a sickening racist crime, so why isn't ethnic Hawaiians attacking a haole considered the same violent racism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ahmaud_Arbery
The classic whataboutisms and the reverse racism arguments. Yawn. To be expected from Punahou.

Next you're going to tell us the Kingdom of Hawaii sold their own lands, Africans owned slaves, and the Civil War was really about state rights.

BTW, no one defended the attackers. Pretty sure everyone here knows racism is wrong.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yes.

Time elapsed before receiving cracks in self-proclaimed racist local enclave:

Mainland Haole buyer: 15 seconds
Brasileiro or Portagee buyer (a type of haole, but more obnoxious) 2 minutes
Pake Chinese (asking for discount): 3 minutes
Japoni (local or nihonjin) 5 minutes
Filipino (often try to pass off as Hawaiian, but not) 7 minutes
Korean (not that many yet, girls are pretty) 8 minutes
Vietnamese (hardly any yet, not sure if should give cracks) 10 minutes
This is good, and also what I love about Hawaii.

Reactions: steamroller and JSC

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Yeah, kind of like the black guy who went jogging in the white neighbourhood in Georgia and got shot by rednecks - but he didn't have the excuse of not knowing it was a whites-only neighbourhood as he had lived in the area his entire life.

So the white guy was an idiot for buying sight unseen in an ethnic Hawaiian area - is that a crime?

Everyone agreed that the killing of Ahmaud Arbery was a sickening racist crime, so why isn't ethnic Hawaiians attacking a haole considered the same violent racism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ahmaud_Arbery
I’m not sure anyone is saying it ISN’T a violent act of racism.

But there is a diff between going for a jog in broad daylight and getting gun downed by a bunch of dumb hicks and buying a property through a major legal process involving hundreds of thousands and not thinking to do your homework

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
puaena point was super Fun just now 15 minutes ago to guys out foiling and 2 Is outrigger canoes having A-blast

It's fun when you can actually fly circles around out rigger canoes that's awesome feeling
I never actually thought about foiling there. Guess the inside reform on the white water is prob prime foil spot

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
Screenshot_20220426-164641_Maps.jpg

you sit just inside the tabletop rocks get a chip shot To get airborne and hit a hard right turn before you hit the rock shelf and you're gone.... It's not a problem for anybody... surfers don't want that ...they want to catch them outside and run away so you're always sitting by yourself inside the tabletops even on their crowded days

Reactions: bluemarlin04

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
You misunderstood. I'm talking about the selling bank. A disclosure form is part of any property sale in the USA. Any normal buyer would have to be aware of the situation and couldn't get away with not disclosing it. A bank that owns the property after foreclosure apparently disclosed nothing on the basis that they don't know anything. I've bought a foreclosure before and understood that I wouldn't be getting the kind of information I would if dealing with a normal owner but this kind of situation is a disaster waiting to happen if the buyer is an idiot. I understood that I had to do a little more investigation when buying a foreclosure, this buyer apparently didn't.

its spooky how many people DONT make any attempt to learn about the property beforehand...a bunch of years ago i posted a question to the erBB about a house in my neighborhood that had a really nasty suicide... and went on the market super cheep so there were LOTS of people coming by to look at it like 5 -10 couples that i saw...only one person waved me down and asked about the history while i was cutting grass...i told them ...they were shocked the realtor and bank hadn't said a thing about it and ran away...later when i would see people scouting it with a realtor i would walk down and way and ask them if they had been told what was going on...nobody had been given any info...i quit when someone here said i should stop before i get sued by the realtors

but damn...at least ask some questions...ifnits super cheep theres usually a good reason

Reactions: JSC

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
its spooky how many people DONT make any attempt to learn about the property beforehand...a bunch of years ago i posted a question to the erBB about a house in my neighborhood that had a really nasty suicide... and went on the market super cheep so there were LOTS of people coming by to look at it like 5 -10 couples that i saw...only one person waved me down and asked about the history while i was cutting grass...i told them ...they were shocked the realtor and bank hadn't said a thing about it and ran away...later when i would see people scouting it with a realtor i would walk down and way and ask them if they had been told what was going on...nobody had been given any info...i quit when someone here said i should stop before i get sued by the realtors

but damn...at least ask some questions...ifnits super cheep theres usually a good reason
That is true, but as Random Guy mentioned, it is probably illegal to say anything about race or religion in the course of a property transaction - every state likely has different rules in the US, but it is incumbent on the buyer to do their due diligence before buying anything, which the haole buyer in east Maui clearly didn't do.

Don't like Mormons? Then you would want to know if the house you are buying in Ka'a'awa is a predominantly Mormon neighbourhood.

Dislike Tamil-speaking Indians? Then you would want to know if there will be many bloody Indian neighbours for your new flat in Singapore, so it is up to you to go and have a look.

Neither the property agent nor any bank personnel can, or should say anything -

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
I wonder if the Kahakuloa buyer will try to sue the selling bank to get out of it*. That will bring the conflict of seller's disclosure vs not mentioning race in front of the courts. When I've sold properties my agent has warned me to mention anything that could in any way be considered "material". The fact that you're definitely gonna get punched moments after arriving would be considered material by this buyer and any judge.

*That probably would have happened years ago.

Reactions: JSC

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
How about this: "well prospective buyer, I'd be failing my civic duties to not warn you that if you buy this property, you will suffer physical retributions by certain peoples of certain ethnicities, which ethnicities, by the way, I'm forbidden to mention by law."

"Yeah, that ought to sell me lots of properties and make me buko commissions Mr. Judge."

"We all gotta eat", said the realtor who was sued by the idiot who got punched in the face.

"Besides, many of my best life long friends I met during direct engagement in facial fist-i-cuffs".

:monkey::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey: