Hawaii- Done

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Basically, unless one can trace their descendants to being citizens of the Kingdom of Hawaii prior to January 17, 1893, and own land or a house in Hawaii, you are a transplant and living on stolen lands.
I can trace back to when they were citizens of kingdom in Hawaii working in Kohala. They owned a boarding house for immigrants.

But they never owned land cause I am not even sure who did back then. Never really researched it.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Basically, unless one can trace their descendants to being citizens of the Kingdom of Hawaii prior to January 17, 1893, and own land or a house in Hawaii, you are a transplant and living on stolen lands.
Thats not true. You can trace ones roots and not own land.

Waiehu

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 1, 2009
I can trace back to when they were citizens of kingdom in Hawaii working in Kohala. They owned a boarding house for immigrants.

But they never owned land cause I am not even sure who did back then. Never really researched it.
Agree, the criteria would be citizenship within the Kingdom of Hawaii and not land ownership. They were Citizens of the Kingdom of Hawaii prior to the Overthrow.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Came back from a 3 weeks on Kauai and spent a few more week in maui/kauai in January. I was surprised how rude many of the white tourists are. If I was a local I'd be fed up with that sh!t lol
I’d say 95% of tourists are cool, probably 99% if we had full Japanese arrivals, but damn that 1-5% is just leaves such bitter foot print.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
I heard that house was foreclosed by the bank. The bank sells to this guy and avoids all the usual disclosures a normal seller would have to make. The buyer is a clueless guy living on the Mainland and buying sight unseen. As soon as they arrive the brother of the owner who got foreclosed on shows up and chases him out.

My close (best?) friend who lives 2 doors over from me in Lahaina just bought one of the two water front properties in the other valley on Maui's NW side. He's part Hawaiian, born and raised Big Island, looks & talks local. Still, he walked around the valley talking to people to see if he'd be welcomed before putting in an offer. So far he's only brought me and one other friend up there and we're doing work to clean up the property, plant indigenous trees, and dig a taro loi. Basically showing face and making nice with the residents for a couple months before I bring a surfboard. We were just talking about this incident while working a week ago.

Waiehu

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 1, 2009
My reference to land ownership was as to current ownership in Hawaii, not to ownership within the Kingdom of Hawaii. If you have roots that go back to a citizen of the Kingdom, your current ownership of property does not fall under "stolen lands". If you own property in Hawaii and cannot trace your roots back to the Kingdom of Hawaii is the issue. If not a descendant, you are a Transplant, and as such, the "Stolen Lands" reference applies.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Agree, the criteria would be citizenship within the Kingdom of Hawaii and not land ownership. They were Citizens of the Kingdom of Hawaii prior to the Overthrow.
Through the Great Mahele one could be related to someone whose related to someone.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
My reference to land ownership was as to current ownership in Hawaii, not to ownership within the Kingdom of Hawaii. If you have roots that go back to a citizen of the Kingdom, your current ownership of property does not fall under "stolen lands". If you own property in Hawaii and cannot trace your roots back to the Kingdom of Hawaii is the issue. If not a descendant, you are a Transplant, and as such, the "Stolen Lands" reference applies.
I gotcha

Waiehu

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 1, 2009
Through the Great Mahele one could be related to someone whose related to someone.
Interesting that you mention the Great Mahele. Many say that the the Mahele of 1848 led to the commoners being cheated out of their one third share of their communal lands by the independent Sovereign Kingdom of Hawaii. The Maka'ainana ended up with less than 30,00 acres. This is less than one acre per person. The 250 Chiefs got over a million and one half acres. King Kamehameha III kept a million and a half acres. Close to another million and a half acres were considered Government lands. After the Great Mahele, over 95% of the land that was supposedly for the Mana'ainamana was owned by Foreigners.

Reactions: steamroller

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
didn't this come up a whole ago?...i think we already determined this guy is an idiot...

i have family from the south ...weve been driving around out there needing gas and stoped at a gas station out there and more than once ive said...nope...keep driving...my skin color is not right for out here...im a lot too dark

same thing when i go to Chicago...nope...not going to that part of town...im a lot too white

or lynwood ....compton....westside oahu!... does that guy not watch any tv or movies!?...idiot...

ive driven though kahakuloa and had the exact same feelings...of this is a really small tight knit community...everybody is family with everybody else...we can stop at the fruit stand and buy papayas but theres no way in hell im going to the beach uninvited...you do NOT just walk into someone's house and not give aloha to the mom...

whata duma$$

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bluemarlin04

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
Interesting that you mention the Great Mahele. Many say that the the Mahele of 1848 led to the commoners being cheated out of their one third share of their communal lands by the independent Sovereign Kingdom of Hawaii. The Maka'ainana ended up with less than 30,00 acres. This is less than one acre per person. The 250 Chiefs got over a million and one half acres. King Kamehameha III kept a million and a half acres. Close to another million and a half acres were considered Government lands. After the Great Mahele, over 95% of the land that was supposedly for the Mana'ainamana was owned by Foreigners.

the mahele screwed everybody ...except thr rich buisnessmen...luckily for me an ancestor was married to a haole who told the kupuna parents ...."get over to oahu right now and kau inoa"....sign your name...in the paper claiming your land...

"what the hell does sign mean" ... hawaiian has no written language...

"what the hell does 'claim your land' mean"...the cheif owns everything

"how the hell am i supposed to get to oahu"...

luckily ancestor that was a solid haole...got them over somehow and they got to hold onto the area they were living on...meanwhile castles&cook...alexanderBaldwin...Dole..
the big sugar conpanies and pineapple companies "claimed"everything else around...

yeah yeah we'll just push all those damn hawaiian savages to the westside or far eastside on ...reservations...except we'll call it "Hawaiian Homestean Lands" so it doesnt raise any red flags since the Trail Of Tears just happened and "reservation" is a bad word for now ...

buull$#!t

Last edited:

Waiehu

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 1, 2009
the mahele screwed everybody ...except thr rich buisnessmen...luckily for me an ancestor was married to a haole who told the kupuna parents ...."get over to oahu right now and kau inoa"....sign your name...in the paper claiming your land...

"what the hell does sign mean" ... hawaiian has no written language...

"what the hell does 'claim your land' mean"...the cheif owns everything

"how the hell am i supposed to get to oahu"...

luckily ancestor that was a solid haole...got them over somehow and they got to hold onto the area they were living on...meanwhile castles&cook...alexanderBaldwin...Dole..
the big sugar conpanies and pineapple companies "claimed"everything else around...

buull$#!t
Yep. Prior to the Mahele in 1848, there was no private ownership of Hawaiian lands. The King controlled all the Hawaiian lands in a feudal system. No individual Hawaiian owned land. The Hawaiian Kingdom wanted to encourage foreign investment in Hawaii. Investors were reluctant to invest, without private land ownership, And, as they say, the rest is history. Just prior to the end of the Monarchy, four out of five land owners were none Hawaiians, who controlled over one million acres. These non-Hawaiians purchased their properties from the government and the King.
A provision of the Kuleana Act of 1850 allowed for the purchase of land by the Maka'ainana for $.50 per acre. Ultimately another one million acres was purchased by the Maka'ainana.

Last edited:

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I've had a whole bunch of Toyota trucks throughout my life. I rebuilt a few of them and was really obsessed with the 4X4 Toyota scene. Don't get me wrong, they're great vehicles but people are fucking stupid for spending that amount of money on a used Toyota truck.

I had a lifted 88 that I sold in the mid 2000s when I joined the military and moved off island. Lifted single cab 4x4 truck with the 22RE. Sold it for $2800. I could probably get double that amount today. lol

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
I've had a whole bunch of Toyota trucks throughout my life. I rebuilt a few of them and was really obsessed with the 4X4 Toyota scene. Don't get me wrong, they're great vehicles but people are fucking stupid for spending that amount of money on a used Toyota truck.

I had a lifted 88 that I sold in the mid 2000s when I joined the military and moved off island. Lifted single cab 4x4 truck with the 22RE. Sold it for $2800. I could probably get double that amount today. lol

aren't all those keys chipped nowadays?...every once in awhile i see StolenStuffHawaii has a stolen tacoma...how the hell did the thieves get past the chiped key?...

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
aren't all those keys chipped nowadays?...every once in awhile i see StolenStuffHawaii has a stolen tacoma...how the hell did the thieves get past the chiped key?...
The newer ones are chipped.

If I had to guess it is thieves are either getting a dealer key that can bypass the starter ignition circuit or they just bust the steering column, put it in neutral and then tow it with another truck.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
didn't this come up a whole ago?...i think we already determined this guy is an idiot...

i have family from the south ...weve been driving around out there needing gas and stoped at a gas station out there and more than once ive said...nope...keep driving...my skin color is not right for out here...im a lot too dark

same thing when i go to Chicago...nope...not going to that part of town...im a lot too white

or lynwood ....compton....westside oahu!... does that guy not watch any tv or movies!?...idiot...

ive driven though kahakuloa and had the exact same feelings...of this is a really small tight knit community...everybody is family with everybody else...we can stop at the fruit stand and buy papayas but theres no way in hell im going to the beach uninvited...you do NOT just walk into someone's house and not give aloha to the mom...

whata duma$$
Kahakuloa is a one lane road from the cliff head to the second valley and winds thtough a small village. The only store being the banana stand , shave ice or uncle Willie selling weed. Being that the only other road off the westside is the Pali hwy, if the Pali gets shut down some folks try to squirm around the east side.

One time I tried it and got stuck in an insane grid lock. You couldnt turn around. You couldn't go forward. You couldn't go back ward. From the cliff head through the second valley.

The villagers having this not be their first barbecue sprung into action. Seriously sprung. They organized traffic directors within hand signal sight. Probably over 20 people. They moved us slowly shifting us into someones big grass yard and let some opposite direction through. They kept playing this game of leap frog till traffic cleared out. It was pretty amazing to see the cooperation involved. Ive never seen it since. I live a sheltered life

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
i think we already determined this guy is an idiot...
Yeah, kind of like the black guy who went jogging in the white neighbourhood in Georgia and got shot by rednecks - but he didn't have the excuse of not knowing it was a whites-only neighbourhood as he had lived in the area his entire life.

So the white guy was an idiot for buying sight unseen in an ethnic Hawaiian area - is that a crime?

Everyone agreed that the killing of Ahmaud Arbery was a sickening racist crime, so why isn't ethnic Hawaiians attacking a haole considered the same violent racism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ahmaud_Arbery