Has Chris Rock been canceled?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I would like to know specifically what you think is controversial.
Why, so you can tell me I'm a cuck?

If you read the article and didn't see anything a bit off about his comments, you are obviously fishing for a contrarian argument.

The article spells it out and I agree.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I don‘t really understand getting angry over a comedy routine.
Because some things he said to the press are not funny, it's not even a joke, it's just bitter and angry.

""In our country, you can shoot and kill a n*****," Chappelle says. "But you better not hurt a gay person's feelings."

And he's defending DaBaby :roflmao: homophobic bullshit.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Because some things he said to the press are not funny, it's not even a joke, it's just bitter and angry.

""In our country, you can shoot and kill a n*****," Chappelle says. "But you better not hurt a gay person's feelings."

And he's defending DaBaby :roflmao: homophobic bullshit.
Yes, he did. However you clearly missed the main point, which is that there was more outrage over DaBaby's comments than there was for the fact that he actually killed somebody, that happened to be a black person. Which fits the main theme of the entire show to a T.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
uh. whut? explain. this hsould be good.
I remember being in bars and guys starting to talk to me and they are being really friendly and I'm trying to sociable and I realized, Oh, it's a gay guy trying to pick up on me.

At the community college I took a music class and there was the gay teacher and the gay piano player. And the gay piano teacher really liked me and it was so bad I dropped the class.

There was a girl in the class who liked me too.

So many stories. . . .

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Yes, he did. However you clearly missed the main point, which is that there was more outrage over DaBaby's comments than there was for the fact that he actually killed somebody, that happened to be a black person. Which fits the main theme of the entire show to a T.
That's not what DC said.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That's not what DC said.
Did you watch the special? I watched it. DC specifically mentioned that DaBaby killed a guy in a WalMart, which may or may not have been in self defense. He said something along the lines of “you people are mad because of his comments towards gays but not that he killed somebody”.

I don’t recall the exact wording because I don’t have a transcript, and it probably has more offensive language thrown in, but that was the basic jist of it.

Reactions: Random Guy

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Did you watch the special? I watched it. DC specifically mentioned that DaBaby killed a guy in a WalMart, which may or may not have been in self defense. He said something along the lines of “you people are mad because of his comments towards gays but not that he killed somebody”.

I don’t recall the exact wording because I don’t have a transcript, and it probably has more offensive language thrown in, but that was the basic jist of it.
Yeah, in the special, that’s was clearly the point he was making

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Why, so you can tell me I'm a cuck?

If you read the article and didn't see anything a bit off about his comments, you are obviously fishing for a contrarian argument.

The article spells it out and I agree.
Your offense at whatever he said to offend is indefensible so you refuse to even try to state your position in your own words.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Your offense at whatever he said to offend is indefensible so you refuse to even try to state your position in your own words.
That's bullshit but to be expected of you.

What he said in his stand up wasn't a joke, it didn't sound like one, it was just a bitter rant, like all of his recent stand-ups. it was not funny to anyone except to people who are equally bitter about the gays, transgenders and women 'special treatment'.'.

This is a pointless discussion with you.

Like grapeboi, you love circular reasoning.

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That's bullshit but to be expected of you.

What he said in his stand up wasn't a joke, it didn't sound like one, it was just a bitter rant, like all of his recent stand-ups. it was not funny to anyone except to people who are equally bitter about the gays, transgenders and women 'special treatment'.'.

This is a pointless discussion with you.

Like grapeboi, you love circular reasoning.
You have a unique way of interpreting things in ways that nobody seems to agree with. My comment regarding DaBaby, case in point :trout: :roflmao:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
False consensus, circular reasoning... Do you ever get tired of all the logical fallacies you commit? :shrug:
Dave Chapelle made a statement very similar to the words I posted above. Maybe you missed it?

A couple other posters seem to remember, including RandomGuy, who if anything seems to lean more in your direction than Duffy's on these issues.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Yeah, I’m woke as fook, man
I'm afraid we are going to have to cancel you RG.

Do not use ‘man’ as the neutral term | European Institute for Gender Equality (europa.eu)

Do not use ‘man’ as the neutral term
The term man is sometimes used to describe the experience of all human beings.
However this practice ignores the experience of women as equal members of the human race and contributes to their omission from public life. It can have a real impact on their lives, for example if the word ’man’ is used throughout a job advert a woman may be less likely to apply.
You should not use ‘man’ to refer to the experiences of all people.
You cretin you.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

Yes that's the part that's really stupid and offensive.

When you kill somebody, we have laws that deal with that.

What normal person gets angry and outraged because criminals do criminal things?

That's what they do and we have laws that deal with it.
That's not a cause for outrage.
Maybe if he got away with the crime, it would be?
Like BJ Baldwin and Zimmerman who you defended until blue in the face.

But when a person in position of influence and status makes homophobic comments and get celebrated for it, that's a different story. Of course that will cause a stir because these people always get way with it and continue to influence and spread their bullshit..