Has anyone here ever lived in a home worth $1,000,000 or more?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Inside climate-controlled cars/offices doesn't count.
Less than half of what I was doing then

We can dick measure all day long but just rest assured I've been around the whole country in every season and dealt with the elements. I've had swamp ass and near-frostbite

Everyone here talking about the value for the cost is simply attempting to justify why they pay so much to live here

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

We can dick measure all day long but just rest assured I've been around the whole country in every season and dealt with the elements. I've had swamp ass and near-frostbite

Everyone here talking about the value for the cost is simply attempting to justify why they pay so much to live here
Isn't that part of every cost/benefit analysis?

You take it for granted. And hey if you prefer Salisbury Steak to a nice porterhouse, well, that's your perogative.

Meanwhile, there is no wind at all, surf is overhead with almost no one out. A little closed but some corners.

Can't get that in Nebraska.

See ya.

Take 10 million with you.

Reactions: $kully and Havoc

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Isn't that part of every cost/benefit analysis?

You take it for granted. And hey if you prefer Salisbury Steak to a nice porterhouse, well, that's your perogative.

Meanwhile, there is no wind at all, surf is overhead with almost no one out. A little closed but some corners.

Can't get that in Nebraska.

See ya.

Take 10 million with you.
And I have about as much chance of getting that taking a couple trips a year somewhere as I do actually living here.

Cost-benefit analysis

BTW Fcuk Nebraska too :)

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

No point in you moving anywhere else Ifall. It won't make you happy.

Everywhere you go, you will still be there

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
People in other parts of the country have big-ass houses largely b/c the weather is shitty most of the time and you spend a lot of time indoors. Places like CA and HI generally have nice weather and being outside is enjoyable, so we are content with our million-dollar crackerboxes.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

Fukkin leave already.

I just dawn patrolled my local and got a dozen overhead waves before the crowds arrived.

Have fun in western Kansas!:drowning:

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Mountains, deserts, hiking, biking are all available anywhere else in the American West. With a house to go home to that costs half of what it does here, with gas that costs half, with less of a tax burden, and a job that pays less, yes, but not so much less that you don't feel the sting of cost of living

And the downsides aren't just in Southern California where I live now or where I used to live. They're in all of California in every region.

You can justify it to yourself all day long, and honestly I'm 90% not going anywhere, but that's not going to change the fact, not opinion, that it is too expensive here
10% says leave! Idaho?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Triggered

The fact that you're so bothered by someone not gushing over California simply shows how much you're justifying it to yourself and you know better deep down

Religious devotion to a place is pretty ugly. This is basically an in-country version of the brand of toxic nationalism that we all decry

This is you- 1575827184392.png

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Triggered

The fact that you're so bothered by someone not gushing over California simply shows how much you're justifying it to yourself and you know better deep down

Religious devotion to a place is pretty ugly. This is basically an in-country version of the brand of toxic nationalism that we all decry

This is you- View attachment 83367
Hell Yeah!

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Triggered

This is you- View attachment 83367
Oh please. You claim all the time that you're more of a Californian than an American.

I don't think anyone's scrambling to justify living here. More like recognizing the fact that it's better here than just about anywhere else in the country.

And it was hollow and glassy this morning. Almost no one out. But quite closed out. There were some corners though. Got a few until got caught inside and tangled in trash kelp. Had to ditch under a wave and that was the end of my beloved 6'6". I hate myself for snapping it that way but board had been on last legs for a couple years at least.