Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
tell us more about statues

tell us more about tourism

tell us more about hand to hand combat

tell us more about command economies
I've said my piece ad nauseum

Just because i don't kowtow to your insane takes doesn't mean i'm walking away

I LOVE that you mentioned your handwringing Karen hand to hand combat sh!t again :roflmao:

And wtf was ever talking about tourism?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I've said my piece ad nauseum

Just because i don't kowtow to your insane takes doesn't mean i'm walking away

I LOVE that you mentioned your handwringing Karen hand to hand combat sh!t again :roflmao:

And wtf was ever talking about tourism?
yeah, I'm the one with insane takes...

you're schtick is so fkn boring and dumb

you haven't explained why what is clearly hand to hand combat is NOT hand to hand combat

I'm here for that!...it's sure to be an awesome exercise in stupidity

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
House members from Georgia are 1000% irrelevant to any of us
It's not my fault Phoenix is irrelevant and therefore doesn't have six Georgia counties as part of its media market.

I have to sit through political ads all day long. Thank heavens MTG is in the other end of the state, and quite possibly in the Chattanooga media market.

Git gud n00b.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot and afoaf

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I like the loaded language you added there for extra affect - "kicked...execution style"
Yes- when you force someone to sit down on the ground in a submissive position to set them up for an assault, I'd say that counts as execution style. But I guess it doesn't count because he survived :unsure: :roflmao:

do you remember how/why the portland protests started? and do you remember why they persisted for so long?
Do you? Seems like they use whatever moral crisis d' jour they can as an excuse. If it really had to do with George Floyd, why did these protests persist their for so much longer than every other place, despite it being one of the whitest cities in the country?

do you know the facts of the Haner case...?....the guy chose to put himself in a really bad position in the middle of a fkn riot and things went sideways...he tried to run some people down with his truck!
Relevance?

you take something superficially favorable to your argument, inflate it, and then beat it to fkn death
Not really. I'm using real life examples of asshole behavior that leftists apologized for and used limpdick moral licensing arguments to justify, just like you are in your recent tldr surfdoge rants. This one especially, I think this is your longest post to date, by miles :roflmao:

the 2020 summer riots were the result of a string of police shootings....there were like 10 different people killed that year or prior who were memorialized with protests.
Many of which had plenty of gray area and a fair amount of guilt, and often violent behavior, that led to the shooting. What happened to George Floyd was an anomoly and especially disgusting and egregious, which in combination with people pent up during the early days of the pandemic, was basically the perfect storm for unrest.

and then, on top of that, the cops kept doing sh!t like this at the protests:

no one is denying that. no one is cheering that. no one is
excusing that.
The "Mostly peaceful protest" trope was created by CNN actively trying to downplay the riots while there was a 10 story high fire in the background.
we KNOW there were white nationalist agitators false flagging the riots with violence and property damage, as well as the fact that the police themselves were guilty of continued escalation at many protests around the country...all of which adds up to a giant sh!t sandwich which you want to only hold the left responsible for, without honest acknowledgement that there were multiple forces at play.
Of course there was. What I doubt is that more of the deaths during the riots were the results of white nationalists as you seem to be implying.

Please stop fkn talking about him.
You are the one who topped my comment, not me :trout:

Reactions: kpd73

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yes- when you force someone to sit down on the ground in a submissive position to set them up for an assault, I'd say that counts as execution style. But I guess it doesn't count because he survived :unsure: :roflmao:
Where do they execute people with kicks, other than Chucknorrisstan? Are there search terms I can pop into LiveLeak to see this hype ish? Sounds dank!

You are the one who topped my comment, not me :trout:
True that. Afoaf mounting your comments like a Portland lumberjack at a WeHo twink party.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It's not my fault Phoenix is irrelevant and therefore doesn't have six Georgia counties as part of its media market.

I have to sit through political ads all day long. Thank heavens MTG is in the other end of the state, and quite possibly in the Chattanooga media market.

Git gud n00b.
Irrelevant?

#11 vs #43...

:dancing:

You would love our ads "THIS WOMAN DOESN'T HATE IMMIGRANTS ENOUGH AND VOTED FOR OBAMA!"

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
except that is not what happened and you won't find any reporting anywhere to that effect

Do you? Seems like they use whatever moral crisis d' jour they can as an excuse. If it really had to do with George Floyd, why did these protests persist their for so much longer than every other place, despite it being one of the whitest cities in the country?
LOL WUT?

the only people who could protest were non-whites? whites can't protest police violence?

and, further...you don't think the whiteness had anything to do with it!?

given the Malheur guys and all the State of Jefferson sh!t in norcal/soorg that there is a very big anti-government bent to the citizens of that state....this is why it ratcheted up so severely when the Feds came in....the fkn Governor told the feds to GTFO!

it's worth nothing that there were additional protests beyond G Floyd...in memorium for people killed by Portland PD prior

Relevance?
you're whinging about a guy getting kicked in the head without looking at how he came to be in that situation.....the guy drove his car in to a group of people he says were assaulting someone....sorry, but even if we ignore the fact that this guy is driving around late at night near the well-known (to him) protest zone, he then used his vehicle as a weapon...justified or not...and the crowd got right on him...because protestors have been victimized by people in vehicles before. situational context is super important.

this is why I am griefing you for the hyperbole...if you look at all the facts, it's a murky situation and not a cut and dry "execution style" attack.

Not really. I'm using real life examples of asshole behavior that leftists apologized for and used limpdick moral licensing arguments to justify, just like you are in your recent tldr surfdoge rants. This one especially, I think this is your longest post to date, by miles :roflmao:
are you trying to insult me because I'm using words to explain my case?

weird flex

sometimes a complex argument requires more than one sentence; I endeavor to be clear

limpdick moral licensing vs. hyperbolic and hysterical whinging....the difference is that I'm here defending my "limpdick" argument reasonably.

Many of which had plenty of gray area and a fair amount of guilt, and often violent behavior, that led to the shooting. What happened to George Floyd was an anomoly and especially disgusting and egregious, which in combination with people pent up during the early days of the pandemic, was basically the perfect storm for unrest.
wowowowowo.....we're rationalizing extra-judicial killings by police because....why?

can you name one person that deserved to be killed by the police in 2020 without due process?

The "Mostly peaceful protest" trope was created by CNN actively trying to downplay the riots while there was a 10 story high fire in the background.
is this what you call 10 story high fire?

I see cars on fire....once again, caught in an unnecessary exaggeration.

why?

Of course there was. What I doubt is that more of the deaths during the riots were the results of white nationalists as you seem to be implying.
known unknowns

stop talking about it like it's a known known, please

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
except that is not what happened and you won't find any reporting anywhere to that effect
LOL, the videos clearly show the "protestors" pushing the guy to the ground into a seated and submissive position, then some other asshole sucker kicks him in the head.

If you are going to expect the public and authorities to kid glove these protests because they are for some higher moral cause, then that movement has to own the disgusting crap like this as well.

the only people who could protest were non-whites? whites can't protest police violence?
Strawman much? Of course not. My point is that if Portland were protests were purely for racial justice, then why would we not see even more prolonged protests in cities with higher numbers of blacks?

Do you honestly think that it was all about racial justice for 100+ days? Seems that these were anti-establishment/anarchist protests first and foremost.

given the Malheur guys and all the State of Jefferson sh!t in norcal/soorg that there is a very big anti-government bent to the citizens of that state....this is why it ratcheted up so severely when the Feds came in....the fkn Governor told the feds to GTFO!
The Feds had every right to go in there after giving the local and state authorities several weeks to get their act together and stop the attacks on the federal courthouse. Their tactics probably crossed some lines, which I don't support.

it's worth nothing that there were additional protests beyond G Floyd...in memorium for people killed by Portland PD prior
Great, feel free to pull up the details of those shootings if you think they were so unjust and worthy of 100 days of trying to light a courthouse and the mayors condo building on fire.

you're whinging about a guy getting kicked in the head without looking at how he came to be in that situation.....the guy drove his car in to a group of people he says were assaulting someone.....
Where did you read that, Mother Jones? I've checked a few sources (WaPo, Guardian) and there is no mention of him using his own car as a weapon. There is however video of him actually trying to help a transperson who was being assaulted by some goons shortly before. And driving away from an angry mob, which is certainly justified.

are you trying to insult me because I'm using words to explain my case?
No, I'm not trying to insult you. What you are doing IMO is doing the same kind of thing that ifallalot does in regards to 1/6. You are basically playing damage control for all the bad sh!t that went down . . . . just like the media did.

wowowowowo.....we're rationalizing extra-judicial killings by police because....why?
Strawman . . . Again. Nowhere am I saying that. What I am saying is that these cases tend to be complex and create a situation where a potentially lethal response ***could*** be justified. Michael Brown, Rashard Brooks, and several others who have been held up as victims all committed serious acts of aggression that led to their demise, yet were all portrayed as victims and the police were murderers.

can you name one person that deserved to be killed by the police in 2020 without due process?
Of course not . . . See above. You are strawman'ing hard. There's no time for due process when someone is pointing a tazer at you or trying to pull your gun from your holster.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it's not a strawman, I'm simply restating your words and asking you to clarify because at first blush some of these statements warrant clarification

he said he was using his vehicle in an attempt to break up an attack on another person

the video with audio is embedded in some of those articles...he's on the ground after being beat and surrounded...I don't think it's material to the discussion going forward, but I disagree with your characterization(s)

protests go on for 100 days because the entire state is anti-government leftists and anti-government rightists, race is germane only in the sense that the anti-government right in Oregon is large and lily fkn white

let me be crystal clear on the record:

I unequivocally find the 1/6 riots, the fraudulent elector conspiracy, the attempt to pressure Pence to seat those fake electors, and the attempt of the Trump and non-government-pro-Trump **patriot** contingent to discredit the 2020 election and generally destabilize democratic processes in the united states as VASTLY more concerning than Portland + CHAZ + Kenosha (yes, all three combined)

one presents a clear and present threat to the democratic process nationwide and, frankly, still feels like an ongoing threat to our republic

the Summer of George Floyd mayhem does not present the same threat to America and Americans as a whole, past, present, or future.

you can argue more people died across the country and property damage was higher, but we're talking about nearly 8,000 protests just between May and August 2020 in the 50 states

as a fun thought exercise...multiply the number of deaths, injuries, arrests, and property damage from January 6th and extrapolate that out EIGHT THOUSAND TIMES....

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
it's not a strawman, I'm simply restating your words and asking you to clarify because at first blush some of these statements warrant clarification
You jumping to the conclusion that I am supporting extrajudicial killing, by me simply stating that many of those cases were far more complex and involved actions on behalf of the person shot that could justifiably warrant a forceful response, is quite a leap.

he said he was using his vehicle in an attempt to break up an attack on another person
All I see are a list of google links, I'm not going to comb through them. If you have an actual quote with link, great, I will stand corrected.

protests go on for 100 days because the entire state is anti-government leftists and anti-government rightists, race is germane only in the sense that the anti-government right in Oregon is large and lily fkn white
Ok, so I think we agree that these were not racial justice protests in the same sense that the other protests directly after George Floyd's killing were?

I unequivocally find the 1/6 riots, the fraudulent elector conspiracy, the attempt to pressure Pence to seat those fake electors, and the attempt of the Trump and non-government-pro-Trump **patriot** contingent to discredit the 2020 election and generally destabilize democratic processes in the united states as VASTLY more concerning than Portland + CHAZ + Kenosha (yes, all three combined)
I agree, especially given the national security concerns, safe transfer of power, democracy, etc. I've said plenty of times here that I would've had no problem with the 1/6 idiots being given a fair warning that they would've gotten shot had the passed a certain threshold, and getting shot had they did, which is no different than any other secure government facility.

What you are forgetting is that most of my posting on the topic was done during the time that it was happening, not since 1/6, so I'm not sure it's really fair to invalidate postings made before 1/6 by using 1/6 as a comparison? What I said then and continue to say now is that the left leaning media was actively engaged in downplaying all the violence and regressive aspects of the post floyd protests that turned violent. One can and should be disgusted with both.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I gave you a stack of referential material...and you walked away from it. the point was that the mention of him using his vehicle to intervene and then being dragged from it after he crashed it is stated in pretty much every article I read about it and is in many of the search results I listed.

THIS IS PRECISELY THE TYPE OF SUPERFICIALITY THAT I HAVE BEEN GRIEFING YOU FOR

portland goes beyond anti-police-brutality....my take is that it is two sides, generally opposed, fighting a common enemy - the government.

the entire system has a vested interest in maintaining status quo which is why subversion of that magnitude may not ever be reported upon honestly in mainstream media

1645633745550.png

the siege of portland consisted of public parks and the courthouse....scale matters, too

Reactions: plasticbertrand