Fly United and you might get your ass kicked

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
grapedrink said:
Bear in mind, without government protections, the company you work for could force you to work 20 hour days, 7 days a week with no financial compensation. Your children would also have to work in sweat shops for 16 hours a week for slave wages. I can call Nike if you want, put you and family on a plane to Malaysia and you'd be right in your free market utopia, put your money right where your mouth is.
Seriously :roflmao: Republicans are some of the biggest ingrates I've ever met :rolleyes: The fact that you get to go home after an 8 hour day with weekends and paid holidays is the result of unions and government intervention in labor laws.

Haven't we seen what happens enough times when we don't regulate adequately :confused2: They basically get carte blanche to screw over consumers and cry fowl at any hint of regulation. Then they screw us and leaving us holding the bag, while they get a golden parachute.

Good thing they have Faux News and people like GromsDad in their corner :rolleyes: :roflmao:
I say we deport all the illegal immigrants and then enslave the Republicans to take over their jobs. We have the voter rolls so they'll be easy to identify. Pay them in chitlins and whippings. And just to **** them off further, we'll make sure all their overseers are black. You know they won't cry to the government. :cookin:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
GromsDad said:
Kento said:
GromsDad said:
grapedrink said:
GromsDad said:
And guess what, we are all going to pay more to fly thanks to this asshole.
Calm down, the settlement won't be that big :rolleyes: :roflmao:
Not just the settlement.....it will be the additional cost burden due to new government regulations or business practice changes that will come as a result. Guess what, if they are no longer allowed to overtbook, that will come down as an additional cost on every airline ticket.
Do you think corporations should be given unlimited power and not held in check whatsoever?
Face it every additional cost or regulation put on corporations by government simply gets passed along to consumers in the form of higher prices and increased hassles. I'd rather just let the free market figure things out.
Is using a public institution i.e. The police part of your idea of less government regulation on corporations?

Do you really trust private entities to do the right thing if left to their own devices? Even after watching these videos?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I bet you GromsDad has a shrine to Bill Lumberg to which he performs ritual sacrifices of red staplers.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
FecalFace said:
What happened here is the product of the free market dummy.

United is consistently voted as the shittiest airline in the world and they are still making billions in profits. Why would they get better?
Free market didn't do sh!t for improving airlines.

Why do you think that there's only 4 shitty airlines that keep buying and retiring all the competition?

Consumer protection laws don't exist in this country.
You sure government didn't create a situation in which there are only a few large carriers and very limited competition? That's how government traditionally rigs things.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Gross is on the case again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_Deregulation_Act

The retards are out in full force today!

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:
What happened here is the product of the free market dummy.

United is consistently voted as the shittiest airline in the world and they are still making billions in profits. Why would they get better?
Free market didn't do sh!t for improving airlines.

Why do you think that there's only 4 shitty airlines that keep buying and retiring all the competition?

Consumer protection laws don't exist in this country.
You sure government didn't create a situation in which there are only a few large carriers and very limited competition? That's how government traditionally rigs things.
Of course the government did it - by deregulating the airline industry and letting the free market fvck the consumer. :poke:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
GromsDad said:
Turns out the guy was fishing for a lawsuit......even threatened it beforehand. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

[video:youtube]Dk2Y_VL5e7s[/video]
First rule of Fight Club is to not talk about Flight Club

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Mr Doof said:
GromsDad said:
Turns out the guy was fishing for a lawsuit......even threatened it beforehand. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

[video:youtube]Dk2Y_VL5e7s[/video]
First rule of Fight Club is to not talk about Flight Club

I will do it if I only have to fight girls.

They can't be tough ones either.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
the janitor said:
per Doof's post, we all need to be prepared for this new normal, this may help

I love BJJ. We were made for each other but I am so fragile now.

I need to do a class at a senior citizens home so I am the top dog.

You wanna roll grandma?