Fly United and you might get your ass kicked

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Of course the 4 staff members could have gotten in a rental car and driven the 5 hours to Louisville. For a flight that was not even overbooked in the first place. This was a major fail on United's part :foreheadslap:

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
Dude is going to get PAID.

Whip me, beat me, write me a BIG check.

I'm flying United.

:jam_on:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
How do police control order when it pays for people not to follow the rules?

What if everyone doesn't follow the rules?

The guy baited the cops into over reacting.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
GromsDad said:
Turns out the guy was fishing for a lawsuit......even threatened it beforehand. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

[video:youtube]Dk2Y_VL5e7s[/video]
Good for him.

Get paid nigga!

C.R.E.A.M

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
GromsDad said:
Turns out the guy was fishing for a lawsuit......even threatened it beforehand. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

[video:youtube]Dk2Y_VL5e7s[/video]
Your referring to united playing stupid games I hope. What more can the guy do? He calmly on the phone stated his case that he couldn't take a later flight. His only leverage is to threaten lawsuit which is damn deserved. Guy is not at all fishing for a lawsuit, it's called leverage and his only option to keep the seat he paid for.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
grapedrink said:
GromsDad said:
And guess what, we are all going to pay more to fly thanks to this asshole.
Calm down, the settlement won't be that big :rolleyes: :roflmao:
Not just the settlement.....it will be the additional cost burden due to new government regulations or business practice changes that will come as a result. Guess what, if they are no longer allowed to overtbook, that will come down as an additional cost on every airline ticket.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
GromsDad said:
grapedrink said:
GromsDad said:
Not just the settlement.....it will be the additional cost burden due to new government regulations or business practice changes that will come as a result. Guess what, if they are no longer allowed to overtbook, that will come down as an additional cost on every airline ticket.
Do you think corporations should be given unlimited power and not held in check whatsoever?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Kento said:
GromsDad said:
grapedrink said:
GromsDad said:
Do you think corporations should be given unlimited power and not held in check whatsoever?
Face it every additional cost or regulation put on corporations by government simply gets passed along to consumers in the form of higher prices and increased hassles. I'd rather just let the free market figure things out.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
GromsDad said:
Kento said:
GromsDad said:
grapedrink said:
GromsDad said:
Face it every additional cost or regulation put on corporations by government simply gets passed along to consumers in the form of higher prices and increased hassles. I'd rather just let the free market figure things out.
Doesn't work that way. You end up with greed, collusion, and price fixing which screw over the customer even further.

Unless of course you really want to end government intervention completely and let foreign carriers take part in our free market with no restrictions, offer better services (which they already generally do), and completely bankrupt US-based airlines. Hell, why stop at airlines?

You have this huge issue with big government but have no problem with big corporate. Don't you find that a bit odd? The former at least tries to make things fair and safe for the consumer, even if inefficient at times. The latter has no problem fucking you over all for the almighty dollar and nothing else.

Bear in mind, without government protections, the company you work for could force you to work 20 hour days, 7 days a week with no financial compensation. Your children would also have to work in sweat shops for 16 hours a week for slave wages. I can call Nike if you want, put you and family on a plane to Malaysia and you'd be right in your free market utopia, put your money right where your mouth is.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
How do you manage to twist your little brain into a pretzel like that, to believe that this guy is an asshole and blame him for UNITED charging you more money?

:foreheadslap:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
Kento said:
GromsDad said:
grapedrink said:
GromsDad said:
What happened here is the product of the free market dummy.

United is consistently voted as the shittiest airline in the world and they are still making billions in profits. Why would they get better?
Free market didn't do sh!t for improving airlines.

Why do you think that there's only 4 shitty airlines that keep buying and retiring all the competition?

Consumer protection laws don't exist in this country.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
GromsDad said:
grapedrink said:
GromsDad said:
Oh no, new government regulations that might actually make flying more pleasant :confused2: :roflmao:

I'll gladly pay a few more bucks to guarantee I'm not going to get booted off a plane. Airlines have had free reign for years. Packing in more seats, charging for checked bags, generally doing everything within their power to screw the passengers. Profits soar, while fares remain unchanged, even with fuel costs at record lows.

All the things you bitched about in one of these threads is the result of airlines fighting over pennies, and actually costs us more money in other ways. Take checked bags for example. That creates more work for TSA agents having to screen more bags, so while you are standing in that evergrowing line, your tax dollars are hard at work while the airlines make more money.

Fookin hell you are like an action figure with a pullcord that recites rightwing talking points :sleeping:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Bear in mind, without government protections, the company you work for could force you to work 20 hour days, 7 days a week with no financial compensation. Your children would also have to work in sweat shops for 16 hours a week for slave wages. I can call Nike if you want, put you and family on a plane to Malaysia and you'd be right in your free market utopia, put your money right where your mouth is.
Seriously :roflmao: Republicans are some of the biggest ingrates I've ever met :rolleyes: The fact that you get to go home after an 8 hour day with weekends and paid holidays is the result of unions and government intervention in labor laws.

Haven't we seen what happens enough times when we don't regulate adequately :confused2: They basically get carte blanche to screw over consumers and cry fowl at any hint of regulation. Then they screw us and leaving us holding the bag, while they get a golden parachute.

Good thing they have Faux News and people like GromsDad in their corner :rolleyes: :roflmao:

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
So, the fake news (?) stories about the doctor report he lost two front teeth, a broken nose, a concussion and some other injuries. He is Vietnamese (one of the boat people), has to deal with the negative press that United would surely deny having a hand in airing.

I don't know, the clip with audio from a passenger sitting directly behind him support reports he was on his mobile talking to a United CSR trying to keep from being removed (in what sounded like a calm but pleading voice). The plane was not 'over sold' as reported until United ignited the incident by trying to remove the passengers so their staff could fly to their next destination.

None of the US airlines are really that good although a few are better than others. I booked 4.5 million air miles on American and I hate them to this day but choices have to be made. I'm glad I retired and can now fly when I want to, not when demands required going into the not so friendly skies.