Electoral College

MJOJunkie

Michael Peterson status
Jan 4, 2015
Socal Bight
GDaddy said:
^^ not helpful at all to this discussion.

Fu ck this discussion.

He is a hacker pedophile and deserves prison.

A baseball bat to the knees and head would help him.

Preferably the head about a dozen or so times.

The Oceanside police have been notified of his crimes.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I wouldn't recommend expressing anything that might be construed as a physical threat. That's the kind of thing that gets people banned around here.

This is just the internet. There's not much that can happen here that's worth actually getting angry about. Have a beer. Have another one for me if you like. Just don't get mad. There ain't no future in that.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Was a bit dubious of the EC at times, but now that I've looked at both sides of the argument, I wouldn't want a handful of highly populated large states to have full say in how the country as a whole is run.

And many may not remember, but states like California were Republican strongholds up to and including 1988. The period between Truman (1948) and Clinton (1992) voted Repub for POTUS every election except JFK. Those were the golden glory days of the California Republic. Since then, illegal immigration (mostly poor) and a large influx of rich/wealthy elitist east coast and Chicago/midwest transplants changed the face of both SF and metro/coastal LA dramatically. All wanting to buy a piece of the California dream at any cost (driving up crazy home prices). We're stuck with what we got now. We'll soon become a west coast version of the I-95 corridor before too long I fear. Even the R hold-outs like the OC and SD are becoming D controlled with urbanized suburbs soaking it up.

Can it happen again? Probably not for decades, if ever, I'm afraid. But if the Dems run California into the ground, succeeding in driving most middle class employing businesses out, leaving only the rich and those that "service" them, it might turn around if your kids get fed up and wise to it.

But, those in power will probably want to keep it that way. I hope you're children can afford to live here and not work 3 jobs at McD's, Starbucks and Walmart to squeak out a living? The few good paying jobs to afford the ever increasing rents and home prices will only be put up with for so long. :shrug:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
For the 50th time in this thread, stop thinking sectionally and think as an American.

Congress is there to balance out the "tyranny" of the more populated states. If a minority thinks that their ideas are better than majority, then the onus is on them to convince more people to vote for their polices.

Back to sectional thinking, if the taker states want to get affirmative action so their voters count more than the maker states, then they need to give up the federal funding surplus they receive by taking from us maker states. Fucking welfare queens

Oh yeah while were on the pointless tack of comparing todays parties and ideological splits to those of yesterday, Ronnie Raygun was a union head and a Democrat until it became politically advantageous to cater to the "silent majority"

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
MJOJunkie said:
GDaddy said:

Fu ck this discussion.

Quoted so the insanity gets preserved for tomorrow when you get down from whatever strain of heroin you are on.

Holy sh!t.

Itriggeralot

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 16, 2015
Coney Island
MJOJunkie said:
GDaddy said:

Fu ck this discussion.

Is Stu off his meds again??!!! :monkey:

Itriggeralot

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 16, 2015
Coney Island
Surfdog said:
Was a bit dubious of the EC at times, but now that I've looked at both sides of the argument, I wouldn't want a handful of highly populated large states to have full say in how the country as a whole is run.

And many may not remember, but states like California were Republican strongholds up to and including 1988. The period between Truman (1948) and Clinton (1992) voted Repub for POTUS every election except JFK. Those were the golden glory days of the California Republic. Since then, illegal immigration (mostly poor) and a large influx of rich/wealthy elitist east coast and Chicago/midwest transplants changed the face of both SF and metro/coastal LA dramatically. All wanting to buy a piece of the California dream at any cost (driving up crazy home prices). We're stuck with what we got now. We'll soon become a west coast version of the I-95 corridor before too long I fear. Even the R hold-outs like the OC and SD are becoming D controlled with urbanized suburbs soaking it up.

Can it happen again? Probably not for decades, if ever, I'm afraid. But if the Dems run California into the ground, succeeding in driving most middle class employing businesses out, leaving only the rich and those that "service" them, it might turn around if your kids get fed up and wise to it.

But, those in power will probably want to keep it that way. I hope you're children can afford to live here and not work 3 jobs at McD's, Starbucks and Walmart to squeak out a living? The few good paying jobs to afford the ever increasing rents and home prices will only be put up with for so long. :shrug:
Of course you were dubious "before" but now that your boy Donnie has won you love it!!

You keep whining on and on about how awful progressive/democratically controlled California is. Please move then. Kansas is doing quite well I hear with there Republican experiment :monkey:

(CA has problems for sure, but to solely attribute them to democrats is dumb. Just you politicizing things.)

MJOJunkie

Michael Peterson status
Jan 4, 2015
Socal Bight
FecalFace said:
MJOJunkie said:
GDaddy said:

Fu ck this discussion.

Quoted so the insanity gets preserved for tomorrow when you get down from whatever strain of heroin you are on.

Holy sh!t.
fu ck off

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:
Congress is there to balance out the "tyranny" of the more populated states.
So is the electoral college.
Nope. The electoral college ensures that the populated maker/producer/winner states are always beholden to the whims of the poor taker retard states

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:
Nope. The electoral college ensures that the populated maker/producer/winner states are always beholden to the whims of the poor taker retard states
I'm not sure the EC needs to go, but the EC votes need to be better balanced. On a per capita basis, there's no reason for Iowa to count more than California.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:
GromsDad said:
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:
I wonder if all you tards would be supporting the Electoral College if cuntbag had won by electoral votes and Trump had won the popular.

At least I'm consistent in knowing that it needs to be destroyed
I think the problem for them is that it's gone majority loss the same way twice in the past 5 elections.

Stop to consider why that happens. Do you really want people who live like this to determine who is our president simply because a sh!t-ton of them are cramped into living in such shitty places and because democraps can entice them to vote against the makers in this country. These people have no perspective on the rest of the country. You think these assholes are ever going to vote against free stuff?

So in another words what you're saying is that the votes of the poor and mostly minority communities of this country shouldn't count, am I right?
No. I'm saying large concentrations of city dwellers (assholes) shouldn't determine policy for everyone else who live in less concentrated places.
Why? And all you're suggesting is that people who live in less concentrated areas should dictate policy for everyone who lives in urban areas despite being a minority of voters.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GDaddy said:
Uhhh, I didn't cast a vote for president. I don't think the tree did, either. My guess is that a lot more dead people voted in this election than trees, and it still wasn't enough.

So technically I'm not part of the F-U vote against HRC. Despite my personal opinions of her.
The easy way out - "I didn't vote, so don't blame me." Lame.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I said all along that I didn't think Trump have what it takes to effectively govern and I've been saying for years how much I despise a certain fkg cuunt and she's the only politician I'd actively vote against - so I abstained. Chickensht, I know, but I live in California so my state's EC votes were locked up prior to the primaries.

Meaning whether I did or didn't vote it would have been immaterial to the result except to dogpile on the F-U vote that so many people are already uber pissed about.

I'm sure there are a lot of people in every single state who also realized there was no point in adding to their respective supermajorities or superminorities, but who would likely feel differently if the popular vote was the thing.

As for the EC, I think that at a mininum the states should be more balanced. If California has almost 13% of the nation's population then giving it only 10.2% of the EC votes can create problems - like this one. If the EC was repealed it wouldn't scuff my feelings at all.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GDaddy said:
I said all along that I didn't think Trump have what it takes to effectively govern and I've been saying for years how much I despise a certain fkg cuunt and she's the only politician I'd actively vote against - so I abstained. Chickensht, I know, but I live in California so my state's EC votes were locked up prior to the primaries.

Meaning whether I did or didn't vote it would have been immaterial to the result except to dogpile on the F-U vote that so many people are already uber pissed about.

I'm sure there are a lot of people in every single state who also realized there was no point in adding to their respective supermajorities or superminorities, but who would likely feel differently if the popular vote was the thing.

As for the EC, I think that at a mininum the states should be more balanced. If California has almost 13% of the nation's population then giving it only 10.2% of the EC votes can create problems - like this one. If the EC was repealed it wouldn't scuff my feelings at all.
That's fine on an individual level, but when millions of people do the same it f*cks up the election. "I don't really count" is a bullsh(t way out. For all your opinions, you truly mean nothing to America today.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
StuAzole said:
That's fine on an individual level, but when millions of people do the same it f*cks up the election. "I don't really count" is a bullsh(t way out.
Actually no, his vote literally doesn't count.

He is a CA conservative.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:
I'm not sure the EC needs to go, but the EC votes need to be better balanced. On a per capita basis, there's no reason for Iowa to count more than California.
Iowa only has 6 electoral votes while California has 55. Turn it around and use your logic.......why should Hillary have gotten 55 electoral votes for California while Trump only got 6 for winning Iowa?

For all the crying and whining by the left, electoral votes are by and large based on population. You get 1 electoral vote for each member of the House of Representatives and 2 for your state's Senators. It works out to one electoral vote per 711,000 people in your state. If your population grows you gain electoral votes accordingly and if your population shrinks you lose them accordingly. That's where the Census comes in.

Face it. Hillary lost and she lost big.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
You are a retard. Like, literally.

People try to draw you a picture in order for you to understand simple math and facts and you are ignoring them.

Yet you continue with retardedness.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
FecalFace said:
You are a retard. Like, literally.

People try to draw you a picture in order for you to understand simple math and facts and you are ignoring them.

Yet you continue with retardedness.
Was he one of the ones that posted the map with the red and blue counties, and thinks Wyoming and Montana are somehow more important than Vermont and Delaware, as if the size of an irrelevant hole with no people is of note?