"Bingo"? :roflmao:

You didn't win anything dum dum.

1 citizen = 1 vote

Not:

California citizen = ZERO votes

Ohio citizen = 1 vote

:foreheadslap:
I don't like the Electoral College.

That said - should the needs of Ohio, Florida, the NE megalopolis (PA,NJ,NYC, the Beltway) be able to dominate the rest of the country?

It seems like a popular vote would just trade the Electoral College for a more urbanized domination of the vote.

Not sure that's the correct system for a country as diverse in geography and resources such as the United States.
Why even think about it in geographical terms? What sense does that make?
Because it's relevant at some point.

People for the most part tend to vote their needs. No reason to give the East Coast more power to shaft the rest of the country when such situations arise.

Why disenfranchise millions of votes so some county in Ohio can decide what's good for us and the world?
I agree.

On the flip side a popular vote would essentially do the same thing - give people living in heavily urban environments, more specifically the East Coast, the power to decide what happens everywhere else.

Comparable would be when "more educated" people in the administration level of public education disempower "less educated" teachers from running their own classrooms.

You have to have balance.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
What part of this is so hard to grasp?

:roflmao:

What part of 1 citizen = 1 vote you don't understand?

This is one of your RED areas from your stupid map right here. Do you see any citizens eligible to vote in this picture? :poke:

[size:16pt]This tree gets to decide the leader of the Free World. Its vote is more important than GDaddy's.[/size] :foreheadslap:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Uhhh, I didn't cast a vote for president. I don't think the tree did, either. My guess is that a lot more dead people voted in this election than trees, and it still wasn't enough.

So technically I'm not part of the F-U vote against HRC. Despite my personal opinions of her.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GromsDad said:
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:
I wonder if all you tards would be supporting the Electoral College if cuntbag had won by electoral votes and Trump had won the popular.

At least I'm consistent in knowing that it needs to be destroyed
I think the problem for them is that it's gone majority loss the same way twice in the past 5 elections.

Stop to consider why that happens. Do you really want people who live like this to determine who is our president simply because a sh!t-ton of them are cramped into living in such shitty places and because democraps can entice them to vote against the makers in this country. These people have no perspective on the rest of the country. You think these assholes are ever going to vote against free stuff?

So in another words what you're saying is that the votes of the poor and mostly minority communities of this country shouldn't count, am I right?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
My state's electoral college votes are allocated based on the popular vote. Same as the election of our state's 2 Senators.

Whatever the arguments are against the EC they are even more applicable to the Senate.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I just don't want to hear the words "will of the people" when these asshats are passing some sort of oppressive legislature, taking away healthcare from millions or appointing an extremist Judge to the SCOTUS. You can't say that and be an honest person when you lost the popular vote by 1.5 million.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GDaddy said:
Uhhh, I didn't cast a vote for president.
No you didn't and if you did, it wouldn't matter anyway because your vote for president never counted for as long as you lived.

What about the people who give a sh!t about voting?
What do you say to them?
Move to Iowa? :foreheadslap:

GDaddy said:
I don't think the tree did, either.
Uhh huh, you think? :foreheadslap:

I was only illustrating GromDad's stupid point / map.

Sometimes you have to draw a picture so the retards can understand.

PS That tree has as much voting power as any conservative voting for president and living in California. Let that sink in for a sec. :toilet:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
"Bingo"? :roflmao:

You didn't win anything dum dum.

1 citizen = 1 vote

Not:

California citizen = ZERO votes

Ohio citizen = 1 vote

:foreheadslap:
I don't like the Electoral College.

That said - should the needs of Ohio, Florida, the NE megalopolis (PA,NJ,NYC, the Beltway) be able to dominate the rest of the country?

It seems like a popular vote would just trade the Electoral College for a more urbanized domination of the vote.

Not sure that's the correct system for a country as diverse in geography and resources such as the United States.
Why even think about it in geographical terms? What sense does that make?
Because it's relevant at some point.

People for the most part tend to vote their needs. No reason to give the East Coast more power to shaft the rest of the country when such situations arise.

Why disenfranchise millions of votes so some county in Ohio can decide what's good for us and the world?
I agree.

On the flip side a popular vote would essentially do the same thing - give people living in heavily urban environments, more specifically the East Coast, the power to decide what happens everywhere else.

Comparable would be when "more educated" people in the administration level of public education disempower "less educated" teachers from running their own classrooms.

You have to have balance.
No it wouldn't.

1 person = 1 vote

If the minority thinks their ideas are better they have to work harder to convince the majority, regardless of where they live.

The balance comes from Congress

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
frvcvs said:
GromsDad said:
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:
I wonder if all you tards would be supporting the Electoral College if cuntbag had won by electoral votes and Trump had won the popular.

At least I'm consistent in knowing that it needs to be destroyed
I think the problem for them is that it's gone majority loss the same way twice in the past 5 elections.

Stop to consider why that happens. Do you really want people who live like this to determine who is our president simply because a sh!t-ton of them are cramped into living in such shitty places and because democraps can entice them to vote against the makers in this country. These people have no perspective on the rest of the country. You think these assholes are ever going to vote against free stuff?

So in another words what you're saying is that the votes of the poor and mostly minority communities of this country shouldn't count, am I right?
No. I'm saying large concentrations of city dwellers (assholes) shouldn't determine policy for everyone else who live in less concentrated places.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
ifallalot said:
That's why you have Congress
The founders set it up so the number of your states electors equals the number you have in congress plus your two senators. Pure genius. There was a very real fear at the time that the states would split apart and the founders in their wisdom devised our method of representation and balance of power.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
Assimilate or leave.
GromsDad said:
I'm saying large concentrations of city dwellers (assholes) shouldn't determine policy
One more thing, read the Constitution, you insufferable piece of xenophobic sh!t.

Assholes are people too, their votes should count and not discarded like your fetus should have been.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The assumption that the popular vote would have returned the same result if the election had been for the popular vote instead of the EC is just that - an assumption,. The assumption that the campaign platforms and the candidates themselves would have been the same is also just an assumption.

If you disapprove of the EC there's an app for changing that. Sniveling because the election results turns out to be a surprise isn't it. California's result represents the will of the people in California.

And quit saying votes don't count - they do count at the state levels.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GDaddy said:
The assumption that the popular vote would have returned the same result if the election had been for the popular vote instead of the EC is just that - an assumption,. The assumption that the campaign platforms and the candidates themselves would have been the same is also just an assumption.
Nobody's talking about outcomes.

We are talking about the fact that each vote should be counted and you are ignoring that fact and talkging about something nobody else is talking about.

GDaddy said:
And quit saying votes don't count - they do count at the local levels.
Yeah, shut up everybody, you can vote on a local level.

The President of the USA doesn't matter. :foreheadslap:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I think the whole highly populated state vs lightly populated state issue is adequately resolved by dividing the legislative branch into House and Senate. The fact that the executive branch candidate who gets fewer votes wins makes a mockery of the concept of democracy. My wife, who is from Italy, just can't wrap her head around it. In fact any outside observer would be perplexed- you lose but you win. :shrug:

And to Gromsdad- everyone lives in a bubble. Everyone. Absolutely no exceptions. And to post up photos of Los Angeles and New York and assume people who "live like this" all think and act the same just demonstrates how small your bubble is.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:
That's why you have Congress
The founders set it up so the number of your states electors equals the number you have in congress plus your two senators. Pure genius. There was a very real fear at the time that the states would split apart and the founders in their wisdom devised our method of representation and balance of power.
No, it was set up at the time to protect the slave states since they were already in the minority but go ahead believing your religious myths

MJOJunkie

Michael Peterson status
Jan 4, 2015
Socal Bight
FecalFace said:
GDaddy said:
Uhhh, I didn't cast a vote for president.
No you didn't and if you did, it wouldn't matter anyway because your vote for president never counted for as long as you lived.

What about the people who give a sh!t about voting?
What do you say to them?
Move to Iowa? :foreheadslap:

GDaddy said:
I don't think the tree did, either.
Uhh huh, you think? :foreheadslap:

I was only illustrating GromDad's stupid point / map.

Sometimes you have to draw a picture so the retards can understand.

PS That tree has as much voting power as any conservative voting for president and living in California. Let that sink in for a sec. :toilet:

You missed your AE (Angry Expat) Meeting today again.

How many groms did you spear from your anger today?

Oh wait - -your so out of fu cking shape and out of touch you couldn't get off the fuggin couch my sources tell me and my sources are spot MUUTHR FKN ON! :roflmao:

Die troll die! :cussing:

PS : Your hacking friends are third rate humans. You know exactly what I mean you fat racist fuktwit.

Just die

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
[shrugs] Anyways, back on track - let's go through the process that it takes to change it. All you need is the right sized majority in Congress and a POTUS who signs off on it.