Electoral College

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I wonder if all you tards would be supporting the Electoral College if cuntbag had won by electoral votes and Trump had won the popular.

At least I'm consistent in knowing that it needs to be destroyed

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ifallalot said:
I wonder if all you tards would be supporting the Electoral College if cuntbag had won by electoral votes and Trump had won the popular.

I think the problem for them is that it's gone majority loss the same way twice in the past 5 elections.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
http://time.com/4558510/electoral-college-history-slavery/
you know your Constitutional history, right GromsDad ?? )

http://www.newsweek.com/arguments-favor-electoral-college-wrong-522439

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:

I think the problem for them is that it's gone majority loss the same way twice in the past 5 elections.
Stop to consider why that happens. Do you really want people who live like this to determine who is our president simply because a sh!t-ton of them are cramped into living in such shitty places and because democraps can entice them to vote against the makers in this country. These people have no perspective on the rest of the country. You think these assholes are ever going to vote against free stuff?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
1. Ghetto people don't vote. Remember, election turnout was only 48% in the last election
2. "Makers" :roflmao: If you're talking about farmers, they suck on the government teat just as hard as the black people you're so scared of. If you talk about people who actually create industry for this country, they too live in highly populated states. There is no Silicon Valley in Wyoming.
3. The Presidency is a federal position. Stop thinking in terms of sectionality. One person = one vote

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
racists are more religious than muslims !! )

the welfare state enables the rich to get richer and doubles as a tool

to divide and conquer tools to dumb to understand !! )

sirfun said:
http://time.com/4558510/electoral-college-history-slavery/
you know your Constitutional history, right GromsDad ?? )

http://www.newsweek.com/arguments-favor-electoral-college-wrong-522439

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
ifallalot said:
1. Ghetto people don't vote. Remember, election turnout was only 48% in the last election
The hell they don't......and they go about 99% democrat. I suggest you take a close look at places like Philadelphia where democrats go to great lengths to get out the ghetto vote and in some cases like in NYC where it is known that they get bussed around so they can vote in multiple precincts.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:
The hell they don't......and they go about 99% democrat. I suggest you take a close look at places like Philadelphia where democrats go to great lengths to get out the ghetto vote and in some cases like in NYC where it is known that they get bussed around so they can vote in multiple precincts.
:roflmao:

You're high

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Very few except people like ifallalot were complaining about the electoral college until now.

It's mostly the Facebook crowd with TDD who are now whining... and from talking to them they seem to have limited knowledge of what the Electoral College even is.

Just my observations. :shrug:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
casa_mugrienta said:
Very few except people like ifallalot were complaining about the electoral college until now.

It's mostly the Facebook crowd with TDD who are now whining... and from talking to them they seem to have limited knowledge of what the Electoral College even is.

This is 100% fact.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:

You're high
And you're apparently quite ignorant of the world outside your little bubble.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:

You're high
And you're apparently quite ignorant of the world outside your little bubble.
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/11/10/philly-voter-turnout-trump-clinton/

Hmmmm

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:

You're high
This is common practice on the East Coast and Great Lakes. In some states you can also register to vote the same day as the election, but those votes only come into play in a Bush vs. Gore type scenario as the addresses have to be verified first. This is often taken advantage of as well - it won't likely swing a presidential election but can be a nice backup for local/state/congressional elections. Lots of taking advantage of grey areas in election law, i.e. bribery to register and vote influencing.

"I have a friend" who told me during their clinical rotations in a mental institution someone was actively registering patients and assisting them with mail-in ballots. Totally fcking illegal and if the person knew so at that time he would have reported it.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
casa_mugrienta said:

I've been complaining about EC (and the need for proportional representation) for 25 years or ever since I've learned what EC is. Many times on this forum.

I don't care who wins, the fact that some buttfvck county in Ohio or some other flyover state decides the destiny for the rest of us was always mindboggling to me.
The fact that your vote means fvck all if you live in an urban area or any state that is not a battleground state.

It's fvcked up on so many levels.

Which side it benefits more is irrelevant.

PS I didn't vote for Hillary, I think it's good that she lost. But she didn't lose fair and square.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:

Stop to consider why that happens. Do you really want people who live like this to determine who is our president simply because a sh!t-ton of them are cramped into living in such shitty places and because democraps can entice them to vote against the makers in this country. These people have no perspective on the rest of the country. You think these assholes are ever going to vote against free stuff?
Poor people are assholes? Or people who live in the city are assholes?
Or do you mean black people are assholes?

Either way, you are a fvcking idiot.

Ohio doesn't have a "perspective on the rest of the country" either.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
FecalFace said:
Ohio doesn't have a "perspective on the rest of the country" either.
Bingo dumbass. That's why we have states and an electoral college. You really should watch the video at the top of this thread. Nothing like a dum dum from a failed country complaining about the way our founders set up our system of government. Assimilate or leave.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
FecalFace said:
"Bingo"? :roflmao:

You didn't win anything dum dum.

1 citizen = 1 vote

Not:

California citizen = ZERO votes

Ohio citizen = 1 vote

:foreheadslap:
I don't like the Electoral College.

That said - should the needs of Ohio, Florida, the NE megalopolis (PA,NJ,NYC, the Beltway) be able to dominate the rest of the country?

It seems like a popular vote would just trade the Electoral College for a more urbanized domination of the vote.

Not sure that's the correct system for a country as diverse in geography and resources such as the United States.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
"Bingo"? :roflmao:

You didn't win anything dum dum.

1 citizen = 1 vote

Not:

California citizen = ZERO votes

Ohio citizen = 1 vote

:foreheadslap:
I don't like the Electoral College.

That said - should the needs of Ohio, Florida, the NE megalopolis (PA,NJ,NYC, the Beltway) be able to dominate the rest of the country?

It seems like a popular vote would just trade the Electoral College for a more urbanized domination of the vote.

Not sure that's the correct system for a country as diverse in geography and resources such as the United States.
Why even think about it in geographical terms? What sense does that make?

Why disenfranchise millions of votes so some county in Ohio can decide what's good for the rest of us and the world?

Of course we should let everybody's voice heard, including Ohio but giving them the reins is stupid.

Whatever grievances Ohio has should be done at the state level, it's a constitutional Republic, remember? :roflmao:

It's not up to middle America to decide whether gays should marry or whether we can smoke weed and not go to prison.