Electoral College

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
FecalFace said:
You are a retard. Like, literally.

People try to draw you a picture in order for you to understand simple math and facts and you are ignoring them.

Yet you continue with retardedness.
Instead of insults and name calling how about you make an attempt at a reasonable articulation of your opinion.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:

People try to draw you a picture in order for you to understand simple math and facts and you are ignoring them.

Instead of insults and name calling how about you make an attempt at a reasonable articulation of your opinion.
What's the point? You don't respond to it. I'm not sure you even read them.

You just repeat the same falsehoods as if somehow they will suddenly become true.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
StuAzole said:
GDaddy said:
I said all along that I didn't think Trump have what it takes to effectively govern and I've been saying for years how much I despise a certain fkg cuunt and she's the only politician I'd actively vote against - so I abstained. Chickensht, I know, but I live in California so my state's EC votes were locked up prior to the primaries.

Meaning whether I did or didn't vote it would have been immaterial to the result except to dogpile on the F-U vote that so many people are already uber pissed about.

I'm sure there are a lot of people in every single state who also realized there was no point in adding to their respective supermajorities or superminorities, but who would likely feel differently if the popular vote was the thing.

As for the EC, I think that at a mininum the states should be more balanced. If California has almost 13% of the nation's population then giving it only 10.2% of the EC votes can create problems - like this one. If the EC was repealed it wouldn't scuff my feelings at all.
That's fine on an individual level, but when millions of people do the same it f*cks up the election. "I don't really count" is a bullsh(t way out. For all your opinions, you truly mean nothing to America today.
You forgot about the part where he has stated over and over that he couldn't in good conscience vote for either candidate. I couldn't either so I didn't vote. First time since I was eligible in 1973. By writing in the Bern, fecal did essentially the same thing.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
GromsMom said:
Surfdog said:
Was a bit dubious of the EC at times, but now that I've looked at both sides of the argument, I wouldn't want a handful of highly populated large states to have full say in how the country as a whole is run.

And many may not remember, but states like California were Republican strongholds up to and including 1988. The period between Truman (1948) and Clinton (1992) voted Repub for POTUS every election except JFK. Those were the golden glory days of the California Republic. Since then, illegal immigration (mostly poor) and a large influx of rich/wealthy elitist east coast and Chicago/midwest transplants changed the face of both SF and metro/coastal LA dramatically. All wanting to buy a piece of the California dream at any cost (driving up crazy home prices). We're stuck with what we got now. We'll soon become a west coast version of the I-95 corridor before too long I fear. Even the R hold-outs like the OC and SD are becoming D controlled with urbanized suburbs soaking it up.

Can it happen again? Probably not for decades, if ever, I'm afraid. But if the Dems run California into the ground, succeeding in driving most middle class employing businesses out, leaving only the rich and those that "service" them, it might turn around if your kids get fed up and wise to it.

But, those in power will probably want to keep it that way. I hope you're children can afford to live here and not work 3 jobs at McD's, Starbucks and Walmart to squeak out a living? The few good paying jobs to afford the ever increasing rents and home prices will only be put up with for so long. :shrug:
Of course you were dubious "before" but now that your boy Donnie has won you love it!!

You keep whining on and on about how awful progressive/democratically controlled California is. Please move then. Kansas is doing quite well I hear with there Republican experiment :monkey:

(CA has problems for sure, but to solely attribute them to democrats is dumb. Just you politicizing things.)
If this election was other way around, Trump with a slight popular vote edge and Hillary with the Electoral vote edge, this argument would be basically non-existent to the snowflakes out there.

All states have importance to the USA economy. Some by farming, some by tech, some by cleaning and/or fixing toilets for the wealthy.

The elitists here that constantly berate "fly over" country are showing their true bigotry time and again.

All parts of the USA matter. Just because we're fortunate enough to live near the coasts, surf and enjoy all the hedonistic frivolities with it, doesn't mean others who live in BF Egypt or those glorious wilderness areas we all love to visit but don't or CAN'T live at (being stuck in the city rat race), have any less value to the electorate.

Many of you are showing your urban elitism to a fault. Many people live out in the boony's on ranches that have much greater value than your little boxed in studio valued at a $1,000,000. They have many acres of land that are either farmed, ranched or support the local or global community.

Much of the red counties in California are such, and proud small business owners constantly derived as hick rednecks. Sure there's a few tweakers, just like there's 1000's of dependent welfare kings and queens in the very blue inner cities urban/suburban wastelands. I know of many successful ranchers in California, Arizona, Texas, Oregon, Oklahoma, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and out to Penn, and other midwest and EC states. But because of California's anti-small business policies, more are moving out to other states to keep in business.

All states matter, and most contribute to much of our everyday livelyhoods in some fashion.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Surfdog said:
If this election was other way around, Trump with a slight popular vote edge and Hillary with the Electoral vote edge, this argument would be basically non-existent to the snowflakes out there.
And if Hillary won with an assist from the FBI after Trumps emails got hacked by the Russians who Hillary's camp was in commune with for the majority elections you guys would be flipping out like Benghazi/EmailServergate x 776425764358732456768345764528745.

Oh and way to embrace the alt-right lingo with your use of 'snowflake' you racist pile of sh!t…

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-alt-right-terminology-20161115-story.html

Not surprised you're falling in line with these deplorables…

In 11 hours of speeches and panel discussions in a federal building named after Ronald Reagan a few blocks from the White House, a succession of speakers had laid out a harsh vision for the future, but had denounced violence and said that Hispanic citizens and black Americans had nothing to fear. Earlier in the day, Mr. Spencer himself had urged the group to start acting less like an underground organization and more like the establishment.

But now his tone changed as he began to tell the audience of more than 200 people, mostly young men, what they had been waiting to hear. He railed against Jews and, with a smile, quoted Nazi propaganda in the original German. America, he said, belonged to white people, whom he called the “children of the sun,” a race of conquerors and creators who had been marginalized but now, in the era of President-elect Donald J. Trump, were “awakening to their own identity.”

As he finished, several audience members had their arms outstretched in a Nazi salute. When Mr. Spencer, or perhaps another person standing near him at the front of the room — it was not clear who — shouted, “Heil the people! Heil victory,” the room shouted it back.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/alt-right-salutes-donald-trump.html?_r=0
These are your people now. You own this.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:
Congress is there to balance out the "tyranny" of the more populated states.
So is the electoral college.
Nope. The electoral college ensures that the populated maker/producer/winner states are always beholden to the whims of the poor taker retard states
I'm not sure the EC needs to go, but the EC votes need to be better balanced. On a per capita basis, there's no reason for Iowa to count more than California.
It needs to go because when you have one citizen = one vote, there's no reason for the EC

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:

One American citizen = One American vote

IT IS LITERALLY THAT SIMPLE

No more dividing states for a NATIONAL office by a STATE level

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
frvcvs said:
Surfdog said:
And if Hillary won with an assist from the FBI after Trumps emails got hacked by the Russians who Hillary's camp was in commune with for the majority elections you guys would be flipping out like Benghazi/EmailServergate x 776425764358732456768345764528745.

Oh and way to embrace the alt-right lingo with your use of 'snowflake' you racist pile of sh!t…

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-alt-right-terminology-20161115-story.html

In 11 hours of speeches and panel discussions in a federal building named after Ronald Reagan a few blocks from the White House, a succession of speakers had laid out a harsh vision for the future, but had denounced violence and said that Hispanic citizens and black Americans had nothing to fear. Earlier in the day, Mr. Spencer himself had urged the group to start acting less like an underground organization and more like the establishment.

But now his tone changed as he began to tell the audience of more than 200 people, mostly young men, what they had been waiting to hear. He railed against Jews and, with a smile, quoted Nazi propaganda in the original German. America, he said, belonged to white people, whom he called the “children of the sun,” a race of conquerors and creators who had been marginalized but now, in the era of President-elect Donald J. Trump, were “awakening to their own identity.”

As he finished, several audience members had their arms outstretched in a Nazi salute. When Mr. Spencer, or perhaps another person standing near him at the front of the room — it was not clear who — shouted, “Heil the people! Heil victory,” the room shouted it back.

I don't own sh!t. If there's racist bigotry promoted by someone, that's their BS. Racism exists on both sides, whether you admit it or not.

But back to my post, the PC word police strike again. :foreheadslap:

Snowflake is now racist? L.A. Times has officially jumped the PC shark.

The perpetually offended know no bounds.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:

Our country is not a true "democracy". It's a democratic elected representative republic.

Get the Constitution changed if you want mob rule mentality. :shrug:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Surfdog said:
frvcvs said:
Surfdog said:

I don't own sh!t. If there's racist bigotry promoted by someone, that's their BS. Racism exists on both sides, whether you admit it or not.

If you voted for him you own it…

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

And don't try to claim otherwise while embracing the lingo of these fascist pigs. Now is a good a time as any to step up and condemn them, but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
frvcvs said:
Surfdog said:
frvcvs said:
Surfdog said:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

And don't try to claim otherwise while embracing the lingo of these fascist pigs. Now is a good a time as any to step up and condemn them, but I won't be holding my breath on that one.
If they claim race superiority or other racist crap, f**k them. They are no different than La Raza, Black Lives Matter and other racist orgs.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
frvcvs said:
The Alt-Right?

Vehemently disagree. Surfdog, GDaddy...these are literally Art Laffer/Milton Friedman types. They think the military is this important thing that has had a positive effect on the US, even economically, instead of a bloated tic that f--ks up everything it touches.

You don't get more "cuckservative" than those two.

The people rigging all the online polls, the people with bot sock puppets getting things trending, the people putting those parenthesis around journalist's names...

SD/GD = patriotic
Alt-Right = nationalist

SD/GD = more or less free trade/free market types
Alt-Right = stridently protectionist

SD/GD = socially conservative
Alt-Right = proudly misogynist

SD/GD = interventionist
Alt-Right = isolationist

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Surfdog said:
GromsMom said:
Surfdog said:
Was a bit dubious of the EC at times, but now that I've looked at both sides of the argument, I wouldn't want a handful of highly populated large states to have full say in how the country as a whole is run.

And many may not remember, but states like California were Republican strongholds up to and including 1988. The period between Truman (1948) and Clinton (1992) voted Repub for POTUS every election except JFK. Those were the golden glory days of the California Republic. Since then, illegal immigration (mostly poor) and a large influx of rich/wealthy elitist east coast and Chicago/midwest transplants changed the face of both SF and metro/coastal LA dramatically. All wanting to buy a piece of the California dream at any cost (driving up crazy home prices). We're stuck with what we got now. We'll soon become a west coast version of the I-95 corridor before too long I fear. Even the R hold-outs like the OC and SD are becoming D controlled with urbanized suburbs soaking it up.

Can it happen again? Probably not for decades, if ever, I'm afraid. But if the Dems run California into the ground, succeeding in driving most middle class employing businesses out, leaving only the rich and those that "service" them, it might turn around if your kids get fed up and wise to it.

But, those in power will probably want to keep it that way. I hope you're children can afford to live here and not work 3 jobs at McD's, Starbucks and Walmart to squeak out a living? The few good paying jobs to afford the ever increasing rents and home prices will only be put up with for so long. :shrug:
Of course you were dubious "before" but now that your boy Donnie has won you love it!!

You keep whining on and on about how awful progressive/democratically controlled California is. Please move then. Kansas is doing quite well I hear with there Republican experiment :monkey:

(CA has problems for sure, but to solely attribute them to democrats is dumb. Just you politicizing things.)

All states have importance to the USA economy. Some by farming, some by tech, some by cleaning and/or fixing toilets for the wealthy.

The elitists here that constantly berate "fly over" country are showing their true bigotry time and again.

All parts of the USA matter. Just because we're fortunate enough to live near the coasts, surf and enjoy all the hedonistic frivolities with it, doesn't mean others who live in BF Egypt or those glorious wilderness areas we all love to visit but don't or CAN'T live at (being stuck in the city rat race), have any less value to the electorate.

Many of you are showing your urban elitism to a fault. Many people live out in the boony's on ranches that have much greater value than your little boxed in studio valued at a $1,000,000. They have many acres of land that are either farmed, ranched or support the local or global community.

Much of the red counties in California are such, and proud small business owners constantly derived as hick rednecks. Sure there's a few tweakers, just like there's 1000's of dependent welfare kings and queens in the very blue inner cities urban/suburban wastelands. I know of many successful ranchers in California, Arizona, Texas, Oregon, Oklahoma, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and out to Penn, and other midwest and EC states. But because of California's anti-small business policies, more are moving out to other states to keep in business.

All states matter, and most contribute to much of our everyday livelyhoods in some fashion.
Elitism? I've just learned to apply the makers-takers and winners-losers argument that the Right taught me.

If these people in less-populated states want their policies, then they need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and effect change. We don't need any vote welfare going on.

And I lol at your mention of ranchers as rugged individualists. Agriculture of all kinds sucks of the federal teat harder than any "dependent welfare kings and queens in the very blue inner cities urban/suburban wastelands"

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Surfdog said:
frvcvs said:
Surfdog said:
frvcvs said:
Surfdog said:

If they claim race superiority or other racist crap, f**k them. They are no different than La Raza, Black Lives Matter and other racist orgs.
:foreheadslap:

Keep speaking their language while make false equivalencies and pointing fingers at others.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Sharkbiscuit said:
frvcvs said:
The Alt-Right?

Vehemently disagree. Surfdog, GDaddy...these are literally Art Laffer/Milton Friedman types. They think the military is this important thing that has had a positive effect on the US, even economically, instead of a bloated tic that f--ks up everything it touches.

You don't get more "cuckservative" than those two.

The people rigging all the online polls, the people with bot sock puppets getting things trending, the people putting those parenthesis around journalist's names...

SD/GD = patriotic
Alt-Right = nationalist

SD/GD = more or less free trade/free market types
Alt-Right = stridently protectionist

SD/GD = socially conservative
Alt-Right = proudly misogynist

SD/GD = interventionist
Alt-Right = isolationist
So it's just a coincidence that surf dog is suddenly falling in line and using their terminology? I don't recall him using terms like snowflake in the past do you?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Surfdog said:
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:

Our country is not a true "democracy". It's a democratic elected representative republic.

Get the Constitution changed if you want mob rule mentality. :shrug:
Democratically-elected = one person one vote.

President is a national office, state distinctions don't matter

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
ifallalot said:
Surfdog said:
GromsMom said:
Surfdog said:

Elitism? I've just learned to apply the makers-takers and winners-losers argument that the Right taught me.

If these people in less-populated states want their policies, then they need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and effect change. We don't need any vote welfare going on.

And I lol at your mention of ranchers as rugged individualists. Agriculture of all kinds sucks of the federal teat harder than any "dependent welfare kings and queens in the very blue inner cities urban/suburban wastelands"
At least ranchers and farmers are PRODUCING something that both you and I eat EVERY SINGLE DAY. Or do you grow all your own veggies and meat products?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ElOgro said:
StuAzole said:
GDaddy said:
I said all along that I didn't think Trump have what it takes to effectively govern and I've been saying for years how much I despise a certain fkg cuunt and she's the only politician I'd actively vote against - so I abstained. Chickensht, I know, but I live in California so my state's EC votes were locked up prior to the primaries.

Meaning whether I did or didn't vote it would have been immaterial to the result except to dogpile on the F-U vote that so many people are already uber pissed about.

I'm sure there are a lot of people in every single state who also realized there was no point in adding to their respective supermajorities or superminorities, but who would likely feel differently if the popular vote was the thing.

As for the EC, I think that at a mininum the states should be more balanced. If California has almost 13% of the nation's population then giving it only 10.2% of the EC votes can create problems - like this one. If the EC was repealed it wouldn't scuff my feelings at all.
That's fine on an individual level, but when millions of people do the same it f*cks up the election. "I don't really count" is a bullsh(t way out. For all your opinions, you truly mean nothing to America today.
You forgot about the part where he has stated over and over that he couldn't in good conscience vote for either candidate. I couldn't either so I didn't vote. First time since I was eligible in 1973. By writing in the Bern, fecal did essentially the same thing.
There weren't only 2 choices.