Dog lovers - i get it now

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Never had dog until 5 years ago when we inherited a few indo dogs. Scrappy the oldest one had to be put down today -I carried her to the beach to watch her final sunset - we have seen hundreds together. It was a good way to go and i cried like a baby - now i understand how people get so attached to animals

12A48756-C03F-4792-AB4E-BBC596920EF2.jpeg

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Never had dog until 5 years ago when we inherited a few indo dogs. Scrappy the oldest one had to be put down today -I carried her to the beach to watch her final sunset - we have seen hundreds together. It was a good way to go and i cried like a baby - now i understand how people get so attached to animals

View attachment 169843
Worse than losing most people.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I had dogs growing up and currently have a Baja mutt rescue that was probably 4 or 5 when we took him in 3 years ago last week (they told us he was 3, lol).

imo, the rescues hit different. the way mine looks up at me pierces my soul. he is forever grateful. way more personality than any dog I’ve ever had and he’s amazing around my son.

sorry for your loss.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Sorry for your loss. RIP to your good buddy.
I've had dogs since my late teens, couldn't imagine life W/O them.
A friend and I adopted a MexiMutt puppy back when we were driving down to Mainland Mex to Ticla many moons ago.
We named him Batman (giant ears) although we only saw him once a year for 6 weeks, he felt like he was one of ours.
We saw him for 3 years in a row, then he wasn't there.:cry:

IMG_1598.jpg
^^Our buddy Coho, he's 5 now. The 4th Aussie I've owned.^^

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
We’re on #7 and he just got done with 2 months of heart worm treatment. I thought we were going to lose him. Sorry for your loss.

• Love
Reactions: john4surf and Truth

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Much has been written about man's relationship with dogs. All valid.
  1. "Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." – Gene Hill, author of A Hunter's Fireside Book and Hill Country
"Dogs' lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware that it comes with an unbearable price." – Dean Koontz

Sorry for you loss, Truth.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Sorry truth.

this sweetheart was sitting next to me en route to dfw for Xmas. I chatted briefly with her human. I said, incautiously, “oh I had a corgi too! she was awesome! She uh…sorry, um, it was a really sad ending, never mind, forgive me”

Clearly I am not over Daisy's tragic end a couple months ago, because this grinning girl nearly had me bawling in the aisle. Perfectly behaved too

IMG_1310.jpeg

71468364631__AE1012CA-6224-4448-98FB-C0F2DDDFD6F2.jpeg

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Always say that nothing will love you as unconditionally as a dog. That’s what makes it’s so hard to say goodbye when the time comes. But all the endless love and loyalty they give makes it all worth the heartache at the end.

I’ve gone through a real rough patch over the last year and I don’t know how I’d ever get through it without my dog. He’s not a trained therapy dog, but each and every walk or snuggle sesh is therapeutic as hell.

sorry for you loss @Truth now that you get what us dog people have been talking about go find another Indonesian street dog that’s looking for someone to love.

Last edited:

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I’ve gone through a real rough patch over the last year and I don’t know how I’d ever get through it without my dog. He’s not a trained therapy dog, but each and every walk or snuggle sesh is therapeutic as hell.
yup. whenever i hear the term "therapy dog" i laugh and think yes they are

Reactions: john4surf

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
We had to say goodbye to our 13 year old Tijuana street dog tonight. Got her when we lived in North Park SD, she was only 7 weeks old and malnourished. She was a big sister and protector to our daughter when kiddo arrived 9 years ago. Keily, or Kai-dawg, matched our energy and was always happiest by our side. She never ran off, always greeted friends with love and delivery people with disdain.

This morning she was seemingly fine. Took her for a walk down in the back yard and she was eagerly smelling deer tracks. Then we went out to run errands and came home to find her laying on the floor with labored breathing. I took her to the vet, after five minutes, he came back in the room and told me that Keily would likely not make it through the night. I called my wife and daughter, and had them come to the vets office to say goodbye. it was heartbreaking, cuddling with her for the last time, but at least we were all there. The girls left and I stayed for the end. I wanted to be there for her.
I’ll always love you, Keily.

Laguna Beach, one year old pup.
IMG_6288.jpeg

pNW walks
Image 4.jpeg

kiddo and dawg at the dog wash last month
IMG_6218.jpeg

❤❤❤❤❤❤
IMG_3408.jpeg

Last edited: