Disneyland Prices - WTF

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Ticket booklet days were the best, although I was only around 8 yo, my grand parents took me and my sister 2-3 times a year. Remember hitting all the E ticket rides first then the Bs and always came home with a bunch of Cs.
I remember being clobbered on the head by by Captain Hook because I was totally fvcking with him, pulling on his tails and $hit.
That was back when Knott's was an open park and I think those Disney coupon books were something like $15.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Took the daughter there and embraced the suck. She had a great time, but the lines and all the other craziness were too much for her and she doesn't want to go back ever again. It is what it is.

Was the project manager for the commercial cmu on Aulani. Dealing with those Disney people was tough. Glad we lost out on the stone veneer cause the Disney people wanted every fckn piece of stone stained to make it look more like real stone.

kdropin

OTF status
Feb 28, 2010
LI,NY/ TI,NC
we did disney two years ago. first day was hell my son was exhausted and had my daughter over my shoulder by the end of the day. then we started hanging at the hotel during the day and going in the afternoon and closing the place. so much better. very few lines if any towards closing time. it was record heat during the day in florida in February so we hung in the pool kids swam, we ate and had some drinks.
going again in February again.. hoping for the best

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
She agreed it’s crazy!

now need to plan something big for the birthday. Everything looks booked. Anyone know a good place in Sedona?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
We went a bunch as kids. It was cheap. In high school I remember buying a book of tickets for $5 no pay for parking. My wife has taken both the kids when they were youngsters and my son just took his kid for two days. The kid is two years old. After reading about what it costs now days he can buy their fvckin tickets here for los holidays.

My wife and I were both brought up camping. Our kids too. Their kids are being brought up camping. I think you can learn more camping than you can at Disneylandia.

Reactions: Joshua2415

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
She agreed it’s crazy!

now need to plan something big for the birthday. Everything looks booked. Anyone know a good place in Sedona?
You hit slide rock, a couple of galleries, eat, sniff the air, and ... done.

Think about suggesting a family camping/surf trip to Baja. There’s an idea worth tossing around here.

Reactions: rts265

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
It's madness but I still think it's worth it. Just something about Disney.

You gotta optmize your Fastpass use and you'll be fine, no joke. Lots of articles on the internet about it, if you use it right you won't get a line on the main attractions.

I'd rather go to SixFlags any day, but with kids, Disney is Disney.

Reactions: Havoc and Ifallalot

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Hey man, you want to know something that sounds simple but it's super fun for kids that age? Take the train up to Santa Barbara for the day and hit the zoo. They'll dig the zoo, but to be honest kids that age freak out over the whole train ride experience. While you're up in SB, buy the wife something really nice, or let her take off for an hour and shop while you and the kids play on the grass by the beach. The kids will dig it, and so will she. And you will have spent less money and had a chill day with the family with lots of pictures and memories. Trust me. (y) If you don't want to deal with union station, drive a little farther north to a different stop and hop on there.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
And don't forget all the Aulani ads on TV. Going to Hawaii and then spending it at a Disney resort? Great God in Hell, no way will that happen. If going to spend that kind of coin, we'll buy the Volcom House and the two next to it for good measure.
Actually, Aulani resort is awesome. Its beautiful and a lot of the locals love going there. We went twice for breakfast with Mickey. I bought a resaled timeshare from someone and it wasn't anymore expensive than a hotel room in Waikiki.

That being said, Disneyland actual sounds like a nightmare.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I used to have a pass for years until I got priced out. Kept it around until I started having to pay for both kids passes too.

Disneyland runs on Nostalgia. You either have nostalgia for it or you don't. My brother hates the parks and doesn't even go with his kids.

Where I've had more fun with kids under 7 though is "Great Wolf Lodge". It's a hotel resort just down the street from Disneyland in Anaheim and it's an indoor water park. I"ve had my kids in swim lessons since they were two, and they're tall, so they could ride every slide except one. Kid's had more fun there because there were no terrifying "dark" rides. All the indoor Fantasyland rides that are supposed to be for kids are actually terrifying for kids.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I mix it up with the boys...we slum around k-town and DTLA eating
weird food...high class sh!t like DL/DW and euro faggotry....and lots
of road tripping and camping with pee jugs, bb guns, and the same
underwear for days

I don't know who said train, but that's a good one...we've done the
coaster down to SD and up to Pismo and its crazy how worked up
they get over that.

we've been talking about a road trip through the gulf, New Orleans,
and up to see friends in Asheville.

diversity of experiences....if not only because the four of us all
have different preferences on what we'd like to do....close quarters
living means compromise.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
My dad worked for SoCal Gas and they rented out the park every year for employee/family night. So, we went every year to that, super uncrowded. Then we'd go at least once more every year through some sort of school thing or something. I loved it, then.

Only time we've gone with the kids was when they were 5 and 7 and my folks insisted on us all going and said they'd pay.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I used to have a pass for years until I got priced out. Kept it around until I started having to pay for both kids passes too.

Disneyland runs on Nostalgia. You either have nostalgia for it or you don't. My brother hates the parks and doesn't even go with his kids.

Where I've had more fun with kids under 7 though is "Great Wolf Lodge". It's a hotel resort just down the street from Disneyland in Anaheim and it's an indoor water park. I"ve had my kids in swim lessons since they were two, and they're tall, so they could ride every slide except one. Kid's had more fun there because there were no terrifying "dark" rides. All the indoor Fantasyland rides that are supposed to be for kids are actually terrifying for kids.
Yep. Heard great things about it. My daughter is in Adventure Guides and that's one of the trips in a few months. Should be fun.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Last time we were there was in celebration of my son's 5th birthday. It was his first time at the park and he just frickin lost his mind, in a good way. I've been many times throughout my life but this trip was by far, the most memorable. I loved watching his reaction to all of his favorite characters being right there in front of him. The highlight was during the Main street parade and Snow White danced over to him and kissed him on the cheek. He was completely star struck, after that he didn't stop talking about it for years. He's 18 now and I'm sure if I brought it up he'd blush and smile.
Over the years I've had some pretty great experiences at Dislandia, from my first bare nipple touch to watching a classmate get arrested and hauled off to Disney jail. For me it will always be a magical place full of great memories. I've no plans to return in the near future but will cherish the times we've had.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You didn't have fun because you needed more cool hats and merchandise.

Also, your kid probably isn't watching enough of the idiot box.
We have amusement rides within walking distance of our house. Granted these are small Jersey shore amusement piers but our kids were going on rides regularly from the time they were toddlers. They were totally unimpressed with Disney. Every ride had a half hour or longer wait and it was oppressively hot the day we went. The rest of our trip all they wanted to do was go to the beach and go out on the boat.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
dude, your boy is fkn YUGE now...

I think it was all the chocolate!