Different strains....

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Viral infection

An infectious pathogen inside California’s pot farms is attacking cannabis plants and growing invisibly for months only to spoil a crop just as a farmer is ready to harvest. Scientists believe that it’s in nearly every pot farm in the state and could be causing billions of dollars in damages to the national weed economy.

Hop-latent viroid, or HLVd, shrivels pot plants and reduce how much weight they produce by as much as 30%. It also destroys the amount of THC, pot’s most common active compound, that a plant produces, greatly reducing the value of affected plants.

HLVd was first identified at a California pot farm in 2019, and it’s now infected at least 90% of California’s cannabis grows, according to a 2021 estimate. It’s spreading globally, and a recent scientific paper declared the pathogen was the “biggest concern for cannabis” growers worldwide.
That ought to solve those 300 usd an elbow problems the market was having.

:socrazy:
Ok all of you ganja farmers, I need some help.....
What do you think this is. My sprouts are small but growing fast. I left town for the weekend but my wife kept them on the 'weaning to the outdoors' program they are on so everything should be ok but in 3 days one of them has developed a bunch of leaf spotting, has yellowed and it's growth has stopped while the others have kept going.
Is this leaf septoria? Or is is a nutrient deficiency (or burn)? I am watering them every few days, enough to get their soil pretty wet but they have great drainage. I watered on Thursday before I left and again just now and I recently started them on a really small amount of a general nutrient that I have used with much success in the past few seasons. I have never seen this before, especially in such a young plant. If it is septoria, is the solution to spray it with a fungicide?

View attachment 154746

Most of the others look good:

View attachment 154747

View attachment 154748

The little one in the corner is a bit younger than the others.

I do see this one looks like it might also be infected, just not as far along:View attachment 154752

What would you do here? Dump the infected plant? Try to salvage? Fungicide?

Thanks!
Shoots! Noone answered @bruhdakine ...

No idea what that is, but DEFINITELY separate that from the others.

Did it infect the rest?

++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's hoping nothing 'gets' to these three before the next full moon....

20230525_182856.jpg

:bowdown::applause2::bowdown:

Last edited:
Reactions: Aquaman2 and Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Just remember they really like this stuff at the local grow show shop

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
Viral infection

An infectious pathogen inside California’s pot farms is attacking cannabis plants and growing invisibly for months only to spoil a crop just as a farmer is ready to harvest. Scientists believe that it’s in nearly every pot farm in the state and could be causing billions of dollars in damages to the national weed economy.

Hop-latent viroid, or HLVd, shrivels pot plants and reduce how much weight they produce by as much as 30%. It also destroys the amount of THC, pot’s most common active compound, that a plant produces, greatly reducing the value of affected plants.

HLVd was first identified at a California pot farm in 2019, and it’s now infected at least 90% of California’s cannabis grows, according to a 2021 estimate. It’s spreading globally, and a recent scientific paper declared the pathogen was the “biggest concern for cannabis” growers worldwide.
"Scientists believe that it’s in nearly every pot farm in [California]"

In nearly every pot farm is shocking news. If you grow from seed, do you avoid this? Is the solution to destroy clone mothers, and grow all from seed?

"The company is now selling the technology for $10 a test"

If it is only $10 a test, that doesn't sound like a scam.

• Dislike
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
"Scientists believe that it’s in nearly every pot farm in [California]"

In nearly every pot farm is shocking news. If you grow from seed, do you avoid this? Is the solution to destroy clone mothers, and grow all from seed?

"The company is now selling the technology for $10 a test"

If it is only $10 a test, that doesn't sound like a scam.
Let others be the guinea pigs,
What if the "bug" is in the "cure"?
Never seen that before, "right"?
:socrazy:

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Trying a late photo crop this year to minimize size. I had 15 seeds from previous grows. 8 indica hybrids and 7 sativa. They popped this week, went into their first container today. My thought is they will have about 5 weeks to go-go-go, then flower. My grows where I live usually start flowering mid July.

tempImage6r9MrO.jpg

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
yeah 2 per 100 ga this time around. against my better judgement. last few grows in 100's have produced massive plants which can become pita if the weather turns to sh!t early.

working laterally. limiting height with lst. scrog netting to follow

keeping the weeds back a bit just makes it easier to maintain around the bags with the line trimmer. those spun poly bags shred fast if you touch with the stihl. actually would prefer cardboard to weed cloth but its what i had laying around.

its been a weird cool spring but the seedlings out grew their 7ga pots in record time anyway. thought i was a little late transplanting but stocked so far on how they are responding to the big bags

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
I have a question for the braintrust. If I had a male plant in flower and then put it with auto flowering gals, would the autos produce seeds? Seeds that were auto or photo???