Covid Skepticism

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Ever notice that conspiracy theory fucks never have anything to add to conversation to help situation? Only stupidity and to spread fear. They live life of pure misery.
Conspiracy theories are a way for stupid people to feel smart.

And JFC, David Icke. I have already soiled my eyes enough with The Biggest Secret with the Reptilian Bush cabal baby rapes. Can't believe that crackpot is still around.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
What exactly does a politician have to gain by crashing the state/national economy? Do these people honestly believe that they didn't consider just going with business as usual?

One would think no action to prevent economic disruption would be the first consideration. Crashing the economy and rocketing unemployment is never going to help a re-election campaign. So there must be something to their decision making if you consider their normal self-preservation behavior.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
What exactly does a politician have to gain by crashing the state/national economy? Do these people honestly believe that they didn't consider just going with business as usual?

One would think no action to prevent economic disruption would be the first consideration. Crashing the economy and rocketing unemployment is never going to help a re-election campaign. So there must be something to their decision making if you consider their normal self-preservation behavior.
Agreed. And one would think that those decisions took into account some numbers from some models predicting the cost of the social-distancing/stay-at-home response we have implemented. I've done a little bit of googling to try and find those models, but haven't found anything yet. Would love to see them.

EDIT - Just did another quick google. I see plenty on how much it would cost us if we *stop* social distancing, but nothing on what it costs us to *implement* social distancing. I looks to me like we're already over 4 Trillion in implementation cost, but projecting total cost moving forward is outside my realm of expertise.

Last edited:

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Just morbid curiosity-- wonder what it would look like if they'd just called it a "bad flu season" and let nature take its course.

• Love
Reactions: Northern_Shores

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
It isn't a conspiracy, it's a cascade failure. Fear and stupidity are fvcking and multiplying quicker than the small fraction of people who are reasonable can complain about the bad math. That doesn't mean anyone is out to get anyone else and doesn't require some impossible level of cohesion. It just means people are stupid and fearful and anyone thoughtful is seen as selfish for not bending right over.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
It isn't a conspiracy, it's a cascade failure. Fear and stupidity are fvcking and multiplying quicker than the small fraction of people who are reasonable can complain about the bad math. That doesn't mean anyone is out to get anyone else and doesn't require some impossible level of cohesion. It just means people are stupid and fearful and anyone thoughtful is seen as selfish for not bending right over.
One month ago Nancy Pelosi said it was okay

Feb 12, 2020
All I know is you are an epic tuberider.
Hang in there nobody is hanging 10 you are no worse where you are as
Its outta control here for sure
Many people are asymptomatic so that could likely be you
good luck; getting to US, or not

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Sp
Stringy -- this pretty much encapsulates my perspective. Maybe I'm naive, or pissed bc of the direct impacts it's had on me, but in my version of truth this is decidedly cogent.

Personally, I fear imminent financial turmoil, loss of freedom (long and short term), career up-ending, mismanaged public education, depression, etc. That I'm not in the at-risk group only makes the pointlessness more acute. But I guess everyone is in the same boat.

Reactions: PRCD and Kaido

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
UN Agenda 2030....what's up with that?
5G and it's effect on the human body.....really?
Something every one of you should consider.....
Time to put your critical thinking hat on.....made of tin foil possibly....

Telecom guy.....but a few continuity issues with his assertions.....

Putting this up so everyone can understand what's on both sides of the fence.....make up you're on mind....raise awareness.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
so confused over here
You're better off

You have the media fear mongering, most of the population ready to give up all of their freedoms and ability to earn money, everyone is looking to blame someone, whether it be Trump or China, and then you have the virus itself

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace and PRCD

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You're better off

You have the media fear mongering, most of the population ready to give up all of their freedoms and ability to earn money, everyone is looking to blame someone, whether it be Trump or China, and then you have the virus itself
So you don't think the health care system will get overwhelmed by the virus?

What are you basing this on?

I agree that the media is being high drama.

But they do that with the weather.

So why wouldn't they do that with an outbreak?