Covid Skepticism

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
This is the only video Bohter has ever posted that I've watched and haven't immediately thought "What a crock of sh!t". However the woman who made it is really annoying...so there is that! The Irish woman walking through the empty tents was good for a laugh!
Here is a video from a hospital in NY.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
talking today to a guy in my department at work who's wife is a nurse in the SFV. cases are picking up there

Feb 12, 2020
I say its not so deadly per case; because we all have it.
50%(Icelandic study) infected remain asymptomatic; so this vector can't get a test to confirm yay or nay for this vector of infecters.
Everyone carries it for a week until symptoms present also. So off to work they go; infiltrating the work force.
We aren't even advised to wear masks!

Going shopping is Russian Roulette; we are not isolating those who have been exposed.

5 drive thru TESTS like Trump promised; only he acted like there would be lots of them. First responders and health care presenting symptoms can even get a test in most cases. After the fact; how does quarantine help when you've been spreading it for a week.
New point of care tests being rolled out with immediate results; but they are simultaneously blaming lab processing lags still. pretty sure Abbot tests don't get sent out and returned in 15 min.
Which seems like it could be a good Repub talking point.
"Governors are very happy with testing; haven't been talking about testing for a month"
Trump said it.

Why are NY Yankee rain ponchos being used by medical professionals as PPE

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
you feeling better?
better, but get mild symptoms still. mild headache for last 2 days. couldn't be a hang over as that only lasts one day. temp creeps up back again for 2 days then settles. have been isolating at home as best as can. overall, it's been mild. still a mind fuck going to bed at night wondering if wake up next morning it'll be worse.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
better, but get mild symptoms still. mild headache for last 2 days. couldn't be a hang over as that only lasts one day. temp creeps up back again for 2 days then settles. have been isolating at home as best as can. overall, it's been mild. still a mind fook going to bed at night wondering if wake up next morning it'll be worse.
go to hospital if you have trouble breathing

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
go to hospital if you have trouble breathing
already been in contact with my doctor. same thing, trouble breathing contact him. no tests available yet unless it's sever. chest tightness comes and goes, but feels more muscle than in the lungs. sore throat kind of came back. very light cough, but it's irregular. total mind fuck when one of those things happens cause in a normal year they're symptoms of cold I'd probably get this time of the year.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
already been in contact with my doctor. same thing, trouble breathing contact him. no tests available yet unless it's sever. chest tightness comes and goes, but feels more muscle than in the lungs. sore throat kind of came back. very light cough, but it's irregular. total mind fook when one of those things happens cause in a normal year they're symptoms of cold I'd probably get this time of the year.
sorry man.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Everyone is so worried about the high risk groups. So why aren't the elderly and those with prior medical conditions that make them high risk being subjected to stringent lockdowns so the rest of the world can continue while practising distancing and good hygene and get back to work?
The high risk catergories are the ones that are going to tie up the respirators. The low risk are being told to stay home until clear.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot and PRCD

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Everyone is so worried about the high risk groups. So why aren't the elderly and those with prior medical conditions that make them high risk being subjected to stringent lockdowns so the rest of the world can continue while practising distancing and good hygene and get back to work?
The high risk catergories are the ones that are going to tie up the respirators. The low risk are being told to stay home until clear.

It is un American to target the group that does most of the voting.

Reactions: Bman76

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
So why aren't the elderly and those with prior medical conditions that make them high risk being subjected to stringent lockdowns so the rest of the world can continue while practising distancing and good hygene and get back to work?
A minimaly sufficient response would make a politician vulnerable to attacks based on the fact that the crisis could have been lessened if they had done more.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Because we don't live in a country/society where health care and taking care of elderly and the sick is valued.

Unless you want to lock them in and let them die, there's no program in place that would help make this happen on a large scale. Meals on wheels is not it.

Somehow, the libertarian dummies still don't see the benefits of these social services. WHY SHULD I PAY 4 LAZI PPL

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You sure about that liar?

When are you going to kill your parents to save the economy?

Your house is more important than them living another couple of years, yeah?

This is why you are a garbage human being.

View attachment 88561
Standard.

Is it a lack of reading comprehension or do you purposefully do this?

I'm not the one that was wanting to get rid of Boomers just a couple months ago, that sentence was through your perspective

So will you go homeless so someone you've never met can live a couple more years?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I'm not the one that was wanting to get rid of Boomers just a couple months ago, that sentence was through your perspective

So will you go homeless so someone you've never met can live a couple more years?
First of all, nobody will be homeless because of COVID, you're being hysterical so you can justify your ridiculous stance on this.

You are far, far away from being homeless, while people are dying from COVID right now.

You are a pouty libertarian toddler who never faced adversity in your life, yet sees himself as a rugged self-sufficient manly man.

You've been whining for weeks how it's not your responsibility not to infect others but THEIRS.

And the context in which you said what you've said about the Boomers is pretty obvious.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 3.13.10 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
New paper estimating COVID global CFR of .29%, which is 10x swine flu. Not Just Flu, but that doesn't mean, "Shelter in place indefinitely."

As Dr. Levitt of Stanford said, "This is 4 - 8x worse than the flu, but not a cause for panic." BAck-of-the-envelope, without mitigation, we could've had 500,000 deaths (H1N1 actually only killed 12,000in the US, I'm multiplying by the number of flu deaths in the US in 2017/2018), but that's certaintly not the millions predicted by Dr. Ferguson/Imperial College and Dr. Lipsitch/Harvard. Then again, I wonder if it was around before March when we started testing. There was zero mitigation before March.

Edit: On the other hand:

Last edited:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Because we don't live in a country/society where health care and taking care of elderly and the sick is valued.

Unless you want to lock them in and let them die, there's no program in place that would help make this happen on a large scale. Meals on wheels is not it.

Somehow, the libertarian dummies still don't see the benefits of these social services. WHY SHULD I PAY 4 LAZI PPL
Sorry. I'm from Australia. Not the same as the US.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Sorry. I'm from Australia. Not the same as the US.
Yeah, that's why I said it.

It would be a smart tactic otherwise.

Many countries with healthy safety nets are doing it, because they can.

People here are rugged individuals who don't need anybody in order to survive.

This is ifailalot earlier today:

1585784178509.png

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink