CBD Oil Vape

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
I heard from a friend that vape pens may have a metal element that as it glows throws off bits of itself - bits of heavy metal.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
There has been a significant amount of research done on the pharmaceutical cannabidiol (CBD) Epidiolex and medical cannabis. At present, the bulk of the research suggests that CBD oil and cannabis tend to worsen anxiety and depression more often than they help it. They also don't work reliably well (with some side effects no less) for pain, nausea, appetite, and "inflammation."

CBD oil is not a pharmaceutical product and does not get held to the same production standards as, say, Tylenol, which is another area of concern.

What we know:

1) It's not effective for reducing anxiety (can increase it in some cases)
2) It has no effect on physical recovery as measured by objective performance
3) At present, the data on CBD oil suggests that it doesn't do much of anything save for rare seizure disorders who are also being treated with antiepileptics.

There are side effects that are known at this time, but it's a relatively new supplement as well so IMO it is equally as likely that there are unknown benefits as there are unknown side effects.

I'd pass on CBD oil right now until more convincing data comes along.
I've had good results for pain relief with cbd oil/salve/butter/whatever you call the stuff you rub on. My hands are getting blown up a couple of days a week and rubbing that stuff on at night made a big difference on finger joint pain. I went into it pretty skeptical, so don't think the placebo effect ruled the day there, but not sure. Main issue I have is finding reliable product consistency, which I guess is an issue in most new industries.

What say ye erBB for that sort of pain relief via topical cbd stuff?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I eat a CBD gummy bear every morning at my wife's urging, she swears it makes me almost bearable to be around.

Don't vape. Anything.
Sounds like how my wife encourages me to spark a bowl once I am home from work and kids are in bed (she occasionally joins in - I converted her like the movie Half Baked in reverse). Much less stress although I occasionally have a tendency to embrace my inner locust and savage every potential munchie in the pantry, fridge, and freezer. Cuts down on my beer intake too.

No vaping though. Not even the Pax (which is a pain in the ass anyways and takes 36 hits to get slightly high; well intentioned Father's Day gift that didn't quite pan out).

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Before Black Hammer (micro brewery in SF) got told by the ATF/FDA to not do it, they made and sold some IPA with CBD in it.

I found there to be a notable difference in the buzz from one pint of the stuff.

Not notable to stop me from riding my bicycle home nor so overwhelming to let me think I should order more than 2 pints. Didn't cure my tertiary stage syphilis, thinning hair, or make we believe I was better looking either.....man, why did I even bother!

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I've had good results for pain relief with cbd oil/salve/butter/whatever you call the stuff you rub on. My hands are getting blown up a couple of days a week and rubbing that stuff on at night made a big difference on finger joint pain. I went into it pretty skeptical, so don't think the placebo effect ruled the day there, but not sure. Main issue I have is finding reliable product consistency, which I guess is an issue in most new industries.

Paraphrasing an uncle with bone cancer (Stage 4 this summer past):

"Medical pot did nothing for my pain. CBD? Give me my Oxy."

Paraphrasing a mother of a woman I work with (who bought her China-born elderly mom):

"I don't like how greasy this new lotion is, but it works better for my arthritic pain than anything else I've tried."

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
I heard from a friend that vape pens may have a metal element that as it glows throws off bits of itself - bits of heavy metal.
it's the vap pens that produce a very thick white smoke cloud are the ones with harmful chemicals added. a thin cloud similar to smoke from joints/bongs/pipes, those vap pens don't have the chemical. the chemicals included should also be listed on the packaging of the cartridge

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Glowing metal means there will be a teeny tiny fraction of metal ions streaming off.

I don't know if this would be above any toxic threshold though, I mean, that would be very small amount.

Probably get more metal in you when you cook food in/on an iron pan.

Last edited:

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
The THC vape pens were being cut to make more profit.
Shipped in counterfeit packages to black market states (and a few of the grey market "dispensaries" in California too)
This wasn't originally a problem but then people caught on and they began adding a thickening agent to make it look like it had more hash oil (more golden hue and more dense liquid) The various questionable thickening agents were leaving deposits in peoples lungs.
The dumbest part of this whole thing is that the traditional E-cig vapes use PG and VG which have been extensively tested and are safe to inahale. (used in inhalers, smoke machines, hospital air vents) but stoners were scared of the word "glycerin and glycol" and were looking for "better" alternatives. Idiots and bad actors.
It has gotten so bad that when I was on the dark-web a month ago I saw PRE FILLED CARTS from CHINA on there for sale !!!!!
I also have seen a DMT pen (which was cool as long as you know what it is)
And i have seen someone purchase a CBD pen that contained Synthetic cannibinoids aka spice or k2 or whatever

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/d1wo68

As far as CBD, in my opinion, unless you are one of those people who get seizures, its probably overblown.
Although my conservative ass skeptical grandma swears the topical cream helped her so idk?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Skepticism has no bearing on the placebo effect.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The take away from all this?

1. Don’t vape.

2. Don’t inhale smoke.

3. Use CBD topical oil as a lubricant for jerking off and anal sex with the wife.

Follow these three simple rules and you’re good to go.

Reactions: sd_101