Can we talk for a second? Cutting sugar out of your diet......

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
What do you guys consume that uses milk? Regardless of cow or alternative.

I don't do cereal or smoothies and take my coffee black, I never drink milk.
Nothing but my coffee. Occasionally oatmeal.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

I don’t drink milk at all. Coffee black. Don’t really do smoothies either. I eat Greek yogurt almost everyday if that counts.

Only thing that comes to mind is using milk to make oatmeal 2 times a week.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
In this thread there was Boomer thrashing and Descendents lyrics. Meat is not bad totally. Added sugar is unnecessary and for this epidemic you could blame a Boomer but they are lots of sugar before that so moral of the story is All! Descendents are obsessed with farting BTW

Reactions: Ifallalot

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Haven't drank milk for 30 years and will not touch an egg. If it wasn't for In 'n Out, I'd probably be a vegetarian. I keep trying.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Heavy cream in my coffee. And portion control. Tiny healthy lunch and Modest dinner of healthy fresh meats fish and veggies. All the spinning I was doing, plus surfing when there are waves and weekly strength work to keep the upper body strong, plus a yoga class once or twice a week, I still plateaued around 230. It wasn’t until I started paying attention to just plain quantity that real weight loss began. I’ve lost 35 pounds since June and have never felt better, looked better, or surfed waves of consequence with more style/confidence/comfort. All new wardrobe and even a smaller board added to my high volume thruster and fish quiver. My DD 6,1 is really a step up now, the new 5’10 hypto is fun on those punchy chest to head high days we see most often in LB.

mininal sugar except for occasional dessert and office chocplate. Not “zero carb” but certainly low carb. as I type this I am drinking coffeee ground from estate blend beans right from Kauai coffee co. Yummy. I still roll out for some kick ass meals out as many of you know, and on those occasions I don’t hold back, but day in and out it’s all about quantity control. A little manorexia and a tape worm named tommy also work wonders ;):shaka:

Reactions: PJ, Kento and gbg

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Heavy cream in my coffee. And portion control. Tiny healthy lunch and Modest dinner of healthy fresh meats fish and veggies. All the spinning I was doing, plus surfing when there are waves and weekly strength work to keep the upper body strong, plus a yoga class once or twice a week, I still plateaued around 230. It wasn’t until I started paying attention to just plain quantity that real weight loss began. I’ve lost 35 pounds since June and have never felt better, looked better, or surfed waves of consequence with more style/confidence/comfort. All new wardrobe and even a smaller board added to my high volume thruster and fish quiver. My DD 6,1 is really a step up now, the new 5’10 hypto is fun on those punchy chest to head high days we see most often in LB.

mininal sugar except for occasional dessert and office chocplate. Not “zero carb” but certainly low carb. as I type this I am drinking coffeee ground from estate blend beans right from Kauai coffee co. Yummy. I still roll out for some kick ass meals out as many of you know, and on those occasions I don’t hold back, but day in and out it’s all about quantity control. A little manorexia and a tape worm named tommy also work wonders ;):shaka:

You can't outrun a shitty diet, especially considering that spinning isn't a very high calorie burner and yoga burns as much calories as a slow short walk.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Spinning super charges my heart and lung capacity, leg strength, recovery time (useful whilst caught inside very large long sets, or winter paddle outs through overhead short period beach break) and feels amazing in general for mind and body. But yes, if you want to get ripped go the gym, if you want to lose weight, stay out of the kitchen

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Cheese

I never drink milk, don't eat cereal, and drink coffee black

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Next time you're out to dinner I suggest looking around at everyone eating and then thinking about the fact they will be shitting it all out later. They will be passing gas and it's gonna smell like sh!t.

Even the women.:poop:

Bon Appétit!

What is it with you linking excrement and sex?

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
You can't outrun a shitty diet, especially considering that spinning isn't a very high calorie burner and yoga burns as much calories as a slow short walk.
You get lighter by not eating too much calories. You get fitter by not sitting around too much. That is the basics. Eat lots of junk, exercise can help some, but it is just easier to not jam too much food in you mouth than run an extra 10 miles.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The secret to yoga is to not cheat with any inertia or momentum, do everything slow AF so you're basically flexing the entire movement. It still won't burn as many calories as cardio, but you'll get a lot more out of it the slower you do it. Look at the out of shape people in class, they're all flying through the movements.

Reactions: encladd

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
You get lighter by not eating too much calories. You get fitter by not sitting around too much. That is the basics. Eat lots of junk, exercise can help some, but it is just easier to not jam too much food in you mouth than run an extra 10 miles.
which is to say you cannot outrun your fork. tru dat.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
The secret to yoga is to not cheat with any inertia or momentum, do everything slow AF so you're basically flexing the entire movement. It still won't burn as many calories as cardio, but you'll get a lot more out of it the slower you do it. Look at the out of shape people in class, they're all flying through the movements.
When i did yoga i was surprised by how the fat girls were so much better at it than me. And had better balance than me.

I got alot of beaver at yoga. once i saw a chick looking at me for the 3rd time i would ask them out after class. I got shot down some but scored too.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Surely, conditioned and conscious not intuitive thinking is at fault here?

No hominid could have survived refusing meat as humans made their way(s) out of Africa to colonise the globe.
The line between the two is VERY blurry.

Maybe "automatic thinking" is a better term.

Conditioning is a great way to to put a person into automatic thinking mode.

As soon as you start repeating patterns, the nervous system wants automation to take over to save energy.

That goes for thinking as well as movement.

Once the pattern is grooved, you could say the person is reacting "intuitively."

But I see how that is not quite right.

So, you can intuitive think the wrong thing.

And you can be conditioned to automatically think the wrong thing.

IT's hard to be a human.

I learned from my lemon tree that nature plays a numbers game,

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
But how much time and energy did it take to consistently catch and kill a wild animal back then with sticks and stones?
This is another way humans became human. Sticks and stones weren't working effectively so we turned those sticks and stones into tools that would.

Reactions: Havoc

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
But how much time and energy did it take to consistently catch and kill a wild animal back then with sticks and stones?
A lot, but still probably less energy than what would be required to forage that same amount of nutrition. Especially for a bigger tribe.