Can we talk for a second? Cutting sugar out of your diet......

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Many of you guys should think about joining a foozball forum.
We post about football about 1/1000th as much as you post about politics. Of course, now that Kento and I know it irks you, our ilk will be talking pigskin with greater frequency.

Rutgers sucks and your stadium is literally sh!t Stadium. Chris Ash was a dumpster fire and Greg Schiano is a trash can. Rutgers doesn't belong in the Big 10; they should get booted the F out along with Maryland, with the latter going to back to the ACC where they belong, and Rutgers going to the nobody gives half a f--k conference, and Notre Dame should join the Big 10 along with West Virginia. Send Missouri to the Big 12 to replace West Virginia (remind me how a team in Columbia, Missouri is in the SEC East) and add Clemson to the SEC East, demote the ACC, and call it Power 4 football.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Hal is an educator. You clowns don’t know what you’re talking about.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
We post about football about 1/1000th as much as you post about politics. Of course, now that Kento and I know it irks you, our ilk will be talking pigskin with greater frequency
Luckily no one here knows how to expose and exploit weakness.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
How do you feel about the Raiders move to Tijuana?
Well played, Sir.

Tailgating would be far better in TJ than Vegas. And the absolutely faded mass stagger back across the border after games would stress the crap out of border guards. No doubt cops would be far less permissive than the ones in Oakland.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Well played, Sir.

Tailgating would be far better in TJ than Vegas. And the absolutely faded mass stagger back across the border after games would stress the crap out of border guards. No doubt cops would be far less permissive than the ones in Oakland.
Can you imagine all of the pay porta-potty's on wheels that would suddenly pop up at the border crossing?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
There was a show that ran into the early 80's, I believe the name of the TV show was Superstars or something.

They would take athletes from different sports/disciplines and have a decathlon type of contest. Foot races, swimming, bike races, obstacle courses, weight lifting, on and on. The show was filmed in different locations but as I remember it was frequently held in Hawaii. It was interesting. There was a famous surfer who tried to compete. It was embarrassing. As I recall he did OK at the swimming (still got beat though) and was a DNF on the obstacle course and just quit.

In the past, I interacted with a few well-known surfers that frankly had the reflexes of my dead grandmother. Surfing is IMO more about timing/balance than lightning reflexes. At least it used to be. I suspect the guys who are at the top of the small wave air game are a new breed. Although I still suspect if you took the top WSL surfers and made them all run a 40 the average times would probably contain two digits to the left of the decimal place.

Anyone that doesn't realize the kind of freaks that are running around in the backfield in the NFL is just clueless re athleticism.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
There was a show that ran into the early 80's, I believe the name of the TV show was Superstars or something.

They would take athletes from different sports/disciplines and have a decathlon type of contest. Foot races, swimming, bike races, obstacle courses, weight lifting, on and on. The show was filmed in different locations but as I remember it was frequently held in Hawaii. It was interesting. There was a famous surfer who tried to compete. It was embarrassing. As I recall he did OK at the swimming (still got beat though) and was a DNF on the obstacle course and just quit.

In the past, I interacted with a few well-known surfers that frankly had the reflexes of my dead grandmother. Surfing is IMO more about timing/balance than lightning reflexes. At least it used to be. I suspect the guys who are at the top of the small wave air game are a new breed. Although I still suspect if you took the top WSL surfers and made them all run a 40 the average times would probably contain two digits to the left of the decimal place.

Anyone that doesn't realize the kind of freaks that are running around in the backfield in the NFL is just clueless re athleticism.

Makes me think of the early days of UFC. Before people were actually trained in mixed martial arts and just brought individual disciplines into the octagon. I remember it'd be like a Ninja vs a Muay Thai fighter and the ninja would just get worked.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

C908AF0E-D542-48F8-AA9D-3B7634C3378E.gif