California, who are the lunatics in charge?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Water pump (5amp load) :jamon:
Juicer
Mixer
Fans
Blender
Waffle Iron

What does the battery bank on your boat consist of?
I have water pumps bro.
I have a bilge full of them. :roflmao:

I have everything you have, plus a chartploter connected to 3 sensors and an autopilot, navigation lights and a water heater.

I don't have a waffle iron tho because what a waste of energy just to get some carbs.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I have water pumps bro.
I have a bilge full of them. :roflmao:

I have everything you have, plus a chartploter connected to 3 sensors and an autopilot, navigation lights and a water heater.

I don't have a waffle iron tho because what a waste of energy just to get some carbs.
A bilge full? What, you use them for ballast? I’ve never heard of that. 5 amps AC is 60amps DC. What voltage/amperage is/are your bilge pump(s)?

Everything? Juicer? Mixer?

How much of what you listed runs on AC? On a boat that size I’m guessing very little. I asked about your battery setup, why didn’t you respond to that?

Waffle iron is for the kids and grandkids. Belgian!

Where do you leave your surfboards, bicycles, computer equipment you’ve posted pictures of, etc.? No electricity there, right?

Don’t cherry pick over what’s not convenient for you to answer. :shameonyou:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
A bilge full? What, you use them for ballast? I’ve never heard of that. 5 amps AC is 60amps DC. What voltage/amperage is/are your bilge pump(s)?

How much of what you listed runs on AC? On a boat that size I’m guessing very little. I asked about your battery setup, why didn’t you respond to that?

Where do you leave your surfboards, bicycles, computer equipment you’ve posted pictures of, etc.? No electricity there, right?

You're arguing grid-tied 120 V AC solar with some guy whose whole solar setup is battery-backed 12V DC. Do I have this right?

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
You're arguing grid-tied 120 V AC solar with some guy whose whole solar setup is battery-backed 12V DC. Do I have this right?
I don’t know what he has, he hasn’t been forthcoming about that.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

Bilge pumps are normal thing on a boat, you would not want to be without them. I have three bilge pumps, also a regular water pump and a macerator pump.

I have quite a few AC gadgets, fridge, freezer, microwave, electric kettle, toaster, blender, fans, heater... Not unlike any home, plus all the pumps. :roflmao:

As for battery setup, 2 dedicated AG betteries for essential boat systems and two lithium ion batteries for AC stuff and gadgets, connected to 300W of solar.

My bike and my surfboards sail with me, couldn't do it without a bike. To have wheels everywhere you anchor, to go exploring, is the best.

989FB67A-3170-461A-8709-1A8830F16D88.jpeg

1662144489163.jpeg

Reactions: Mr Doof

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
No, you got that wrong also.

What's your solar system consist of? :poke:

ElOgro told me that you have to have 10+ years of off the grid experience before you can chime in.

Surfs up!

1662144849805.jpeg

Reactions: grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I don’t know what he has, he hasn’t been forthcoming about that.
Most boats/RVs are all 12 volts - dirt simple. You only need panels, a battery, and a charge controller.. This is a far less complicated problem than running a house on a grid-tied/off-grid/hybrid power. Even a cursory read of inverter electronics and power engineering shows this is far more complicated.

Better you argue with him than me though.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Bilge pumps are normal thing on a boat, you would not want to be without them. I have three bilge pumps, also a regular water pump and a macerator pump.

I have quite a few AC gadgets, fridge, freezer, microwave, electric kettle, toaster, blender, fans, heater... Not unlike any home, plus all the pumps. :roflmao:

As for battery setup, 2 dedicated AG betteries for essential boat systems and two lithium ion batteries for AC stuff and gadgets, connected to 300W of solar.

My bike and my surfboards sail with me, couldn't do it without a bike. To have wheels everywhere you anchor, to go exploring, is the best.

View attachment 137171

View attachment 137169
You talking about this is like me talking about cameras and film editing. I don’t know anything about cameras and film editing. Example: batteries are measured in amp hours. Not how many and type of batteries. 300w of solar panel energy to charge all of that battery storage? What’s your secret?

You imply that all of your personal possessions are on your boat. Did you sell everything else? Post a picture of all of your surfboards on your boat.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Surf's never up at Stingray Point. Fore!!!
I watched a fat golfer chase a seagull who stole his ball.

His gut jiggling in his shiny, one-size-too-small Under Armor tech polo.

The sight was worth the solitary beach access.

GroomerDad would go.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Example: batteries are measured in amp hours. Not how many and type of batteries. 300w of solar panel energy to charge all of that battery storage? What’s your secret?
You imply that all of your personal possessions are on your boat. Did you sell everything else? Post a picture of all of your surfboards on your boat.
WTF is wrong with you? :roflmao:

Where did I imply anything?

I tell you what's my secret, I look at the charge controller and the batteries are always in the 90% at the end of the day. That's all I do.

Your welc.