CA orders mask mandate

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The only reason for the anti vaxx/restrictions nonsense is because the stupid, stubborn and/or mentally ill among us perceive it coming form the left. If the advice was not to hit yourself in the head with a hammer the Emergency rooms would be full of head injuries.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Imagine if people acted like this over the flu

Something that actually is dangerous to children

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Imagine if people acted like this over the flu

Something that actually is dangerous to children
You mean, imagine if people laughed at posts where someone mentioned a kid with the flu?
yeah, that would be weird

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You mean, imagine if people laughed at posts where someone mentioned a kid with the flu?
yeah, that would be weird
Stop. You're steering this back towards womanish self-victimhood and whining. This is less deadly than the flu for children and we don't freak out about the flu every year for kids. Other things are much more deadly to children. You are a patriarch and need to start acting like it. It's time for the Boomers to grow up.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Stop. You're steering this back towards womanish self-victimhood and whining. This is less deadly than the flu for children and we don't freak out about the flu every year for kids. Other things are much more deadly to children. You are a patriarch and need to start acting like it.
You’re reading a tone into my posts that is completely inaccurate

I’ll man up and go find some sick kids to laugh at
Not cancer kids, just kids who feel like crap

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
OK. Where'd I go wrong?

I'm not laughing at your grand-kids. I'm laughing at your hand-wringing response to it.

FIND. YOUR. BALLS.
I’m not hand wringing
I was curious about why duffy was saying presymptomatic transmission isn’t a reason for masks
I’m interested in understanding other people’s views, so I’ll often ask for an explanation. It’s very different than trying to convince them they are wrong. I’m not trying to convince duffy of anything. I’m trying to understand his position. I might also try to offer a differing perspective for him to consider, but that’s different from hand wringing and trying to convert anyone

my responses to you were more about pointing out that laughing about sick kids is, at the very least, weird.
Some might call I’d fvcked up

Reactions: npsp

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You said, "vaccinated".
RIght. A large chunk of our population already had immunity from previous infection that was as good as or better than the vaccines before the vaccines came out. It was roughly 30% in December 2020.

Also, stop being an effeminate, nit-picking ninny.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
RIght. A large chunk of our population already had immunity from previous infection that was as good as or better than the vaccines before the vaccines came out. It was roughly 30% in December 2020.

Also, stop being an effeminate, nit-picking ninny.
rice is my neighbor and he's actually pretty alpha. just sayin

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD and rice

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I’m not hand wringing
I was curious about why duffy was saying presymptomatic transmission isn’t a reason for masks
I’m interested in understanding other people’s views, so I’ll often ask for an explanation. It’s very different than trying to convince them they are wrong. I’m not trying to convince duffy of anything. I’m trying to understand his position. I might also try to offer a differing perspective for him to consider, but that’s different from hand wringing and trying to convert anyone
Do you understand that there are degrees of transmission and trade-offs to masks?
my responses to you were more about pointing out that laughing about sick kids is, at the very least, weird.
Some might call I’d fvcked up
Except I wasn't. I was laughing at you.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I guess I’m still curious as to why
Do masks never work?
is pre symptomatic transmission not real
Are the chances of presymptomatic exposure so low that it doesn’t matter

I was exposed to covid last weekend
Presymptomatic exposure
I tested negative last night, but may still test positive

many people don’t know about their exposure. I found out my grandkids were positive on Monday. After a lot of exposure Friday saturday and sunday

They most likely got it from their presymptomatic aunt, who tested positive 4 days after being with my grandkids

knowing my grandkids are sick may cloud my judgement, but I’m still curious about why you think masks for presymptomatic cases arent
If you’re still asking these questions then there’s no point in engaging with you.

The ship has sailed.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
If you’re still asking these questions then there’s no point in engaging with you.

The ship has sailed.
I stopped asking and stopped paying attention to all the noise until it got personal
I was willfully ignorant
But now seek enlightenment
Maybe enlightenment is a different thread
If you know which thread has the enlightenment, please post a link or mention me on it