CA orders mask mandate

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I will point out that vaccines do have breakthrough cases; though rare I’m not sure how they stack up to the covid vaxx

apparently the measles vax fails to protect about 3% of patients. Polio vaccines are comparable to the c19 vax at 80-90% prevention of protection from paralysis and the flu virus has a fair amount of breakthroughs.

the c19 vaccine was never advertised as 100%

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You have to admit it's kind of funny to watch people go ape-sh!t bananas over something so trivial as having to wear a mask when they go into a store.
It’s not really about that. It’s about being forced to go through this idiotic safety theater that we all know is totally ineffective.

And it’s alway “just two weeks” or “just until January 15.”

SB County has had a one month mask mandate that has been in place for 4 months.

Texas, Florida, et al have been maskless for over a year now with no difference in covid rates. Currently Florida has the lowest rates in the country.

Im vaxxed and had COVID a couple months ago. I have off the chart antibodies (tested and confirmed).

Why do I have to wear a mask? Show me a scientific justification.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You have to admit it's kind of funny to watch people go ape-sh!t bananas over something so trivial as having to wear a mask when they go into a store.
Also, what many people don’t understand is the economic impact of mask mandates.

One example in my personal sphere is corporate gym memberships. We have three local companies wanting to add jiu jitsu and kickboxing to their wellness programs but won’t sign up until the mask mandate goes away.

event planners, wedding venues, gyms and countless other industries are getting wrecked.

For what? Safety theater.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Oh so two Illegitimates make a legit?

:roflmao:

I can only assume you are being dumb to troll at this point.
The 'hiding part of your identity' bit was nicely done. Much more subtle than my buccacio, which I thought for sure was coming in under the radar. Alas; the gutter is the erBB's most surveilled zone.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Several local cities are not enforcing. The local Boy's Club is not enforcing this at games because the city will not enforce it and parents will not comply. Nothing changed at my kids' school nor our church. Maybe Newsom can lace-up his jackboots, drive down here and enforce it himself.

Remember all the "RESIST" bumper stickers in 2016?

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Delta already burned through Florida and left a trail of fail in its wake so I'm not sure what the low numbers now mean. It's not like it's safer here Covid-wise than California over the whole scheme.

But if you're that tired of having to wear a mask and having to ride actual good waves and ever driving less than forever for remotely decent snowboarding, come on down. Real Estate's still cheap outside South LOLrida, and I didn't notice a single person in North Jax Beach at lunch today and there were some chop bowls with the occasional longer line on offer.

Reactions: retodd