**BONZER THREAD 2014**

emissions

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 8, 2004
NS
Some solid bonzer socials today. Although I think this sticker could be misleading on certain boards. I prefer to use the side fins as my indicator for proper placement. Just a tad behind maybe 1/8th of an inch.

http://instagr.am/p/6hMu_BHb-/

njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
thought it was a good time to post some fresh pics of my minimalist bonzer quiver...rounded out w/ a 14' bark commander prone paddleboard & a 9'6" single fin log by brian wynn.

5'10"x20 3/4"x2 9/16" octafish & 6'4"x20 1/4"x2 9/16" mini merk:

the octa's been in my quiver for more than 3 years now, most of which time it has been my go-to board, & has the scars to prove it. only 1 session on the merk so far, but it was pretty spot on from wave one. can't wait for some proper fall/winter swells to arrive to really see what she can do!

edit: funnily enough, for all we go on & on about custom shapes & such, every board in my quiver has been bought off the rack...in fact, all but 1 of my customs from malcolm were less magic than the ones i've had off the rack. clearly, malcolm has a better idea of what i want than i do!

njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
thanks...really trying to keep it minimal these days, what w/ reduced water time w/ a new house, baby, & such, & this is what seems to be working best for me. something w/ more surface area & wider tail, like an mgb-gt, would be fun to add to cover the low end of things, but i guess that's what i've got my log for...& my surf mat.

njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
OTdos said:
NJ! Man, if I have to go back through the last 30 years of Bonzer Love, I'd have to say the Merk ranks in the top 3 MC designs.
even w/ just 1 session on it, & 3 total on the mini merk design, i feel really good about the design. about this time last year, i ordered a 6'1"x20"x2 1/2" mini mierk that arrived just before my son was born. i put on a good amount of sympathy & new dad weight & so only rode it 2x before realizing it was too low volume for me now. stoked to have this 6'4" fall into my lap!

very interested to hear what other 2 designs rank in the top 3. personally, the octafish is #1...i feel as though i could realistically make it a 1 board quiver here if i really wanted to push it's upper & lower limits.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
ProBox runners. Very cheap, plastic but very nice and easily adapted to any FCS box.

FCS eat dick.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
I got them through the the Aussie rep for Hanalei fins.....Idk If he has more, I don't think they were too popular....before CI invented the Bonzer that is..

You could try Robin Mair? I think he's in Hawaii

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
caramel_Sea said:
Nice! got a line on the plastic source?
Call Larry Allison at Fibre Glas Fine Co . He is the Probox guy. I have a set of them They are a little on the heavy side FYI. Cutting them for FCS will lighten them a bit though.

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
Somebody thieve this Instagram shot for me and post it here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNfIACzBAQv/

I have another older disgusting Bonzer blow tail shot of Knox, but last I heard I wasn't supposed to make it public yet.